Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #41
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 1,897 Times in 719 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Roethlisberger Playing Against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
he needs to stay on the sideline, not rushing back for the hardest game of the season
As much as I'd love to have him out there for the Ravens game, I agree with you. I'd rather get him back at 100% health, instead of going in at 90% health and risk injuring it further or having a set back in the healing.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #42
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

It took me a little over a month to heal from a bruised ribs, he's ready to go with a cracked rib close to puncturing his heart? This sounds like stupidity or wishful thinking
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #43
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

No need to rush Ben back now. If he isn't 100% there is no point. The division is out of reach and the Steelers lost 2 lineman again yesterday so putting Ben back out there, he's going to take his licks.

I say fuck the division, rest Ben, Brown & Troy for another week and start our run towards health and a WC spot against San Diego. I'd rather have Ben back healthy for the playoffs as a 6th seed rather than him limping into them. We go as far as Ben, period.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #44
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,803 Times in 1,825 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
No need to rush Ben back now. If he isn't 100% there is no point. The division is out of reach and the Steelers lost 2 lineman again yesterday so putting Ben back out there, he's going to take his licks.

I say fuck the division, rest Ben, Brown & Troy for another week and start our run towards health and a WC spot against San Diego. I'd rather have Ben back healthy for the playoffs as a 6th seed rather than him limping into them. We go as far as Ben, period.
this. Plus - even though he won't be back next week, word is they just found out Ray Lewis will be back at very end of season, or right when playoffs start. As if they needed any more momentum and charge. I wouldn't put Ben out there. When you are starting to feel better, that is the exact time to STICK with what is making you feel better - not abandon it, especially for one game when division is all but theirs.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #45
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Not sure if anyone saw the ESPN article, but Ben's injury is healed. His doctor said there is now no unnecessary risk at this point. It's just a question of pain tolerance and if Ben can complete his full range of motion.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #46
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,526 Times in 4,075 Posts

No one is proposing that Ben play if there's a risk of reinjury - I'm not sure why we keep talking about it like "well, he could die!" when Tomlin would obviously sit him down if there was any chance of that. Recent reports have his injury healed and it's a matter of whether or not Ben can throw properly at this point. My bet is, he can and he'll play.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote