Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Need help. Questions about Chargers/Steelers game on Dec 9..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
That's what I assumed as well. 123 is close action in your face (if you're lucky to even witness TDs in your zone), 500s more overall action as you get to see the game from side to side. What a tough decision for a first timer.

Staying Fri night and Sat night, checking out on Sunday morning. Stay in Greentree Fri night and then downtown Sat night I suppose is the best option? But if I check out Sunday morning, I have no choice but to drive to the game anyways unless I can leave the car parked somewhere. Traffic is going to be BAD on Sunday afternoon eh? We plan on having a nice dinner and then driving back around 8PM.
Here's what you do.
If not tailgating and you're staying downtown no need to drive to the stadium. Stadium parking passes range from $40 for Blue to over $100 for Gold. Plus you'll be right in all the traffic after the game.

If you're staying downtown. Ask the hotel if you can leave your car parked until after the game, even if you have to pay a little extra and walk or take the subway to the northshore. Probably steel plaza T line subway stop. Take it to PNC or Heinz Field stop. PNC is closer to the bars and it lets you off between the 2 stadiums.

If you can't leave your car. Then take it over to 6th st garage at the corner of 6th St. at the Clemente Bridge. Park your car there for $5 during the game. Walk over the bridge and you're at PNC. Bout a 15 minute walk. 1/2 mile.

If you go to the strip, go early have breakfast and then head over and park by 11 or so. You do not want to be waiting until 12:30 or you will be in for traffic and it will take you forever to get in.
NFL searches everyone entering now. I'd head in at 12. Check out the great hall and trophies. There is a band playing in stadium in that area. It's relatively warm on the concourse. Go to your seats 10 minutes before kickoff. Stay warm.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
lektrix (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
lektrix
Water Boy

Member Number: 24561

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Here's what you do.
If not tailgating and you're staying downtown no need to drive to the stadium. Stadium parking passes range from $40 for Blue to over $100 for Gold. Plus you'll be right in all the traffic after the game.

If you're staying downtown. Ask the hotel if you can leave your car parked until after the game, even if you have to pay a little extra and walk or take the subway to the northshore. Probably steel plaza T line subway stop. Take it to PNC or Heinz Field stop. PNC is closer to the bars and it lets you off between the 2 stadiums.

If you can't leave your car. Then take it over to 6th st garage at the corner of 6th St. at the Clemente Bridge. Park your car there for $5 during the game. Walk over the bridge and you're at PNC. Bout a 15 minute walk. 1/2 mile.

If you go to the strip, go early have breakfast and then head over and park by 11 or so. You do not want to be waiting until 12:30 or you will be in for traffic and it will take you forever to get in.
NFL searches everyone entering now. I'd head in at 12. Check out the great hall and trophies. There is a band playing in stadium in that area. It's relatively warm on the concourse. Go to your seats 10 minutes before kickoff. Stay warm.
Thanks for the suggestion,. If we get ready and check out at 9AM on Sunday, do you think we have time to hit the Strip for ~2 hours for brunch before heading over to the stadium around 11:30-12? I'm hoping we can find parking somewhere close by for cheap by 11:30-11:45 and walk to the stadium by 12.
lektrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,524 Times in 3,138 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
if you like craft beers, and love belgian/euro beers - i suggest a trip to the Sharp Edge - excellent time
ima have to try those when i visit pittsburgh one day. I live for craft brew
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,729 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
1. From my research, the Chargers are an exciting team yes? Big Ben should be back in 2 weeks right? That means the game should be worth going to right?
First off, welcome! Second off, no, the Chargers are NOT an exciting team but the storyline for that game is big! Not only is it a big game for the Steelers playoff hopes (pretty HUGE) but the QB of the Chargers, Phillip Rivers, was drafted AHEAD of Roethlisberger in the 2004 NFL Draft so that's juicy as well. Third off, you picked the right city to enjoy a football game! Like I said, big game so Heinz Field's atmosphere should be ROCKIN!

Quote:
2. What is the best place to buy tickets online?? I heard of stubhub.com but have no idea how legit it is. Also I see ticketmaster and ebay but all of them seem expensive.
I wouldn't put my trust into ebay AT ALL. Although stubhub AND ticketmaster are great solutions. I use this site HERE: http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...elers-tickets/ for my tickets, reasonable price's but expect to pay a good price for the Steelers!

Quote:
3. Secondly, what prices should I be looking for? Is $100 for Level 500 seats good or bad?
I'd pay around $150 for 500 sections and $100 for those seats are an AWESOME price! I've sat EVERYWHERE in Heinz Field and prefer the 500 sections because the best fans are up there AND you see a perfect view of the field and the city landscape.

Quote:
4. Alternatively, should I go 1 hour early and buy off scalpers instead???
NO.

Quote:
5. Is it recommended to drive there or should I take public transportation???
If you aren't familiar with the area, it would be tough to describe transportation in Pittsburgh. Downtown is terrible since it's a "ONE WAY STREET" city so if I were you, I'd look into public transportation, they'd get you there in no-time & I'm sure residents that reside there would be willing to help out!
lektrix (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I'm hoping we can find parking somewhere close by for cheap by 11:30-11:45 and walk to the stadium by 12
If you can get your hands onto a parking pass (which usually go for $50 but WELL worth it) then I say do it. If you plan on finding a parking spot that late then it simply won't happen. If you leave that late without a parking pass, the traffic will be absurd and you'll be lucky to find a parking-lot that is not pre-sold willing to cramp in some extra vehicles. Your best bet at that point would either be a parking garage or simply leave hours before the game to get a parking spot.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
lektrix
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
First off, welcome! Second off, no, the Chargers are NOT an exciting team but the storyline for that game is big! Not only is it a big game for the Steelers playoff hopes (pretty HUGE) but the QB of the Chargers, Phillip Rivers, was drafted AHEAD of Roethlisberger in the 2004 NFL Draft so that's juicy as well. Third off, you picked the right city to enjoy a football game! Like I said, big game so Heinz Field's atmosphere should be ROCKIN!

I wouldn't put my trust into ebay AT ALL. Although stubhub AND ticketmaster are great solutions. I use this site HERE: http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...elers-tickets/ for my tickets, reasonable price's but expect to pay a good price for the Steelers!

I'd pay around $150 for 500 sections and $100 for those seats are an AWESOME price! I've sat EVERYWHERE in Heinz Field and prefer the 500 sections because the best fans are up there AND you see a perfect view of the field and the city landscape.

NO.

If you aren't familiar with the area, it would be tough to describe transportation in Pittsburgh. Downtown is terrible since it's a "ONE WAY STREET" city so if I were you, I'd look into public transportation, they'd get you there in no-time & I'm sure residents that reside there would be willing to help out!
Yes the TicketExchange website is by far the best one I've seen in terms of pricing.

So I've narrowed my seating choices down to these 3:

Section 123 Row AA - Mid row, mid column, right behind the endzone...great endzone view
Section 118 Row G - Low-mid row, in the corner...angled view
Section 537 Row J - Mid row, Mid column, highest zone...great panoramic view

Prices are all similar. Seems consensus is 500s so I'll probably go and buy those tickets tonight. Row J is presumably good considering how high the 500s are.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Right now, the tickets in the 500 sections with the site I just linked you are going for 70-75$ a piece! Jump on it while you can....
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #18
lektrix
Water Boy

Quote:
If you can get your hands onto a parking pass (which usually go for $50 but WELL worth it) then I say do it. If you plan on finding a parking spot that late then it simply won't happen. If you leave that late without a parking pass, the traffic will be absurd and you'll be lucky to find a parking-lot that is not pre-sold willing to cramp in some extra vehicles. Your best bet at that point would either be a parking garage or simply leave hours before the game to get a parking spot.
That actually sounds quite scary. I don't even bother driving downtown in my own city for the exact same reasons so I'm looking to avoid it altogether. If I can, I'll park far away and just take public transportation. Preferably somewhere close to the highway exit cause I plan to drive back to Toronto around 8-9PM or so. Any other suggestions besides the "6th garage" posted above?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
lektrix
Water Boy

Quote:
Right now, the tickets in the 500 sections with the site I just linked you are going for 70-75$ a piece! Jump on it while you can....
Section 537 Row J for $90. Dead smack in the middle and the row isn't too high. Pull the trigger now???
Old 11-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
lektrix
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
Section 537 Row J for $90. Dead smack in the middle and the row isn't too high. Pull the trigger now???
Couldn't wait, had to pull the trigger. 123s just got sold while I was typing here. I pulled the trigger on the last 534s.

San Diego Chargers at Pittsburgh Steelers
Sun Dec 9, 2012 1:00 PM
Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA
Section: 534
Row: J

2 $90.00 $180.00

Details:
Available - emailed within minutes
Service Charge 2 $13.50 $27.00

Tickets purchased will be seated together unless otherwise noted.
All charges listed are in U.S. Dollars (USD).

Subtotal:
Delivery & Handling:
Total Charges:

$207.00
$4.95
$211.95

Good deal. $105/ticket total?