Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,382 Times in 501 Posts
Default Re: Ben is throwing now, but Batch will start against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
Sounds kind of like many Steelers fans touting the team's SB wins and record against Baltimore in the playoffs...

You mean games that are actually significant as opposed to a completely irrelevant power ranking?

Power rankings are for fantasy football nerds, stat boys and followers of teams who repeatedly fail to sack up in the postseason. Fail.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
What's your point? The Ravens can't do dick all in the playoffs, especially against the Steelers. I personally think that's worth mentioning, and it's convenient that you don't mention it or laugh when we do. Congratulations, you're 9-2. You don't deserve to be 9-2, but you're 9-2. We'll see what you do (or, most likely don't do) when you have to rest on the shoulders of your 'elite' Delaware product in Flacco. FYI, mediocre quarterbacks don't win Super Bowls.
To be honest, I'd prefer being 9-2 and pretty much having playoffs on a lock, than being 6-5 and having a decent chance at not even making it into the post season.

And I'm not really sure what all of this "Ravens don't deserve their record" BS is. Yeah, we've looked shitty in a bunch of games, but we won them - that's all that matters. You can keep looking to the past to make yourself feel warm and fuzzy on the inside, but I'm looking to the future.

Almost anyone has a very good chance at getting hot going into the post season (that includes the Steelers) - but you've got to get into the playoffs to have a chance. Our offense has looked like a bunch of kindergartners running around with blindfolds on - but that doesn't mean that they won't figure their shit out and start playing better in these coming games. I don't know if it's going to happen - I certainly hope it does. Our defense has significantly stepped up their game since the bye week, if our offense gets churning, we will be competitive.

And the last time the Ravens won the Superbowl, we had Trent Dilfer as our QB. Mediocre much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
You mean games that are actually significant as opposed to a completely irrelevant power ranking?

Power rankings are for fantasy football nerds, stat boys and followers of teams who repeatedly fail to sack up in the postseason. Fail.
I don't care for power rankings. I don't really understand why the Ravens are at #4 in most of them right now when we haven't looked very good. But those numbers mean nothing now. Your Superbowl wins and past playoff performance mean jack shit when you are playing the Ravens. Yet when I go around the Ravens Boards, a bunch of Steelers fans use it as some sort of justification that you are currently better than us. It doesn't make sense.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #33
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,284 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

If Ben is healthy and plays, and Brown is back, with Dwyer the starting RB, I may just watch the game with my pup tent the whole time.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #34
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,382 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
I don't care for power rankings. I don't really understand why the Ravens are at #4 in most of them right now when we haven't looked very good. But those numbers mean nothing now. Your Superbowl wins and past playoff performance mean jack shit when you are playing the Ravens. Yet when I go around the Ravens Boards, a bunch of Steelers fans use it as some sort of justification that you are currently better than us. It doesn't make sense.
I hear you. I can't speak for those folks as I cringe myself whenever I read the lame "SIX RINGS, BITCH!" argument being thrown around. And doing it on non-Steelers boards is even more lame. Fact of the matter is, we're 0-3 against you in our last 3 meetings and if Batch starts Sunday, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that that number will go to 0-4. I only hope we can reverse that trend.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #35
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Most of us dont go to the ravens boards, but i may remind you that this is a Steelers board. If ever there was a ravens fan who could come here and actually talk football instead of stupid bs. You all are the worst fans, i have yet to come across one ravens fan that can hold an intelligent Football conversation. Giants, broncos, even browns fans all are mostly class acts, never a Ravens fan. Basically, if I were a ravens fan I would feel lucky with that win over SD and several wins this season to boot. I would hope my team could start producing some offense and soon. I certainly wouldnt be so cocky. But mostly i would be doing it on MY OWN FORUM.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #36
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I hear you. I can't speak for those folks as I cringe myself whenever I read the lame "SIX RINGS, BITCH!" argument being thrown around. And doing it on non-Steelers boards is even more lame. Fact of the matter is, we're 0-3 against you in our last 3 meetings and if Batch starts Sunday, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that that number will go to 0-4. I only hope we can reverse that trend.
Glad someone agrees with me. And luckily, it's not a large portion of your fanbase - we all have those few that ruin it for the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Most of us dont go to the ravens boards, but i may remind you that this is a Steelers board. If ever there was a ravens fan who could come here and actually talk football instead of stupid bs. You all are the worst fans, i have yet to come across one ravens fan that can hold an intelligent Football conversation. Giants, broncos, even browns fans all are mostly class acts, never a Ravens fan. Basically, if I were a ravens fan I would feel lucky with that win over SD and several wins this season to boot. I would hope my team could start producing some offense and soon. I certainly wouldnt be so cocky. But mostly i would be doing it on MY OWN FORUM.
I'm not a big fan of the words "all" or "every". I love football - I love talking football. That being said, I'm going to call you out when you spew shit out of your mouth (not you specifically). I love reading this Steelers forum, I get a ton of insight from lots of the members here, and do like to have a good football discussion. But naturally, because our teams are bitter rivals, it can often degrade into a shit throwing fest.

I do feel lucky about the SD win - going into the 4th quarter, I thought there was no way we were going to win. But somehow, we managed to put something together and we came out with a W.

I also try not to be cocky. I'm a pretty level headed guy (until game time at least) and I like to look at things objectively. Please look at the very first post that I wrote on this forum (good thing you don't have to scroll through to many.) Yeah, I've gotten into a few arguments with you guys, but who wouldn't.

There are trolls in any fanbase. I don't necessarily think that the Ravens have any more than the Steelers do. But once again, being bitter rivals, we all wear rose-colored glasses for our own teams and their respective fanbases.

EDIT: Also, just a quick side note. I'm a member of tons of different football teams' forums. I use the exact same username for every single one. Anyone can go to any of the other forums and see what I write there. I like doing that, because I generally do not act any differently on any single forum. I enjoy having discussions with fans of other teams, and I welcome the same sort of discussions on the Ravens' boards.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #37
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I have a few friends who are Ravens fans, but yeah, a hella lot of 'em are cocky ************s.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #38
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
LO FUCKING L at the thought that the Ravens will compete with Denver or Houston in the playoffs.
especially when they barely beat a crippled steelers team and should've lost to the chargers.
I desparately want to see the steelers/ratbirds in the afc champ. game.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #39
kennymaine
Water Boy

Member Number: 14468

I still think if Ben can not go, Hoyer needs to be concidered. The Ravens know nothing about him. Need new blood bad!!!!
kennymaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

A source close to Ben Roethlisberger (ribs, shoulder) tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he would be "shocked" if the quarterback plays against the Ravens this week.
The source says it's not a pain tolerance issue, but a question of how well Roethlisberger can perform with severe limitations. Coach Mike Tomlin confirmed that Big Ben threw on Monday, but "he's not going to be allowed to play unless he shows us he's capable." The Steelers are "leaving the door open" for Roethlisberger, though Tomlin admits Charlie Batch is the likely Week 13 starter with a game plan catered to his strengths -- whatever those may be.

A source, who the fuck is the source and why cant they just name whoever it is. Its hard to believe shit like this when all they can say is "a source". With that said, I think theres a decent chance Ben plays this week, or at least, I sure hope he does.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote