Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #21
Raw Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 15349
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Charlie Batch is an old standard for the Steelers

From a pure football standpoint, Charlie Batch cannot throw a tight spiral. That's how weak his arm is. And you can't play in speedy NFL with that issue. Too late to do anything about it now. Colbert and Tomlin screwed up. Big Ben will have to win four games for Steelers to make playoffs. Of course, he has to play to do that. I would sit him next week and get him healthy for the final four.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #22
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,071 Times in 3,742 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Naa, He still wasn't as bad as ALL of our receivers, and RB's. - They were the real culprits for the loss of this game.
i've got to agree. I think Batch's job was to not lose the game. The talent around him on offense really failed him.

I don't think Batch has much left at the position, but honestly he should be able to count on the players to make plays for him.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #23
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
indeed...he really put those lefty fanboys in there place today ....
yes, the "lefty" <- (aka Glass Teddy Bear) fanboys.
Ha ha ha.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
indeed...he really put those lefty fanboys in there place today ....

Yeah, not sure what was worse....

-not being able to throw it to Wallace when he got behind the Safety.
-not being able to throw a 10 yard out to the flat. or
-lobbing that wobbly clay pigeon into double coverage that Hayden came down with.

Sadly, of the 3 QB's on the field today(Weeden, McCoy and Batch), Charlie was the worst.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

We can't blame this loss totally on Charlie Batch; the offense looked completely disinterested and lost. Its like these guys continue to play accordingly to the record of their opponent. Yes, I know the Steelers has some key injuries, but C'mon Man! That was a horrible performance for a Steelers Team.

It's time for Mike Tomlin to pass the torch as a Players Coach, he needs to start putting his foot upside some of those guys @$$holes. That was pathetic! And by the way, can we please get some youth at the QB Position for depth? I'm sorry, Byron Leftwitch should have retired three years ago; this guy fell in the endzone last Sunday Night, nobody even touches him, and he's hurt? You gotta be kidding me! Get rid of him already.

I don't know, maybe it's just fate; maybe its time for a losing season, get some high draft picks on defense, help turn this this thing around.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,198 Times in 1,083 Posts

Seriously?? All Batch had to do was make some throws that are not at the receivers feet or over heath Millers head. That and not float the football in the air against a suspect secondary.

All those that think Byron Leftwich, Dennis Dixon or Jerrod Johnson could not have eeked out 7 more points against the Browns, even with all the fumbles and injuries, is dillusional.

There are at least 50 kids in NCAA that can make the throws which Batch no longer can.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #27
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,054 Times in 4,685 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Batch takes the blame

By Mike Prisuta

CLEVELAND – Coach Mike Tomlin assessed a turnover-plagued, 20-14 loss to the Browns as representative of what the Steelers were capable of on Sunday afternoon at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

“We own it,” Tomlin acknowledged.

Quarterback Charlie Batch thought what transpired belonged mostly to him.

“I put it on my shoulders,” Batch said. “Offensively, we didn’t get it done, and that’s really on my shoulders.”

Batch wound up completing 20-of-34 for 199 yards, with no touchdowns, three interceptions and a passer rating of 38.7 in replacing Byron Leftwich, who the previous week had replaced Ben Roethlisberger.

Batch, in particular, lamented all three of his interceptions – the Steelers also fumbled eight times and lost five of those – and a potential long touchdown pass to wide receiver Mike Wallace that wound up instead bouncing incomplete.

The first interception occurred on third-and-6 from the Steelers’ 19-yard line with 7:10 remaining in the third quarter and the Steelers ahead, 14-13.

“(Cornerback) Sheldon Brown did a good job of under-cutting the pass on the sideline,” Batch said of what was supposed to be an out-route to wide receiver Plaxico Burress.

Interception No. 2 resulted when Batch tried to hit Wallace on a slant on second-and-12 from the Cleveland 30-yard line with 12:06 left in the fourth quarter and the Browns up, 20-14.

“It was a little behind him,” Batch said of a ball that Wallace deflected before it was eventually collected by defensive tackle Billy Winn.

Batch was intercepted for the third time when he tried to find Wallace deep on first-and-10 from the Steelers’ 42-yard line with 3:09 remaining.

“Man-to-man coverage,” Batch explained. “(Cornerback Joe) Hayden did a good job there and then the safety flew over the top. The pass was underthrown; Mike didn’t even have a chance to come back for it. I just can’t leave it short like that.”’

Batch’s day also included an under-throw to Wallace, who had gotten behind safety T.J. Ward, on second-and-6 from the Pittsburgh 19-yard line with 7:18 left in the third quarter.

“I had him deep over the middle,” Batch said. “The back-side safety, he wasn’t even looking at the pass. I think it hit the back of his helmet.

“If I put just a little bit more on it, 3 yards, then that could possibly be a touchdown as opposed to the deflection.”

The challenge now is for Batch and the Steelers to bounce back in advance of this coming Sunday’s visit to Baltimore.

“It’s a long season,” Batch said. “No matter what, you have to keep fighting. Nobody out there right now is going to sit back and look at it to the point of being behind us. We have to make sure we stick together, which we will. We gotta get it together and get it together quickly.

“We still had a chance to win (in Cleveland), that’s the crazy part. With about nine minutes left and with about five minutes left we still had a chance to win the football game.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...3-9b41dec7630f
Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #28
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Yes, it's clear that Charlie's best days are behind him, and it's surely time for the Steelers to move on to a younger pair of backup QBs.

However, having said that: Even with Ben down and the season unraveling, I still look forward to another chance to root for Charlie next week vs. the Ravens. He's a great guy who has earned our support over many years.

Go get em Charlie!
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 AM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,272 Times in 3,517 Posts

charlie looked worse than an injured byron leftwich, and thats very difficult thing for any healthy professional qb (not named tim tebow) to do.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #30
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Now, isn't evryone happy "OLD" Charlie was at the helm today ?
If Glasswich would have taken some of those hits that (tough)Charlie took, then he'd be in a coma right now.

"... Sorry Charlie..." -is definitely the right thing to admit now.

Haha haha
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote