Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #61
Danny136200
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 245
Member Number: 17651
Thanks: 33
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
ANTONIO BROWN HAS 3 TDS IN HIS CAREER.

BRANDON MARSHALL HAD 3 TDS IN WEEK 9.

Honestly, it is like all the idiots in the world congregated on one forum. Antonio Brown is a hard worker and a great football player. He is not a true number one receiver. Brown is an excellent slot/possession WR. Brown is not going to beat double teams with dominant physical play.

No one is holding Brown to the same standard as Wallace. People dump on Wallace for not being a top 5 WR. I have never heard Brown even MENTIONED in the same sentence as top 5 WRs. So why the special treatment? Could it be that Wallace held out in pre-season and you're all a bunch of whining, snivelling pussies?

Brown and Wallace are both good WRs. Wallace is better. End of story.
Seriously, would you want the Bears' receiving corps, or the Steelers'?
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #62
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steeltheone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harrisburg Pa.
Posts: 3,448
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6351
Thanks: 259
Thanked 364 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
Absolutely. He was in the top 15 in the NFL in receptions before he got hurt. And that's playing 2nd fiddle to Wallace. He also returns punts.

He also is clutch on 3rd down, probably one of the best in the league on 3rd down. That doesn't reflect on Fantasy Football Website.com, which by now I am sure is what you are looking at when making your argument.

Sorry you drafted him and are not happy with your investment.
If you can't reason that 490 yards and 1 td thru 8 games is real average, when his franchise QB has tossed it 316 times then i guess we will have to agree to disagree.
__________________
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
steeltheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #63
lipps83
Assistant Coach
 
lipps83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,239
Member Number: 17725
Thanks: 169
Thanked 446 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Stats are numbers that reflect production on the field. Stats matter. Is it a coincidence that Jerry Rice holds every major career receiving record and is considered the best WR of all time? Or do Rice's stats not matter? Can I say Santonio Holmes is the greatest WR of all time? He made one of the best catches I have ever seen to win Superbowl XLIII he must be the best. If you think Rice is better please explain why without statistics- this could be his hands, fluidity in his hips or maybe the way he holds his mouth. Has there ever been a WR who caught more than 100 passes not make the Probowl?

Did you watch the Giants game? The Steelers don't beat the Giants without Wallace.
Jerry Rice is the greatest receiver of all time. Antonio Brown is the 2nd receiver on the team and just moved into that role halfway through last season.

Not a good comparison.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #64
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steeltheone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harrisburg Pa.
Posts: 3,448
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6351
Thanks: 259
Thanked 364 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
Seriously, would you want the Bears' receiving corps, or the Steelers'?
Brandon Marshall jerk or not is a top 10 wideout. The Steelers are better as a group.
__________________
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
steeltheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #65
lipps83
Assistant Coach
 
lipps83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,239
Member Number: 17725
Thanks: 169
Thanked 446 Times in 225 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
If you can't reason that 490 yards and 1 td thru 8 games is real average, when his franchise QB has tossed it 316 times then i guess we will have to agree to disagree.
I didn't say that wasn't average. That's an average of 61 yards a game and would put him at about 1,000 for a full season.

THAT'S PRETTY DAMN GOOD FOR YOUR 2ND STRING RECEIVER.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #66
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,348
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 7
Thanked 431 Times in 299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

I don't hate Wallace. I hate the fact that he is underachieving. It is inexcusable to drop the passes he has been dropping. I think most savvy football fans realize that Brown is a possession receiver. He is not a number one but Wallace is not living up to expectations as a number one receiver. Every game we lost was partially his fault from dropping wide open passes. How many TDs has he fumbled away this year and how many dropped passes right in his hands on third down have caused us to punt the ball?

He has made very few splash plays this year. Wallace does not even belong in the same sentence as Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald (his problems are all QB related) Reggie Wayne, Roddy White, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Demaryus Thomas, Julio Jones, Vincent Jackson, Marcus Colston, Percy Harvin etc. All of these players are game breakers all the time. Not just the 3 or 4 times in 11 games that Wallace has been. Your obsession with Wallace is absurd.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #67
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,698
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,875
Thanked 10,384 Times in 4,381 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
ANTONIO BROWN HAS 3 TDS IN HIS CAREER.

