Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #71
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492
Default Re: Antonio Brown overrated

If Mike Wallace was released and was signed by the Ravens, how would you all feel? Honestly.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #72
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
This is flawed logic. Who is Cutler supposed to throw to other than Marshall? He's the only option Cutler has while Ben has 4 very real, very dangerous targets. Why are we comparing a third year guy to Brandon Marshall, an already established clear cut number one receiver? Also, why are most of you talking like Brown is our number one receiver - he isn't. And to the guy complaining about Brown only having 490 yards - he hasn't played in two weeks. He would have been over 1000 yards again this year had he played the whole season with Ben.

Jesus, people find the stupidest things to complain about.
It really isn't flawed logic at all. One of the game's elite WRs put up the same scoring production in one game as Brown did in 33. Think about that for a minute.
Brandon Marshall's contract you ask? 5 years 47M. Gee, that's pretty close to Antonio Brown's 5 year 42M. I guess it IS OK to compare them.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #73
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
If Mike Wallace was released and was signed by the Ravens, how would you all feel? Honestly.
Exactly. I would feel it would be pretty hard to cover underneath routes with Torrie Smith and Mike Wallace blowing the top off the coverage.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #74
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Brandon Marshall's contract you ask? 5 years 47M. Gee, that's pretty close to Antonio Brown's 5 year 42M. I guess it IS OK to compare them.
When you put it like that, it kind of sucks
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #75
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
The problem with Wallace is his attitude and lack of effort. I don't question his talent. I personally think he doesn't fit into this offense as well as Brown, Sanders and Miller at TE. He appears to be pouting and has shot himself in foot as far as new contract. To answer your question I would be disappointed if he went to Ravens, now if he went to the Rams I could care less. If Steelers could keep him for decent price fine, but he is not worth 10 mill a year. Brown a better option in this offense, hell Sanders is better option in this offense. You cannot expect to be rewarded in a contract year when you drop as many passes as he has , and the guy rarely makes a great catch.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #76
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

I think Wallace will go to one of the high dollar teams like Dallas or Washington. He seems to be all about the dollars and those owners have no qualms about spending the money to try to buy a championship. I hope one of them gets him if we can't sign him. I doubt at this point the Steelers will be willing to franchise tag him. But stranger things have happened.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #77
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,451 Times in 1,640 Posts
My Mood: Fine

i wouldn't be shocked to see Wallace go anywhere - the Ravens would love any chance they could get to take away one of our guys and try to show us up with him

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #78
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
4 games. ( 1 SB) 10 receptions 160 yards... No td's That's not what you expect out of a playmaker.

I know he is good, ( lots of good wideouts ) but, he has done nothing to suggest he is anymore than that.
Absolute rubbish. With just the stats you posted alone-- that is a 16 YPC average. Also, he was still the #3 or #4 receiver at the time, so he is not going to get as many touches or red zone opprtunities. If the QB does not target him in the redzone-- he sin't going to get TDs.

Keep in mind, he matched the #1 WR's stats in his first season while still playing as our #3 or #4. He broke records for being the first to rack up 1000 yards receivng and on kick returns. The only record Wallace is going to break this year is most drops in a season.

Also, if you still aren't convinced about how much of our offense AB is responsible for-- how well has our WR corps been doing since he got injured? It looks to me like Antonio Brown opens things up for Wallace, not the other way around.

AB is the best WR on our roster right now, by a long shot.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #79
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Brown is tge ONLY reason I'm ok with Wallace being gone next year.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #80
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Brown is pretty damn good, but he is a bit overrated. Obviously Wallace is and honestly I can care less where he goes. I'd prefer it not be to Baltimore or NE, but Brady can't and doesn't throw the long ball and Baltimore already has their speedster, so as long as he's not in Pittsburgh next year WITH a big contract then I'll be happy. I actually think he's towards the bottom of the WR depth chart, he can't hang on to s***.

I wonder how much Brown being out hurt Leftwich and Batch. Seemed like nobody but Miller could get open, with Sanders occasionally squeaking out.I don't think Brown is a #1 WR, but neither is Wallace. I'd be fine with Sanders/Brown/Cotchery/Burress next year...Brown and Cotchery are already locked up for next year and Sanders and Burress will be cheaper then Wallace. I know Burress isn't a long term solution, but I think the Rooney's are thinking "championship now while Ben is still here!", and Burress is a bigger advantage in the next 2 years then Wallace IMO. No doubt Wallace has much more potential and played great about a year ago, better then Burress, but we already have tons of speed, we need a big target and a red zone beast, and that's Plax.

Wow, my last paragraph just showed how high our expectations are as Steeler fans and how spoiled we are: "I'd be FINE WITH Sanders/Brown/Cotchery/Burress next year". A lot of teams would be happy if they had two of them. And as for the argument that Brown doesn't show up in the playoffs, go Youtube "antonio brown helmet catch". He was playing as a #3 or #4 WR at that time and still made plays. We don't even make it to the AFC Champ game in 2010 if not for AB.