Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #41
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
Default Re: Tomlin is trade bait ,

What is it, in the history of the Steelers, that makes anyone think that Tomlin is going anywhere? If there's a byword for coaching stability and patience, it's the Steelers. They appoint for the long term, and they have a front office that doesn't freak-out.
AndyWitmyer (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #42
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
What is it, in the history of the Steelers, that makes anyone think that Tomlin is going anywhere? If there's a byword for coaching stability and patience, it's the Steelers. They appoint for the long term, and they have a front office that doesn't freak-out.

Congratulations on your 1000th post!

Can we stop the hate on Tomlin? He just got a contract extension; not going anywhere. Too many bandwagon/fair-weather fans here. He makes mistakes, but he makes the calls by going with instinct and momentum. I like that he isn't afraid to take some chances and also takes the blame when he blunders.
BritishSteel (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #43
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

We have a legit HOF Caliber Franchise Qb and are blowing our window to get Lombrdi's

To me there doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency in the face of that fact. Does Tomlin and the rest of the coaching staff think they can just go pluck another BB out of the draft.when Ben is gone????

Its going to be brutal when that happens......I think people have forgotten what it was like to not have a Franchise QB.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan

Last edited by Steel_Bus_24; 11-26-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #44
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
We have a legit HOF Caliber Franchise Qb and are blowing our window to get Lombrdi's

To me there doesn't seem to be no sense of urgency in the face of that fact. Does Tomlin and the rest of the coaching staff think they can just go pluck another BB out of the draft.when Ben is gone????

Its going to be brutal when that happens......I think people have forgotten what it was like to not have a Franchise QB.
I don't know how you can say this. Once The Steelers knew what Ben was all about, they surrounded him with great receivers and with great (hopefully) linemen. They just signed Plax from free agency. The organization is making a run for the Super Bowl again in spite of the setbacks. You better believe that.

No one has forgotten Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Mike Tomczak, and (UGH) Kent Graham. Everyone knows how incredible Ben is. Why do you think they hired a new OC?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #45
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
I don't know how you can say this. Once The Steelers knew what Ben was all about, they surrounded him with great receivers and with great (hopefully) linemen. They just signed Plax from free agency. The organization is making a run for the Super Bowl again in spite of the setbacks. You better believe that.

No one has forgotten Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Mike Tomczak, and (UGH) Kent Graham. Everyone knows how incredible Ben is. Why do you think they hired a new OC?
I was referring to how they let the team take the field...constantly having to sweat out games against the bottom of the barrel.Sloppy Unprofessional play, The most penalized team in the league..

I saw that sense of Fire, Discipline, Motivation and Will to Win Once all year....in the 2nd half of that Giants game

I will say, the D has shown some grit I didn't think they had earlier in the year....but now after Yesterday, I wonder if they still feel like putting out such an unbelievable effort only to have it wasted yet again

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Old 11-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #46
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

I think the defense are saying to teach other, "OK, I suppose it's all up to us to score some points. Timmons, how do you make an interception? Troy, man up and get your ass on the field!"
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #47
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
I was referring to how they let the team take the field...constantly having to sweat out games against the bottom of the barrel.Sloppy Unprofessional play, The most penalized team in the league..

I saw that sense of Fire, Discipline, Motivation and Will to Win Once all year....in the 2nd half of that Giants game

I will say, the D has shown some grit I didn't think they had earlier in the year....but now after Yesterday, I wonder if they still feel like putting out such an unbelievable effort only to have it wasted yet again
A good percentage of those penalties are head-scratchers, even for the commentators. Don't you remember any of the phantom PI calls where there was no contact whatsoever?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #48
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post

Congratulations on your 1000th post!

Can we stop the hate on Tomlin? He just got a contract extension; not going anywhere. Too many bandwagon/fair-weather fans here. He makes mistakes, but he makes the calls by going with instinct and momentum. I like that he isn't afraid to take some chances and also takes the blame when he blunders.
Cheers! I didn't realise that was 1000!

I agree. No-one is suggesting that Tomlin is perfect - I've facepalmed some of his calls this season (the fake field-goal call against Washington being the first that comes to mind) but he's still learning his trade at a team that gives coaches the time to do that. We're just not going to change a management philosophy 50 years old that's delivered the big one six times.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #49
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

This is what happens when we lose. Go find one of the many "Fire Coach" threads that already exist and spew your crap. It's easy, go back to the weeks we lose. If you're interested in Super Bowl discussion, go to the Giants gameday discussion, and lastly, if you're interested in being a dumbass, wear a helmet and refrain from licking the windows!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Closed Thread