Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001
Default Re: Draft based on...?

I'd day more than anything we need to upgrade our defensive line or linebacking corps. Were not getting nearly as much pressure on the quarterback as we need to. It's ironic that our defense is ranked number one in terms of yards allowed. Our secondary is really good and so has bailed out the defensive line and linebackers
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,947 Times in 4,642 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I think with DD back, The Colon with another year at LG, and both Adams & Gilbert having another year of coaching, any RB should do well behind their blocking.

Dwyer and/or Redman, and Rainey (plus some rookie free agent)... I'd be happy with that.
not me, I think Dwyer, Redman and Rainey are all average/mediocre RBs. I would prefer a stud RB, like Montee Ball from Wisconsin in Round 2:

Montee Ball sets NCAA TD record

Updated: November 24, 2012
ESPN.com news services

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Wisconsin star running back Montee Ball set an NCAA record after scoring his 79th career touchdown on a 17-yard run in the first quarter of Saturday's loss against Penn State.

The score broke a tie in the record book with Travis Prentice of Miami (Ohio), who previously set the major college mark in 1999.

This wasn't the way the NCAA's new career touchdown leader wanted to roll into next week's Big Ten title game.

"It's not the way you want it to happen," Ball said.

"I guess, for your own personal goals, I look on the bright side. I'm glad I have them. I'm blessed," Ball added. "It could obviously be a lot better."

Entering Saturday's game, Ball had 72 career-rushing scores -- including 17 this season -- to go with six receiving touchdowns.

Ball clutched the football tightly in his right arm while getting pats on the helmet from teammates after the touchdown run gave the Badgers a 14-7 lead at 6:27 of the first quarter.

Penn State emerged with a 24-21 win in overtime. Ball finished with 111 yards and the one touchdown on 27 carries.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...uchdown-record
Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,481 Times in 8,546 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
not me, I think Dwyer, Redman and Rainey are all average/mediocre RBs. I would prefer a stud RB, like Montee Ball from Wisconsin in Round 2:

Montee Ball sets NCAA TD record

Updated: November 24, 2012
ESPN.com news services

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Wisconsin star running back Montee Ball set an NCAA record after scoring his 79th career touchdown on a 17-yard run in the first quarter of Saturday's loss against Penn State.

The score broke a tie in the record book with Travis Prentice of Miami (Ohio), who previously set the major college mark in 1999.

This wasn't the way the NCAA's new career touchdown leader wanted to roll into next week's Big Ten title game.

"It's not the way you want it to happen," Ball said.

"I guess, for your own personal goals, I look on the bright side. I'm glad I have them. I'm blessed," Ball added. "It could obviously be a lot better."

Entering Saturday's game, Ball had 72 career-rushing scores -- including 17 this season -- to go with six receiving touchdowns.

Ball clutched the football tightly in his right arm while getting pats on the helmet from teammates after the touchdown run gave the Badgers a 14-7 lead at 6:27 of the first quarter.

Penn State emerged with a 24-21 win in overtime. Ball finished with 111 yards and the one touchdown on 27 carries.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...uchdown-record
I was excited about Marcus Lattimore... and then... Blamo!!!

Every other RB is a step down from him... (although, I like Ball & Knile Davis, if the Steelers were to go RB in R2 or R3).

Regardless, considering all of the needs at other positions, I "eliminated" RB from my thoughts (& focused on NT, LB, & S).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #14
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic

People forget that Sean Spence was looking like a beast in Preseason. I don't think ILB is a top draft concern. We need some depth, so we take a late round project player and keep Foote around for depth.
Hampton is probably done after this year. MClendon shows flashes when he is allowed on the field, Heyward is a beast and Hood is average. I think the D-line is pretty well set for the future or at least not an immediate draft concern. (Especially if Heyward and Mclendon play like we think they can and Ta'amu steps up)
The OLB position needs some help, Worilds is very lack luster and extremely injury prone, that goes for Sylvester too. Harrison will be around next year, he was hurt and is still not 100%, after he gets the off season to rehab I think he has a few good years left. The problem is Woodley is not a major impact player, and is often hurt. We need to look towards the future at this position and spend a low draft pick.
We all know our safety issues, this is a top concern.
At CB we are pretty well set, possibly use a mid round pick because Ike isn't getting younger and Cortez may not be able to step into the number 2 CB position. The current rules are geared toward a pass happy league, so another good CB cannot hurt.

Obviously we need a running back, we can find an extremely good one in the middle rounds..

So as I see it we need:
OLB
Safety
RB
QB backup/project
depth ILB
CB
JVip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Quote:
I was excited about Marcus Lattimore... and then... Blamo!!!

Every other RB is a step down from him... (although, I like Ball & Knile Davis, if the Steelers were to go RB in R2 or R3).

Regardless, considering all of the needs at other positions, I "eliminated" RB from my thoughts (& focused on NT, LB, & S).
and we may need a CB and WR also if Keenan Lewis and/or Mike Wallace don't re-sign with us.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
and we may need a CB and WR also if Keenan Lewis and/or Mike Wallace don't re-sign with us.
WR
I'd love Tavon Austin... but, there are far too many other areas of need.

I still see Wallace being here... but, if Wallace leaves, I think that they go with AB & Sanders as their starters, with Cotchery as the third WR, and Gilreath & some rookie free agent fighting it out for the fourth spot.

CB
I truly think that Lewis will be their top priority in free agency ($8 million per year).

Ike, Lewis, Allen... and Curtis Brown versus Leon McFadden (R6, SDSU) for the fourth spot.

If Lewis leaves, the an earlier pick will be a necessity, but again, I see Lewis as their top priority.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Quote:
WR
I'd love Tavon Austin... but, there are far too many other areas of need.

I still see Wallace being here... but, if Wallace leaves, I think that they go with AB & Sanders as their starters, with Cotchery as the third WR, and Gilreath & some rookie free agent fighting it out for the fourth spot.

CB
I truly think that Lewis will be their top priority in free agency ($8 million per year).

Ike, Lewis, Allen... and Curtis Brown versus Leon McFadden (R6, SDSU) for the fourth spot.

If Lewis leaves, the an earlier pick will be a necessity, but again, I see Lewis as their top priority.
I agree...
Old 11-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I agree...
I'll email Colbert, to let him know what we decided.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #19
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Quote:
I'll email Colbert, to let him know what we decided.
I'll follow up with a call to his cell...
Old 11-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Grumpy

So 4th round is as high as the Steelers should use on a QB? In that case lets just keep Batch.
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote