Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #51
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Arguing with a Mike Wallace supporter is like talking to a wall. You're not getting anywhere. Mike Wallace is the reason why It's more important to WATCH the game, and not Fantasy Football Land.
That is an excellent point you make. So much is made about numbers in todays game and not a players actual ability and what they actually do on the football field.

Troy Aikman put up very pedestrian numbers in his day, but everyone knew how excellent a QB he was. Today, I am sure some would call him a 'bust' since he only threw more than 20 TDs in a season once and went over 3000 yards 4 or 5 seasons in his entire career.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #52
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

ANTONIO BROWN HAS 3 TDS IN HIS CAREER.

BRANDON MARSHALL HAD 3 TDS IN WEEK 9.

Honestly, it is like all the idiots in the world congregated on one forum. Antonio Brown is a hard worker and a great football player. He is not a true number one receiver. Brown is an excellent slot/possession WR. Brown is not going to beat double teams with dominant physical play.

No one is holding Brown to the same standard as Wallace. People dump on Wallace for not being a top 5 WR. I have never heard Brown even MENTIONED in the same sentence as top 5 WRs. So why the special treatment? Could it be that Wallace held out in pre-season and you're all a bunch of whining, snivelling pussies?

Brown and Wallace are both good WRs. Wallace is better. End of story.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #53
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,880 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I was talking about Brown, not Wallace. Unless you are referring to Brown?
no - got the prob with Wallace - I guess I wasn't sure - so just putting my two cents in yet again

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
I honestly believe a team with a franchise QB and especially one in Haley's system will generate numbers regardless.

I don't want to " dump on AB" I like him and I believe he is good and will get better and better. I just see everybody ragging on Wallace, when this group as a hole has been good but not great.
Everybody is ragging on Wallace for good reason. dropped passes this season, lazy play sometimes.

Antonio Brown has earned his money, he has made great third down plays this season, clutch catches in the playoffs, and he is a much better route runner than Wallace. It also seems like that Ben and Brown have a better rapport than Ben and Wallace, which is vital.

Say what you want about his stats, I'd rather have Brown than Wallace.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #55
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

People get so extreme when comparing players

How about this: I'd take Wallace back next year at the same price they paid Brown.
I like both players and if the are both on the field at the same time, they make each other play better

Why does it always have to be one player sucks and the other is a superstar?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #56
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
So let me get this right ... You want to pay a guy 8 million a year to give you 490 yards and 1 touchdown in 8 games all with BR 7 ??? Those are not good enough for that money.

His performance as well as Wallace was not good enough in Denver last year.
Absolutely. He was in the top 15 in the NFL in receptions before he got hurt. And that's playing 2nd fiddle to Wallace. He also returns punts.

He also is clutch on 3rd down, probably one of the best in the league on 3rd down. That doesn't reflect on Fantasy Football Website.com, which by now I am sure is what you are looking at when making your argument.

Sorry you drafted him and are not happy with your investment.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #57
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
Everybody is ragging on Wallace for good reason. dropped passes this season, lazy play sometimes.

Antonio Brown has earned his money, he has made great third down plays this season, clutch catches in the playoffs, and he is a much better route runner than Wallace. It also seems like that Ben and Brown have a better rapport than Ben and Wallace, which is vital.

Say what you want about his stats, I'd rather have Brown than Wallace.
If that rapport is so good, why did he average 5 catches a game with Ben thru the first 8 weeks?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #58
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Arguing with a Mike Wallace supporter is like talking to a wall. You're not getting anywhere. Mike Wallace is the reason why It's more important to WATCH the game, and not Fantasy Football Land.
Stats are numbers that reflect production on the field. Stats matter. Is it a coincidence that Jerry Rice holds every major career receiving record and is considered the best WR of all time? Or do Rice's stats not matter? Can I say Santonio Holmes is the greatest WR of all time? He made one of the best catches I have ever seen to win Superbowl XLIII he must be the best. If you think Rice is better please explain why without statistics- this could be his hands, fluidity in his hips or maybe the way he holds his mouth. Has there ever been a WR who caught more than 100 passes not make the Probowl?

Did you watch the Giants game? The Steelers don't beat the Giants without Wallace.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #59
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
ANTONIO BROWN HAS 3 TDS IN HIS CAREER.

BRANDON MARSHALL HAD 3 TDS IN WEEK 9.
WHO CARES?

I don't care if Brown, Wallace, Miller, Sanders, Dwyer, Redman, Mendenhall or whoever else scores the TD.

I really don't. What matters is that they score.

When they get in the red zone and going to pass, Ben is always going to look for Wallace or Miller first. They are usually going to be his first reads in those situations.

I am starting to wonder if some of you actually are watching the game, or are just mad because you are losing in fantasy football and have Brown on your team and mad that you drafted him.
The Following User Says Thank You to lipps83 For This Useful Post:
Terminator (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #60
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
I am starting to wonder if some of you actually are watching the game, or are just mad because you are losing in fantasy football and have Brown on your team and mad that you drafted him.

Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote