Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
The_Joker
Team Owner

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,267 Times in 672 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: Are you ****ing kidding me?

Who're some big money RB's going in FA? I'd like Alfred Morris, but the Skins have him for atleast 3 more years.

Also, why count out Troy yet? He gets healthy and he's got a few more years left.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #12
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

I am actually more worried about the RB situation rather than the QB's. if we had a strong run game, we could go a couple games without Ben.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #13
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 2,281 Times in 836 Posts
My Mood: Twisted

Did he step on his own foot? Herp Derp
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

I think people are jumping on Tomlin because there's no other scapegoat. Arians is gone and before Ben's injury our offense is fine so you can't really put blame on Haley. The defense is #1 and playing out of their minds even without Troy so no blame there. The offense right now is pretty much the source of our problems but we're missing both starting guards, a starting tackle, starting wide receiver, and of course our starting at backup QBs, so it's pretty much the unit you'd see in the third quarter of preseason week 2 and shouldn't be expected to do anything anyway.

Tomlin makes some questionable in-game decisions but he's still a top 5 coach and it's not even close. His personality and attitude might be more important to this team, especially right now, than his coaching decisions anyway.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
AgentGold007
Banned

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool

Tomlin wasn't out there fumbling the football and throwing interceptions.
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AgentGold007 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #16
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
too many injuries and no big ben, tbh the cleveland game wasn't much of a surprise to me.

after this game though, it makes me wonder if we need a RB more than anything else to be addressed in the draft. dwyer / redman are average at best, rainey is too small to take more than 5 carries in a game, and mendenhall hasn't panned out like we all hoped. could you imagine how scary of a offense we'd have if we had someone like ray rice or marshawn lynch behind ben? oh man
Who are the stud RBs in college football this year?

Ones that will be available with the 32nd pick?
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #17
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,111 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsteel View Post
Who are the stud RBs in college football this year?

Ones that will be available with the 32nd pick?
Its a deep class for RBs this year, so maybe we dont have to waste a 1st round pick on a RB
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

I really think we win in spite of Tomlin.

There's a lot to coaching. It's not just what you see on gameday. Maybe he's a good coach in the areas that I can't see, but what I see on gameday leaves a lot to be desired
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #19
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I think people are jumping on Tomlin because there's no other scapegoat. Arians is gone and before Ben's injury our offense is fine so you can't really put blame on Haley. The defense is #1 and playing out of their minds even without Troy so no blame there. The offense right now is pretty much the source of our problems but we're missing both starting guards, a starting tackle, starting wide receiver, and of course our starting at backup QBs, so it's pretty much the unit you'd see in the third quarter of preseason week 2 and shouldn't be expected to do anything anyway.

Tomlin makes some questionable in-game decisions but he's still a top 5 coach and it's not even close. His personality and attitude might be more important to this team, especially right now, than his coaching decisions anyway.
Its the same issue that has been plaguing them for 5 years. O line is getting dominated, games won or lost in the trenches. Before I even say this, I would take Haley over BA. But he has the same issues BA had. No O line. Couldn't run and Ben would get clobbered. Now I will be the first to admit Haley's offense was better suited to save the QB. He made adjustments before season started. Running game is still inconsistent. You are correct IMO, BA not here so now Tomlin getting the brunt. I will blame the front office for not being pro active enough as far as drafting or signing offensive lineman. They were very reactive, Pouncey, DD, and Adams is a huge step in right direction. Unfortunately they were a little late to the dance.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #20
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,971 Times in 1,922 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
Its the same issue that has been plaguing them for 5 years. O line is getting dominated, games won or lost in the trenches. Before I even say this, I would take Haley over BA. But he has the same issues BA had. No O line. Couldn't run and Ben would get clobbered. Now I will be the first to admit Haley's offense was better suited to save the QB. He made adjustments before season started. Running game is still inconsistent. You are correct IMO, BA not here so now Tomlin getting the brunt. I will blame the front office for not being pro active enough as far as drafting or signing offensive lineman. They were very reactive, Pouncey, DD, and Adams is a huge step in right direction. Unfortunately they were a little late to the dance.
the real question is - what can the Steelers do to maximize their time with Ben at the helm?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote