Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
Default Re: Tomlin is trade bait ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
It took Cowher a long time to find his groove and to become the excellent coach that he would be in his later years. Other organizations would have likely cut Cowher by 1999 - that's not the Steelers way. Tomlin had an excellent start, but yeah - he was helped by the foundation which Cowher built...over SEVERAL years. Give Coach Tomlin some time to find his groove - he will. But as Steelers fans, I sometimes feel like we're more than just a little spoiled. Coaches are going to have bad seasons. Players are going to have bad seasons. Teams are going to have bad seasons. The Steelers aren't exempt from that painful truth. I haven't exactly been impressed with Tomlin this year myself - but there were definitely years where I wanted to strangle Cowher too. But, when it was all said and done, I think he was a pretty good coach.

Four weeks ago, everyone wanted Dick LeBaeu's head for the inconsistent D. Now it's Tomlin's turn, I guess. Give it a rest.
Well said, and I am waiting for that day to come.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoneBlitzer For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #22
dpc13
Water Boy

Member Number: 15222

Everyone making personnel moves may need to be evaluated more closely by ownership. Old injuries make young players older fast .
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #23
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

I wouldn't mind of the Steelers let Tomlin go. I don't want to become an Al Davis and fire my head coach every time he has a losing season, but I really don't like Tomlin as our coach. I feel like I could do a better job than him managing th game
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdandlong For This Useful Post:
dpc13 (11-25-2012), Terminator (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #24
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Well said, and I am waiting for that day to come.
Thank you. I get the impression that a lot of Steelers Nation has a bad case of short term memory. All we want to remember is the great years and just sort of gloss over the plethora of years where the team failed to do much of anything. We're blessed and lucky to have a team that is as decorated and respected as the Steelers - but its football - a game of feast and famine. To those with short term memories - it's not all feasts.

I also wait for that day to come. I hope it comes sooner than later - most of us would - but I'm ready to wait and watch this team transition into its next era and see where Tomlin is going to take it in the years to come. There will be more success. It's not a question of if, just when.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #25
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I've never called for Dick Lebeau's head, but I'm still waiting for Tomlin to look more like Tony Dungy and less like Jon Gruden. I think I have a long wait.
He is nowhere like Gruden. Gruden's buccaneers shit the bed right after they won the super bowl in his first year coaching the team.

Tomlins team not only won the championship 2 years after he took over, but he got them back to the big game his 4th year. Last year they were 12-4 and yeah, Tebow took them out of the playoffs.

This year they are 6-5 and still in it. The defense continues to improve and the offense will get better when BB gets back.

Cowhers players are long gone for the most part. You barely need two hands to count the number of Cowhers players still on this team. That just went 12-4 last year and would be moving along nicely at this point except you have chaos at the QB position.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdandlong View Post
I wouldn't mind of the Steelers let Tomlin go. I don't want to become an Al Davis and fire my head coach every time he has a losing season, but I really don't like Tomlin as our coach. I feel like I could do a better job than him managing th game
Go for it then. Start at the high school level and maybe a university will notice your genius and pick you up. Next thing you know you are coaching in the big leagues and driving ferrari's to practice using voice commands to navigate since you can't bend your knuckles around the steering wheel with two super bowls rings on each finger.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lipps83 For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-01-2012), Dalarin (11-26-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #27
dpc13
Water Boy

Member Number: 15222

QB`S do get hurt .But there was no anticipation that 2 would go down . Steelers did nor prepare thru training for the calamity that we see before us now. Wallace could have made some nice long receptions had the ball led him up field further.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #28
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
He is nowhere like Gruden. Gruden's buccaneers shit the bed right after they won the super bowl in his first year coaching the team.

Tomlins team not only won the championship 2 years after he took over, but he got them back to the big game his 4th year. Last year they were 12-4 and yeah, Tebow took them out of the playoffs.

This year they are 6-5 and still in it. The defense continues to improve and the offense will get better when BB gets back.

Cowhers players are long gone for the most part. You barely need two hands to count the number of Cowhers players still on this team. That just went 12-4 last year and would be moving along nicely at this point except you have chaos at the QB position.
I hope you are right, but I don't see it. I see glaring deficiencies that aren't being addressed on special teams, in game management and in fundamentals that no high school coach would ignore and expect to still be coaching the next year. The one major deficiency that was corrected was done by ownership against the wishes of Tomlin.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminpa For This Useful Post:
dpc13 (11-25-2012), Pirate (11-26-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #29
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc13 View Post
QB`S do get hurt .But there was no anticipation that 2 would go down . Steelers did nor prepare thru training for the calamity that we see before us now. Wallace could have made some nice long receptions had the ball led him up field further.
How could anyone not anticipate Leftwich going down? He has not been able to go a full game (maybe quarter) since Jacksonville cut him, and should have been pulled before the second quarter last week for his injuries.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #30
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
How could anyone not anticipate Leftwich going down? He has not been able to go a full game (maybe quarter) since Jacksonville cut him, and should have been pulled before the second quarter last week for his injuries.
After seeing Batch's performance today, I'm not sure that would have been any better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:
steelfury02 (11-26-2012)
Closed Thread