Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-29-2006, 06:14 AM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Five Players in the Wrong Situation From the '06 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I'm sure the average is not 99.991%
For sure its probably has to be the best - its just that losing games you have led by 11 points must be relatively rare - and if you factor in it being a succesful team it should make it even rarer.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i remember last year during MNF they were talking about a similar stat of bill parcells. cowher had him beat by like 20-25 games i think.
Thats interesting - Parcells is a good coach and 25 games is a big difference.

It would be nice to be able to compare him to the likes of Landry and Lombardi just to see how impressive it really was.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #23
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Lombardi? He sucks!! they should name it the Cowher Trophy.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #24
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
Santonio Holmes, WR, Pittsburgh: This is no knock on the organization, because it did win the Super Bowl last year. It is, however, a reminder that the Steelers haven't fared well recently with receivers taken in the first round. Plaxico Burress struggled with inconsistency. Troy Edwards never did anything. Holmes may be more willing to accept the realities of playing in the Steel City -- more blocking and less pass-catching opportunities than first-round receivers are used to -- but he'll still have to understand that Hines Ward is the man in that system. [/B]

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ft.luck/1.html

Okay...Point 1) SI is a rag that makes my parrot stick its butt OUT of its cage so as to not improve upon its writing.
Point 2) If they paid any atention at all to Pitts drafting trends, they would see that We have gotten away from drafting Edwards/Burress caliber of players...and started drafting players with better character. I think that We have just figured out that Cincy wants all the Chris Henrys of the world, and since they will ALWAYS have better draft position than us..they can have them
Point 3) As an ex-army Vet...let me explain something to SI writers...Bengals Fans ...Homeless people...Ray Lewis...and those "special" people who have been institutionalized. The quality of the weapons you possess are never based on how often you use them...they are SOLELY based on effectivness when utilized and the ability of the user to know when/where/how to utilize them. To say that Holmes is a poor pick for Pitt because We have Ward...is the military equivalant of saying that planes are useless since we have tanks. Holmes is a legitimate weapon unto himself...PERIOD!
Point 4) I seem to remember a very effective ground game in the late 70's ...and two HALL OF FAME recievers that even SI may recall were ...oh I dont know...HALL OF FAME RECIEVERS!!! Makes one think that a good ground game and effective passing attack may co-exist. HMMMMM...some may even call that a "well-balanced" team.
Well..back to teaching my parrot that the crap on its SI bedliner was there before I lined its cage.
Well put. I agree those clowns from SI usually have their heads shoved up thier a s s e s.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #25
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
Lombardi? He sucks!! they should name it the Cowher Trophy.
I agree lol. I mean who is Vince Lombardi compared to Bill Cowher? Ok just joking but I still found your post very funny.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,882 Times in 4,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Thats interesting - Parcells is a good coach and 25 games is a big difference.

It would be nice to be able to compare him to the likes of Landry and Lombardi just to see how impressive it really was.

NM
diffucult to find info on. cowher has won about 130+ games. he has had atleast a 10 point lead in 100 of those and only lost once with said lead. you can look at some of his peers mentionned below and see he has an excellent %

... while his record is 76-7 when his teams open a 10+-point lead. ... Dungy, one of the most respected and popular NFL coaches, also has a reputation for ...
www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=coachbio&coach

In Mike Holmgren's 14 years as an NFL head coach, he has never won as many as six road ... They couldn't hold a 10-point lead with 166 seconds remaining. ...
www.hbo.com/infl/columns/ articles/kalb/20051205kalb.shtml - 37k

Gruden, the NFL's youngest head coach, has a 40-28 record in four seasons with the Raiders. He led the team to the AFC title game a year ago, and the Raiders lost this year in a second-round game to eventual Super Bowl champion New England after blowing a 10-point lead in the final quarter.http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...aneers_gruden/ [jon grudens buccaneeers also gave up that huge lead to the colts on mnf]

Parcells has a remarkable 50-1 record when entering the fourth quarter with a lead of 11 points or more in his head coaching career. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Parcells

Last edited by tony hipchest; 05-30-2006 at 06:11 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote