Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: Controlling our own destiny

I take solace in the fact that even though the Steelers are probably going nowhere, I have another Raven playoff meltdown to get me through the winter.

Another lucky, gifted win for that team.

maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I apologize to everyone that I ripped into yesterday - talk about U_G_L_Y. I just can't stay optimistic with a performance like that. Yesterday's game speaks volumes about the discipline and focus of the rest of the play makers on the O. Emmanuel Sanders was the only guy that showed up. We have zero leaders on offense outside of Ben (and Brown by example). Hell, Plax contributed more to the game than Wallace has in the past two by drawing the PI. We will still need a group of backs next season - so I'm not up for getting rid of Redman - Mendy can't go away soon enough for me - he is entering Wallace territory with his ho-humness.

I don't even care about watching next week's game after yesterday - what a waste of time it will be at this rate. I will really start to second guess Tomlin and co if they force the issue with putting Ben back in there. Haven't they learned anything from last season against 49ers? I think we would have all rather taken 11-5 or 10-6 than 12-4 with a gimpy behind center come playoffs. Let Ben rest for another week - its not worth it.

My overall feeling is that the Steelers need to bring in some training and conditioning consultants - this will be two to three seasons in a row (and i think I'm being conservative in my estimate) that this team just can't keep people on the field.

Can we just start praying for 10-6 with a healthy squad entering in the playoffs now? The divisional talk needs to stop altogether, as does hoping to have Ben back next week. Why would anyone want that at this point? Also - how about a new WR from the draft? Anything is more enjoyable than going on and on about the current state.

Sanders showed up...But someone else that did was Jason Worilds. He looked fabulous. And you could make a case for Timmons as well.
Other than that? Nothing.

Also - i agree with you on the strength and conditioning. I've been saying this for awhile now. We're getting injured at a clip that is OFF THE CHARTS. I've never seen anything like this. Even other teams that have "alot" of injuries isn't even this close - one reason being its been going on for an extended period of time now that is reaching the word "years".
Something is wrong with this. I do fitness training myself - and the ease of an injury could indeed come right back to this. What are we doing? What could we do different in the training room? I almost think that staff HAS to be replaced this offseason.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TRH For This Useful Post:
Selia25 (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
steelbelieve
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
If you look at the ebbs and flows of a season, this is a good time to have a dip. Teams that have recently won Super Bowls have had season lows and highs. ( Giants and Packers)

I submit that teams such as the Falcons and Texans have peaked too early and will fold in the playoffs and not make the Super Bowl.

I would also argue that a healthy Ben is much more important than an almost win against the Ravens in Baltimore. If this upcoming game was in Pittsburgh, then I could see us go for it with injured players. Unless Ben is 100% healthy, I would sit him this week. (Also with Antonio Brown and Polamalu)
I salute your positive attitude and Steeler loyalty which are rare commodities in these forums. We have to realize that it may not be enough to make the wildcard. At least as the sixth seed. We'd face all road games, and probably have to go through "Clarkless" Denver in the process. I realize we did it in 2005, but wow, could lightning strike twice?? The point I'm getting to is that by winning out, we probably guarantee the fifth seed which would grant the potential of at least one home playoff game, and get the Raven buckaboo off our back. Truly, if we were to win this week, the confidence surge heading into the final part of the season could be eye opening.
steelbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,645 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Sanders showed up...But someone else that did was Jason Worilds. He looked fabulous. And you could make a case for Timmons as well.
Other than that? Nothing.

Also - i agree with you on the strength and conditioning. I've been saying this for awhile now. We're getting injured at a clip that is OFF THE CHARTS. I've never seen anything like this. Even other teams that have "alot" of injuries isn't even this close - one reason being its been going on for an extended period of time now that is reaching the word "years".
Something is wrong with this. I do fitness training myself - and the ease of an injury could indeed come right back to this. What are we doing? What could we do different in the training room? I almost think that staff HAS to be replaced this offseason.
That certainly wouldn't make anything worse - this element of the organization needs re-evaluated IMO. The Packers during their XLV run is the closest thing I can think of regarding number of injuries.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
I take solace in the fact that even though the Steelers are probably going nowhere, I have another Raven playoff meltdown to get me through the winter.

Love the gif. Never saw that angle on the TV broadcast, but it clearly shows he was way short. If that angle is out there, how don't the refs have it and if they did, what the hell is wrong with them.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Love the gif. Never saw that angle on the TV broadcast, but it clearly shows he was way short. If that angle is out there, how don't the refs have it and if they did, what the hell is wrong with them.
you can't go by the yellow line though - anyways, helluva an effort by Rice. I'm more pissed at the Chargers for letting check down Flacco off the hook. Everyone is covered - maybe you need to find their biggest offensive weapon, aka Ray Rice - see what he is up to? Absolutely awful focus.

Agree to disagree.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
My Mood: Devilish

Yes, we CAN win the whole enchilada with the 6th seed; IF we are healthy.

Steelers, Heat, Caps, Nats, Kevin Harvick #4
The_Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Yes, we CAN win the whole enchilada with the 6th seed; IF we are healthy.
mmm enchiladas

Agree to disagree.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post

Love the GIF too. I knew he was short the second I saw it live on TV. But as I see it, this was a GIFt for the Steelers as it virtually eliminates the Chargers from the playoffs.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

NFL seasons are all about what you did last Sunday. Consider the Giants, media darlings... they have sucked the past few weeks but beat up on the Packers and will now be contenders again. All it will take is beating the Ratbirds next week (please return Ben!!!) and we can mount a hot streak and finish 10-6, earn a WC and make a run. If Ben misses two more games, we are TOAST. This is a QB league. Beyond Ben, our injuries are no worse than half a dozen other teams.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote