Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #61
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886
Default Re: Ben is throwing now, but Batch will start against the Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
How the hell do you get another 3 weeks from that, especially if there is a chance he will play this week?
granted I don't know much of anything...but my logic, just based on the reports about the injury's severity and recovery time......

Theres been more that suggest Ben would be out till MId to late December...

This week was the 1st we really heard of that Ben might even be able to try and practice

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #62
terpsnation
Water Boy

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
You're dreaming if you think you are going to finish above the Bengals.

P.S. Bring the big guy Sunday so we can put him out of his misery.
I don't think it's a stretch at all to think that the Steelers end up with a better record than the Bengals. Let's look at their schedules:

Steelers

@ Ravens
Chargers
@ Cowboys
Bengals
Browns

Bengals
@ Chargers
Cowboys
@ Eagles
@ Steelers
Ravens

With Ben out, I think the chances of the Steelers winning at Baltimore are relatively slim. That means that the Bengals will have to lose at least one game for the Steelers to end up with a better record. When Ben comes back, I don't see the Bengals going to Pittsburgh and winning. Steelers would then have a 2 - 0 record against the Bengals, and would win any tie scenario.

Looking at the other games - I can see the Steelers winning out (after the Ravens game). Chargers at home should be easy w/ Ben back - and I don't see them losing to the Cowboys or Browns.

W/ the Bengals, they could very possibly lose at the Chargers this week, then against the Ravens in Week 17.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #63
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,069 Times in 2,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
You're dreaming if you think you are going to finish above the Bengals.

:
i can see you thinking that being they are your 2nd favorite team.

teh bengals suck.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #64
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
I don't think it's a stretch at all to think that the Steelers end up with a better record than the Bengals. Let's look at their schedules:

Steelers

@ Ravens
Chargers
@ Cowboys
Bengals
Browns

Bengals
@ Chargers
Cowboys
@ Eagles
@ Steelers
Ravens

With Ben out, I think the chances of the Steelers winning at Baltimore are relatively slim. That means that the Bengals will have to lose at least one game for the Steelers to end up with a better record. When Ben comes back, I don't see the Bengals going to Pittsburgh and winning. Steelers would then have a 2 - 0 record against the Bengals, and would win any tie scenario.

Looking at the other games - I can see the Steelers winning out (after the Ravens game). Chargers at home should be easy w/ Ben back - and I don't see them losing to the Cowboys or Browns.

W/ the Bengals, they could very possibly lose at the Chargers this week, then against the Ravens in Week 17.
As long as Ben is back by the SD game, we will win our last 4, the Bengals won't. Not only will we beat them which will put them behind us for good this year, but they won't beat they will lose another game on top of that, and possibly two.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #65
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post

Steelers

@ Ravens
Chargers
@ Cowboys
Bengals
Browns

Bengals
@ Chargers
Cowboys
@ Eagles
@ Steelers
Ravens

It basically comes down to us having to win 3 of our next five with one of them being the Bengals game. If that happens, the Bengals would need to sweep their other 4 game or the Dolphins would have to win 5 in a row for us to miss the playoffs.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #66
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
It basically comes down to us having to win 3 of our next five with one of them being the Bengals game...
pretty much, if Ben plays they can do that

SD, Dallas, Cincy with Batch at QB??? I don't think so
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #67
mlr458
Water Boy

Member Number: 24566

There was more wrong with last week''s game than Charlie's interceptions, if my memory recalls I've seen Ben throw a few interceptions also. A couple things I would like to comment on is 1) all of the fumbles, that had nothing to do with Charlie, and 2) if I remember when I played basketball and the ball was going to be short we were told to run our ass up and meet the ball. Why can't these receivers do that instead of bitching about Charlie's passes being too short? Another note... if Ben's rib was that close to his aorta then it would be foolish for him to play this soon and chance getting sacked by some of those ravens.

Last edited by mlr458; 11-28-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: added thought
mlr458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #68
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr458 View Post
There was more wrong with last week''s game than Charlie's interceptions, if my memory recalls I've seen Ben throw a few interceptions also. A couple things I would like to comment on is 1) all of the fumbles, that had nothing to do with Charlie, and 2) if I remember when I played basketball and the ball was going to be short we were told to run our ass up and meet the ball. Why can't these receivers do that instead of bitching about Charlie's passes being too short? Another note... if Ben's rib was that close to his aorta then it would be foolish for him to play this soon and chance getting sacked by some of those ravens.
It looked like Charlie was throwing into a wind. Hard to ask receiver change their route running. A man has got to know his limitations and crossing patterns over the middle and check offs to running back is what he is limited to from what I saw last week. Ed Reed will have a field day if Charlie tries to go deep, and don't expect Wallace to play defender if he has to.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #69
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,226 Times in 3,940 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr458 View Post

nice first post, welcome to the board!

also, i noticed you edited your post due to "added thought". we try to refrain from that as much as possible around here...