Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #921
Penn
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19535
Default Re: 4th quarter Richardson fumble

we had no timeouts, tomlin burned them all before the 2 minute warning. After last week i thought he would have learned to keep one in the back pocket. Remember when we jumped offsides and it cost us 45 seconds?

You need a timeout in order to challenge
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Penn For This Useful Post:
pepmintp (11-26-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #922
SteelWarrior69
Water Boy

Member Number: 20531

Ok thx, but still i thought all turnovers and scores were automatically reviewed and it was just prior to the 2 min warning. Even with no TO's they still should have reviewed it unless the ref blew the whistle and called his forward progress was stopped which i didnt get to see on NFLRZ /sigh
SteelWarrior69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #923
Penn
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19535

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWarrior69 View Post
Ok thx, but still i thought all turnovers and scores were automatically reviewed and it was just prior to the 2 min warning. Even with no TO's they still should have reviewed it unless the ref blew the whistle and called his forward progress was stopped which i didnt get tot see on NFLRZ /sigh
its only reviewed if it is ruled a turnover on the field. Just like touchdowns
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #924
SteelWarrior69
Water Boy

Member Number: 20531
Default Re: Week 12 Gameday Thread: Steelers @ Browns - 11/25/2012

Wish the dam game was on thx bud
SteelWarrior69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #925
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

And the Ravens are losing at the half ... If Ben ... ah F it.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #926
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelWarrior69 View Post
Since the game wasnt on in my area, seems Richardson got stripped by Larry Foote. Did they call his forward progress stop hence them not reviewing it? Seemed to me the 1 replay i saw on NFLRZ he clearly lost it?????
they didn't justify it at all. They just spotted the ball, and let cleveland continue as if it never happened, and yes it was unmistakably a fumble.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminpa For This Useful Post:
SteelWarrior69 (11-25-2012)
Old 11-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #927
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,709 Times in 800 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

This was the most disgusting combination of poor coaching and poor on the field focus from the offense that I think I might have ever seen. Outside of one drive where Rainey was able to bounce for a touchdown they did nothing but fail, and fail miserably. The coaching staff fails to motivate these guys when mistakes are made and that showed with the 8 times that we gave the ball right back to the Browns.

We should've won this game and quite handily. Our defense for the most part was on the field for the majority of the game and still kept it close enough despite 8 turnovers, and gave us a chance to win the game in the end. I've always been a big supporter of Charlie Batch but his arm just isn't there anymore. Sailing passes past wide open receivers, under throwing passes to receivers deep down the field, throwing passes too low to the ground on screens. This was not the Charlie Batch I remember and his years have caught up with him.

Mike Wallace again looked like he was giving not even an ounce of effort on the field. #1 type receivers step up and make big plays when they count. That's what gives them the moniker of "playmaker" in the first place. Mike Wallace is not a playmaker at all. He's our version of Darrius Heyward-Bey. He's got plenty of speed, but he lacks focus, and the talent to make big plays with consistency. It doesn't matter if Ben, Charlie, or Byron are throwing the ball to him. He still manages to drop the ball in key situations and even when the ball is put perfectly right onto his hands. This was evidenced today when Batch hit him over the middle on a short route, right on the mitts and he tipped it right up to a defender. He disappears in games against elite opponents, and in division rivalry games. I've personally had enough of his lackluster effort, questionable work ethic, entitlement, and failure to focus in games. He was a no show when we needed him most last season and he's just the same this year. Trade his ass off for a late round pick, he's garbage.

As for the running backs, I've never seen such a poor showing from our RBs in... I can't even remember. I was so infuriated by the fumbling that I thought I was going to pop a blood vessel in my head. Absolute garbage play from all of them outside of Rainey who I thought was actually giving us some semblance of a running game.

Todd Haley... ohhhh Todd Haley. WTF is with all of the first down running plays?! Could you possibly be more predictable? It was so obvious what the plays were on offense that I could sit here and call it in my living room. If I know what you're going to do then another professional football club can't be too far behind trying to figure you out. There's no excuse for the piss poor play calling, no excuses. Why they keep trying to use big between the tackles running backs like Dwyer and Redman on screens, and stretch running plays is absolutely mind boggling. They aren't built for that. Even then on the between the tackles running plays they were getting bottled up. The passing game needed to be utilized to make the Browns defense get out of the box. Haley couldn't get that done. Given Batch didn't do much to inspire confidence but it was our best chance because the running game was abysmal to say the very least.

I haven't been this disappointed since we lost to Green Bay in the Super Bowl. This was just that painful to watch.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #928
rcoplien
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17275

I totally agree 100%
rcoplien is offline   Reply With Quote