BRANDON MARSHALL HAD 3 TDS IN WEEK 9.
This is flawed logic. Who is Cutler supposed to throw to other than Marshall? He's the only option Cutler has while Ben has 4 very real, very dangerous targets. Why are we comparing a third year guy to Brandon Marshall, an already established clear cut number one receiver? Also, why are most of you talking like Brown is our number one receiver - he isn't. And to the guy complaining about Brown only having 490 yards - he hasn't played in two weeks. He would have been over 1000 yards again this year had he played the whole season with Ben.

Jesus, people find the stupidest things to complain about.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #68
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,583
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 113
Thanked 379 Times in 184 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
ANTONIO BROWN HAS 3 TDS IN HIS CAREER.

BRANDON MARSHALL HAD 3 TDS IN WEEK 9.

Honestly, it is like all the idiots in the world congregated on one forum. Antonio Brown is a hard worker and a great football player. He is not a true number one receiver. Brown is an excellent slot/possession WR. Brown is not going to beat double teams with dominant physical play.

No one is holding Brown to the same standard as Wallace. People dump on Wallace for not being a top 5 WR. I have never heard Brown even MENTIONED in the same sentence as top 5 WRs. So why the special treatment? Could it be that Wallace held out in pre-season and you're all a bunch of whining, snivelling pussies?

Brown and Wallace are both good WRs. Wallace is better. End of story.
Brandon Marshall is on his third team in his career. So if Brandon Marshall is so good, how come he can't stick to a roster? Please get out of here with that crap.

Arguing with a Mike Wallace supporter is like talking to a wall. They continue to spit on clear evidence that Mike Wallace is not a top-flight WR and is NOT the best WR on this team. Thank god you guys aren't in the Steelers Front Office.

If Mike Wallace is the best WR on this team, this team should have no issue with Brown out. Wallace's production has not only stagnated, it's gotten considerably worse. Before you bring up the Ben excuse. Sanders and Miller are still bringing their best, and seem to be the only guys on Offense who are stepping up in Ben's absence.

It more than mere numbers and statistics. It's intangibles. The ability to do everything. Doing everything possible to help the team out beyond fancy touchdowns. Where is Mike Wallace in the big, clutch moments when we need him? In the big games? I'll tell what he's doing. He's dropping balls and fumbling in our own zone(Ravens game).

Mike Wallace has continued to demonstrate that not only is he NOT that dependable guy, but he's a LIABILITY in that situation. When the going gets tough, Wallace checks out.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #69
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

I don't play fantasy football. i don't like to hear about fantasy football. Listening to grown men go on and on about statistics and who they are playing on "their" team is excrutiating.

In society in general I get tired of people who believe whatever the fuck they want to believe regardless of evidence. People consistently have a paradigm based on their emotional responses to past events and they do anything and everything to twist information and facts to fit that paradigm.

Fact: Mike Wallace has EIGHT TIMES as many career tds as Antonio Brown.

Fact: Every Arians critic said yards don't mean shit put some POINTS ON THE BOARD.

Result: Fans overlook the history of Wallace and Brown's respective scoring production to declare Brown the winner based on Brown's total yards or Wallace's "attitude."

Fact: Brown is playing on a 5 year 42 million dollar salary and has produced 1 td this year.

Fact: Wallace is playing on a 1 year 2.7 million dollar salary and has produced 6 tds this year.

Result: Fans overlook Wallace's 6 tds and NFL.com's characterization of Wallace as the most underpaid WR in the NFL to proclaim Brown as the better value player.
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #70
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,348
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 7
Thanked 431 Times in 299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

Wallace should have a dozen TDs. That is the problem most people have with him. 6 TDs over 11 games is not enough for a number one receiver. He should have at least a TD a game if he is so good. He is not even close. And Ben has given him the ball many times in a position to score and he keeps dropping them. In the end zone. In the middle of the field when he is wide open. 6 TDs is a joke for the superstar speedster of the world. I WANT him to do better. But he just keeps disappointing. He should be playing lights out in a contract year. Instead he is playing to not get hurt. He had his chance at a very lucrative contract but he chose to not accept.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts