Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #61
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,806 Times in 7,526 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Go Baltimore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I really don't understand this. Division is still within reach, the Rats are about to run into a brick wall. Even if they get past us this week, they have to play the red-hot Giants and Broncos, and the Redskins aren't too shabby either right now (I think we matched up better against them than Baltimore does). Could easily lose next 4 games in a row (not that I think they will but at some point their luck will run out).

I'm not worried about losing a grasp on the WC. We still play Cincy once more and they're the only real team that scares me. San Diego is 4-7 and doesn't really strike me as a team about to rally back and claim a spot, and we play them in two weeks too. And does anybody REALLY think the Dolphins or Titans are about to sneak up behind us?

Obviously if Ben doesn't come back, or comes back ineffective, or re-injures himself, this is a moot point. But everything looks positive as far as his injury goes and I think he'll be back this week.
Well said.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #62
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I really don't understand this. Division is still within reach, the Rats are about to run into a brick wall. Even if they get past us this week, they have to play the red-hot Giants and Broncos, and the Redskins aren't too shabby either right now (I think we matched up better against them than Baltimore does). Could easily lose next 4 games in a row (not that I think they will but at some point their luck will run out).

I'm not worried about losing a grasp on the WC. We still play Cincy once more and they're the only real team that scares me. San Diego is 4-7 and doesn't really strike me as a team about to rally back and claim a spot, and we play them in two weeks too. And does anybody REALLY think the Dolphins or Titans are about to sneak up behind us?

Obviously if Ben doesn't come back, or comes back ineffective, or re-injures himself, this is a moot point. But everything looks positive as far as his injury goes and I think he'll be back this week.
Baltimore would almost have to lose out for us to win the division. They are 4-0 in divisional play, 8-1 in conference. We lose on tie breakers.... oh, and we're 3 games back with 5 to go.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #63
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103

To the asswipe Ravens fans who have only showed up here since winning against the Steelers in like a DECADE...what the hell are you so proud about? Beating THIS Steelers team is not worth your time on this board pounding your chest like the Ravens did anything special. The BROWNS just beat the Steelers by more than the Ravens. Does that make you feel like world beaters? And ONCE AGAIN the refs help the Ravens win in one of the WORST spotted first downs in the history of the game.

Give me a break. All your "sqwaking" is for nothing. The Ravens will win the division, whoopie, but that's about it. That ain't a SB team, that ain't a great team, it's an average team catching some lucky breaks. BS on "your record is what you are". That is the worst 9-2 team I've seen and the perennial PO collapse is inevitable.

So take your cocky BS to the Ravens board and celebrate their "success" with your unfounded chest beating and arrogance since they haven't won a damn thing.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerschik For This Useful Post:
The Curtain's Crusader (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #64
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

We are tied with the fucking BENGALS and are 4 games down against Baltimore and people still think winning the division is within reach? LOL. Just LOL.

You know what Baltimore is good at that Pittsburgh is not? Closing out games. They know how to win, and they win for a reason. That's why they are 9-2.

We are currently dead last in seeding, with a few teams knocking on the door, and some more tough games coming up.

Baltimore - no explanation necessary. They are flat out a better football team, and we play them in Baltimore. Do the math.

San Diego - definitely not a gimmie. They have a ton of issues, but their record definitely doesn't indicate their ability right now. They have had some close losses to good teams.

Dallas - It's in Dallas and they have a healthy team. They are also fighting HARD for a playoff spot.

Cincinnati - they are currently laying waste to teams. This will not be an easy game. Not at all.

Cleveland - they already beat us once, and they fucking hate us. Expect a team playing their heart out. Again.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote