Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
rgj
Starter

Member Number: 7995
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Go Baltimore...

I'll NEVER root for the dead (may he rest in hell) Modell Ravens.
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

I will NEVER root for the Ratbirds. We have San Diego head to head in a few weeks.......we can take care of them there. If the Rats loose today and we beat them next week, it's a whole new conversation. We could still catch them, maybe.
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Does anyone actually watch football anymore or do they only look at scores and stat lines. For every one who says Cleveland is awful then all I can say is you have not been paying attention. Youngest team in the league and a defense that is every bit as good as they showed today. I am Steeler black and gold but I watch other games and my eyes told me some time earlier in this season that the Browns are getting better. When healthy we are as good as any one in the the NFL (something else my eyes tell me) but we are down to third string linemen, without our best receiver, all pro safety, and our best player a QB that was having a MVP type season. We are down but not out, we still can make the playoffs and if, IF , we can get some of these players back anything can happen. But understand this, that at least for a while, we are no longer the Steelers of old where we intimidate the rest of the division. Ravens are pretty good, but the teams I am worried about are the Bengals and the Browns both are young and have improved greatly, Cincy on offense and the Browns on defense. We are going to have to hit on our upcoming draft picks if we wish to compete in the years to come.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #14
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Ben is going to come back. We are competing with teams who are young and ccollapse prone. "we lost to bad teams, we are bad." Who is great in the AFC? We we are 7-3 if Ben doesnt go down. Yeah, he did, and yeah, we are 6-5.. But outside of next week, who are we going to lose to? And, even if we lose, we would still probably be the 6th seed at 9 wins as long as we beat Cincy. it's a down year in the AFC.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #15
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Does anyone actually watch football anymore or do they only look at scores and stat lines. For every one who says Cleveland is awful then all I can say is you have not been paying attention. Youngest team in the league and a defense that is every bit as good as they showed today. I am Steeler black and gold but I watch other games and my eyes told me some time earlier in this season that the Browns are getting better. When healthy we are as good as any one in the the NFL (something else my eyes tell me) but we are down to third string linemen, without our best receiver, all pro safety, and our best player a QB that was having a MVP type season. We are down but not out, we still can make the playoffs and if, IF , we can get some of these players back anything can happen. But understand this, that at least for a while, we are no longer the Steelers of old where we intimidate the rest of the division. Ravens are pretty good, but the teams I am worried about are the Bengals and the Browns both are young and have improved greatly, Cincy on offense and the Browns on defense. We are going to have to hit on our upcoming draft picks if we wish to compete in the years to come.
Exactly. Vegas knew this game was a toss up from the get go. With no Ben we were favored by 1 point. 8 turnovers and you're going to lose.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Ravens are being gifted another win. Down 10, Chargers gave up a 4th and 29, when Ray Rice picked up 28 1/2 and the refs gave him 30. They then reviewed, and then move it back a half yard and still give it to him when he was clearly short.

Watch the replay. Rice is maybe 5'7. His knee is down before the 35 yard line. His thigh is perpendicular to the ground and he has the ball tucked by his chest. Knee was down before any extension. They spotted the ball at the 33 1/2 yard line. A full 5 feet from where his knee was down. Unless Rice has the longest torso in the history of mankind, they spotted the ball a full yard ahead of where it should have been and he makes the first down by a foot.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
steve314 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #17
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

No way I root for the ratbirds.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM   #18