Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524
Default Re: Anyone Tailgating at the game in Baltimore Dec. 2nd?

I will apologize in advance for any trouble you have. I hate it when away fans are treated like crap. Yes, some good fun razzing is always expected, but people shouldn't be physical or assclowns. I know it happens in almost every stadium but it is just so stupid.

I'm not sure where you are sitting. My tickets are downstairs in the corner of the endzone and we have never had any trouble with any fans that acted like normal people. There was a Raiders fan in full silver skull mask all game a couple rows down trying to intimidate with his mask by staring at people, but no one really gave him any problems. His team of course was being blown out.

I'd say keep a good sense of humor no matter what happens, be nice and if something happens, text the event staff line. Those guys are really fast to get into the stands and fix problems. And I would say as long as your are not the one being the douche, they are going to haul away the other guy.

Hope you have fun. It's a great pre-game place with the Ravens walk (live band, huge TV screen with pregame or 1pm game playing, and a great stadium. Be sure to check out the Johnny U statue out front the stadium. I wouldn't go rub his shoe like the rest of the Ravens fans, but it's still pretty cool to see.

Good luck, have fun and don't be a douche. Hopefully the Ravens fans around you won't be a douche either.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nevermore For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I will apologize in advance for any trouble you have. I hate it when away fans are treated like crap. Yes, some good fun razzing is always expected, but people shouldn't be physical or assclowns. I know it happens in almost every stadium but it is just so stupid.

I'm not sure where you are sitting. My tickets are downstairs in the corner of the endzone and we have never had any trouble with any fans that acted like normal people. There was a Raiders fan in full silver skull mask all game a couple rows down trying to intimidate with his mask by staring at people, but no one really gave him any problems. His team of course was being blown out.

I'd say keep a good sense of humor no matter what happens, be nice and if something happens, text the event staff line. Those guys are really fast to get into the stands and fix problems. And I would say as long as your are not the one being the douche, they are going to haul away the other guy.

Hope you have fun. It's a great pre-game place with the Ravens walk (live band, huge TV screen with pregame or 1pm game playing, and a great stadium. Be sure to check out the Johnny U statue out front the stadium. I wouldn't go rub his shoe like the rest of the Ravens fans, but it's still pretty cool to see.

Good luck, have fun and don't be a douche. Hopefully the Ravens fans around you won't be a douche either.

I'd say most of this is right. I'm a season ticket holding in Pittsburgh and I've seen it in our stadium as well. Visiting fans are less prevalent in Pittsburgh as it's usually a tough ticket to come by. The Steeler numbers have dropped in Baltimore as the Ravens success has risen. I've been to PSI/M&T 7 times and it used to be 30% Steeler fans. Lucky to be 10% now, I'd guess.

Haven't been since 09 when Santonio caught the game winner. That was an ugly exit as it came right at the end of the game and people were really pissed with the call.

Like he said, be nice if you can and smile. It goes a long way. They have the texting thing if you have any real trouble in your section. The higher up you go, the rowdier it will likely be.

I've been everywhere from uppers, 3 rows from the top to 50 yardline lowers and club seats. Even in the club seats, my wife said some guy called her a ***** when she was coming out of the bathroom. You've got jackasses everywhere. And Steeler week brings them out of the woodwork a little more than normal.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
charlesk
Banned

Member Number: 24477

I will say this except for one douche who threw his beer at me from behind (and hit the kid in front of me instead) all the Steeler fans near me were friendly and chatty. I was cheering for the Ravens but was respectful at the same time. I stood for the Renegade songs and never went too crazy. I've also been to Ravens games and sat near fans of the other teams. I may act like a jerk before the game a bit (like waving a big Ravens flag all around downtown and buying the Pitbull a Big Ben doll to destroy on the sidewalk) but during the game I am not going to interfere with anyone's fun time. The people around me are stuck near me for the next three hours. If you take that attitude into an opposing stadium you should have no trouble. The ushers at M&T will take your side if someone is giving you a bad time. The majority of the Ravens fans around you will as well. Downtown Baltimore is fine during the middle of the day Sunday and there should be a heavy police presence to at the very least direct traffic and watch out for public drunkeness. However if you want to pretend you are in the HBO show "THE WIRE" try tailgating about three or four miles outside of downtown (lol). Have fun.
charlesk is offline   Reply With Quote