Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #51
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Go Baltimore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
The OP and anyone with a brain realize that rooting for the Ravens today IS rooting for the steelers.

What would you rather have?

Steelers lose 2 games to the Ravens but win the Super Bowl

Or the Steelers go 2-14 but those two wins are against the Ravens?

(I can't believe just how many idiots are on this board)
hardly idiotic to want the Ravens to lose and Steelers to win division instead of wild card. Ravens win raps up division for all intensive purposes. Had the Chargers won and Steelers beat them next week it wouldn't have been out of question for Steelers to win division. Ravens have a tough schedule left.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #52
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
hardly idiotic to want the Ravens to lose and Steelers to win division instead of wild card. Ravens win raps up division for all intensive purposes. Had the Chargers won and Steelers beat them next week it wouldn't have been out of question for Steelers to win division. Ravens have a tough schedule left.
Dude,

do the math ... look at the injuries

Did you know that the Ravens can wrap up the division with a win next week and a Bengals loss ... with 4 weeks still left to play. They have a big lead.

I would agree with you if we had a healthy Ben but we don't. The only things that matters when it comes with the Ravens is to beat them in the playoffs if we meet them.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #53
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Dude,

do the math ... look at the injuries

Did you know that the Ravens can wrap up the division with a win next week and a Bengals loss ... with 4 weeks still left to play. They have a big lead.

I would agree with you if we had a healthy Ben but we don't. The only things that matters when it comes with the Ravens is to beat them in the playoffs if we meet them.
sure your likely correct. But rooting for a Ravens loss and of course a Steelers win would have put us 1 back with 4 weeks to go. Tiebreakers would get messy if the Bengals beat the Ravens. Kind of mute point now with the Ravens win, but why root for them to beat the Chargers. We play the Chargers in 2 weeks anyway. If we win that game they'd be done anyway with their 7th loss and a tiebreaker head to head loss. If we lose to the Chargers, we're likely done anyway.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #54
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Ravens are being gifted another win. Down 10, Chargers gave up a 4th and 29, when Ray Rice picked up 28 1/2 and the refs gave him 30. They then reviewed, and then move it back a half yard and still give it to him when he was clearly short.

Watch the replay. Rice is maybe 5'7. His knee is down before the 35 yard line. His thigh is perpendicular to the ground and he has the ball tucked by his chest. Knee was down before any extension. They spotted the ball at the 33 1/2 yard line. A full 5 feet from where his knee was down. Unless Rice has the longest torso in the history of mankind, they spotted the ball a full yard ahead of where it should have been and he makes the first down by a foot.
Honestly, Rice made the first down, and it was a great play.

We're all upset with the Steeler's performance today, but come on, that was a great play. Don't let emotion interfere to the point where it distorts your reality! It's just a game ...
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #55
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,515 Times in 4,053 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Honestly, Rice made the first down, and it was a great play.

We're all upset with the Steeler's performance today, but come on, that was a great play. Don't let emotion interfere to the point where it distorts your reality! It's just a game ...
a great effort and an absolutely fabulous play by Ray Rice, I so wish we had taken him instead of Mendenhall in the 2008 draft.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #56
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,016 Times in 7,607 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
a great effort and an absolutely fabulous play by Ray Rice, I so wish we had taken him instead of Mendenhall in the 2008 draft.
R1 - Droppy Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #57
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curtain's Crusader View Post
Can the moron be banned yet? Anyone who posts on a rival's site the moment his team wins (not even against us), is obviously a tool.

Why ban him? Just let him keep talking all the way until their inevitable collapse.

Who cares? At the end of the day his team wins a championship once every 50 years or so. Let him gloat about how great it is to win the AFC North. We know that's all they are doing, may as well let the kid feel good for awhile.

Besides, realistically that win helped us.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #58
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
R1 - Droppy Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks
Oh God, the truth hurts so much when you see it written out like this ...
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #59
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,016 Times in 7,607 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Oh God, the truth hurts so much when you see it written out like this ...
Hindsight is 20/20.

But, it still hurts.

[No joke: I wanted Rice & Wheeler, in rounds 1 & 2... and, I got neither. That said, I cannot say that I was disappointed (at the time) with Sweed & Davis; I thought that they would pan out, and was fine with not getting Wheeler. Alas, Rice is the only one that still "bugs" me, because I really wanted him.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #60
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

I really don't understand this. Division is still within reach, the Rats are about to run into a brick wall. Even if they get past us this week, they have to play the red-hot Giants and Broncos, and the Redskins aren't too shabby either right now (I think we matched up better against them than Baltimore does). Could easily lose next 4 games in a row (not that I think they will but at some point their luck will run out).

I'm not worried about losing a grasp on the WC. We still play Cincy once more and they're the only real team that scares me. San Diego is 4-7 and doesn't really strike me as a team about to rally back and claim a spot, and we play them in two weeks too. And does anybody REALLY think the Dolphins or Titans are about to sneak up behind us?

Obviously if Ben doesn't come back, or comes back ineffective, or re-injures himself, this is a moot point. But everything looks positive as far as his injury goes and I think he'll be back this week.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
teegre (11-25-2012)