Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #21
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897
Default Re: Endo Troy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
I think if he is healthy, he should be immediately inserted into the defense. Although this defense is very good, it's far from great. The D is missing that one player who can create turnovers. Woodley and Harrison don't seem to be able to create fumbles and our backfield is among the worst at creating INTs. Even today's game would have been won if we could have created one more turnover (i.e. Ike dropping two I believe).
Over the last 18 games Taylor and Woodley both have as many INTs as Troy. His season changing days are over.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #22
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Will allen has been "serviceable" as a back-up to Troy. He didn't look that great today and struggled to make tackles letting guys get first downs. When Troy is healthy we need to get him back in there. No one can blow up a play and wreak havok like Troy Polamalu. I certainly don't think there is any type of "cover up". I think he is healing. Just look at my sig.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #23
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

The last time Troy was healthy and playing hard, he was Defensive Player of the Year. That was 2 years ago. And he still missed 4 games!

Troy was battling this same injury last year, and it was not rehabbed properly. We are paying for it now. I also believe Troy stated he knowingly played through concussions last year.

I don't expect him to come right in and blow up the entire team, but he will make a difference. Even if small, teams have to gameplan just for his presence.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #24
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

It's a tough question. I think the secondary has been playing more consistently without him - perhaps because they're not having to rely on a LB to cover the coverage in the secondary as they would when Troy was on patrol or involved in one of LeBeau's zone blitzes. That said, the D isn't the turnover machine it is normally with Troy in there, and we lack that unpredictability that forced a lot of teams to play conservative O against us when he's in there.

A fit, healthy Troy is an asset to any team - I do wonder if, when he does come back, LeBeau will look at the progress made in our Secondary this season and change his role somewhat.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,917 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishSteel View Post
It's a tough question. I think the secondary has been playing more consistently without him - perhaps because they're not having to rely on a LB to cover the coverage in the secondary as they would when Troy was on patrol or involved in one of LeBeau's zone blitzes. That said, the D isn't the turnover machine it is normally with Troy in there, and we lack that unpredictability that forced a lot of teams to play conservative O against us when he's in there.

A fit, healthy Troy is an asset to any team - I do wonder if, when he does come back, LeBeau will look at the progress made in our Secondary this season and change his role somewhat.
I'm wondering this as well. You can't sacrifice progress for the sake of someone's resume. The defense as a whole has had to adjust to life without him. If he is going to be on the field - his role needs to be re-evaluated. He is certainly capable of being a ball hawk like Ed Reed IMO - who has made a career out of being a cherry picker. Problem is - that has burned them a lot too. Damned if you do, like you've all been saying. This draft might be the year we need to trade up for a big time safety or CB. We need someone that can make a living out of getting INTs. I just feel desperate at this point.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote