Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385
Default Re: Endo Troy???

I'm starting to wonder if his "injury" is some kind of cover-up for some other "issue".

It just seems odd...
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
Chadmagic
Banned

Member Number: 17433

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCAD View Post
I'm starting to wonder if his "injury" is some kind of cover-up for some other "issue".

It just seems odd...
My thoughts too. A calf strain shouldn't take this long to heal up.
Chadmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
Terminator
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24492
Thanked 1,397 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmagic View Post
My thoughts too. A calf strain shouldn't take this long to heal up.
A type II calf strain (which is what Troy has) typically takes 8 weeks to heal. The injury involves micro-tears in the muscle fibers. Troy has so far missed 6 weeks of play time.

If it was a type III, he would be looking at surgery and 8 months recovery.
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:
Men of Steel (11-26-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Love the man. Always have, always will, but he ain't worth the $ any more. Trade him if it's possible, or put him on a leash and limit his role. Stick him in the back and let him intercept deflected balls all day like Ed Reed does, and keep him on the field with a jersey, pads, and helmet on. not the sidelines with sweatpants and a ear bud.

I'd like to trade him for a good draft pick and get a comp. Pick for Wallace. It's always time to think about the future.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #15
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I do not understand why this particular calf injury has set him out for half the season? I just don't understand the extent to that injury. It's a torn calf muscle right? I didn't know they took that long to heal.

Now there is a catch 22 with the pay. When they hired Troy they did so with the expectation he was not going to get hurt. While at the same time I do not agree that they should get paid for sitting on the side lines either. I personally think many of them play it up and cry wolf. I believe if you don't work, you don't get money. Plain and simple. I know many of you may disagree with me but when your making millions of dollars well...perhaps some should be better stewards of their money. But who am I to say anything? I haven't made my millions yet. :-)
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #16
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Troy is a great player, when he's healthy his presence on the field causes confusion in the opposing offense. I think Troy has lost a 1/4 step and that does explain some of the poor angles he takes going after ball carriers. Will Allen has been playing very well so it's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario when troy is healthy enough to be back.
My fear for troy , however, is that he has played with such reckless abandon over the years that his body is finally breaking down from all the wear and tear. I am hopeful he comes back and helps us to #7 this season, but I fear the end of a great career is closer than we may think.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,927 Times in 991 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Quote:

It just seems odd...
As his "calf injury" lingered on and on I suspected a "cover-up" for an Achilles injury of some sort.
No proof just a hunch.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
A type II calf strain (which is what Troy has) typically takes 8 weeks to heal. The injury involves micro-tears in the muscle fibers. Troy has so far missed 6 weeks of play time.

If it was a type III, he would be looking at surgery and 8 months recovery.
I have a type 2 and even without the high end medical stuff he has, I'm back to normal in 5 weeks. I know I'm in way worse shape than him, and I have 20 years on him.
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
I have a type 2 and even without the high end medical stuff he has, I'm back to normal in 5 weeks. I know I'm in way worse shape than him, and I have 20 years on him.
His warmup and training routine also draws a lot of fire. When other players are on the field jogging around, stretching, etc., Troy is never joining in. In the past they let him do whatever training he wants by himself in the offseason. I think I remember Ike Taylor at one point saying he wanted Troy to join him and a couple others in their routine because Troy's obviously isn't getting the job done. Also keep in mind this injury first began last season.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #20
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

I think if he is healthy, he should be immediately inserted into the defense. Although this defense is very good, it's far from great. The D is missing that one player who can create turnovers. Woodley and Harrison don't seem to be able to create fumbles and our backfield is among the worst at creating INTs. Even today's game would have been won if we could have created one more turnover (i.e. Ike dropping two I believe).
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote