Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #21
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts
Default Re: Need help. Questions about Chargers/Steelers game on Dec 9..

Good deal, brother! Congrats! Have a good time. If you have any questions, we'll be here. Stop back after and let us know how you enjoyed yourself. GO STEELERS.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #22
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,034 Times in 567 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Sick deal! Tickets here at Fedex are like 150$ or so.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #23
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
Thanks for the suggestion,. If we get ready and check out at 9AM on Sunday, do you think we have time to hit the Strip for ~2 hours for brunch before heading over to the stadium around 11:30-12? I'm hoping we can find parking somewhere close by for cheap by 11:30-11:45 and walk to the stadium by 12.
I'd get out of the strip no later than 1130. You're going to want to be parked and on your way to the stadium by noon.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #24
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Yes the TicketExchange website is by far the best one I've seen in terms of pricing.

So I've narrowed my seating choices down to these 3:

Section 123 Row AA - Mid row, mid column, right behind the endzone...great endzone view
Section 118 Row G - Low-mid row, in the corner...angled view
Section 537 Row J - Mid row, Mid column, highest zone...great panoramic view

Prices are all similar. Seems consensus is 500s so I'll probably go and buy those tickets tonight. Row J is presumably good considering how high the 500s are.
You'll be happy with 537 J.
Row F is on the rail going up the steps. There is no Row I. 4th row.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

534, low row. Best seats in the house besides the $250 club seats IMO.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #26
lektrix
Water Boy

Member Number: 24561

I'm having trouble finding a good hotel deal. I'm looking at roughly $60-$80/night for 2.5*+ and only see 3* deal via Priceline near Ross Park Mall, hotel unnamed. Is there any fast, accessible public transportation in that area? Or do I have to drive 10KM into the city everyday including the Steelers game on a packed day???
lektrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #27
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,755 Times in 1,799 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
ima have to try those when i visit pittsburgh one day. I live for craft brew
you speakin my language - I'm gatherin the clan for another all-grain brew day this weekend - great, inexpensive hobby

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #28
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding a good hotel deal. I'm looking at roughly $60-$80/night for 2.5*+ and only see 3* deal via Priceline near Ross Park Mall, hotel unnamed. Is there any fast, accessible public transportation in that area? Or do I have to drive 10KM into the city everyday including the Steelers game on a packed day???
You're about 8-9 miles north of Heinz Field/north shore - coming into the North shore area from that direction is the path of least resistance / time. That wouldn't be a bad place to stay if you don't mind not being in the thick of everything (not really that far off) when you go to bed at night.

I grew up 40 minutes North of Pittsburgh and frequented Ross Park.. IMO it MIGHT take you 45 min to an hour from the time you get back into your car to the time you get back to the hotel. Once you get past the parking /tailgate areas and the immediate neighborhood surrounding the stadium areas - getting on McKnight road and route 279 is a piece of cake. If it were me, I'd either stay right downtown and secure your parking with the hotel like stated before, or at the North shore and it will just be a walk to the park. I wouldn't stay east (ie Monroeville) or west (Moon) - seems to be a little harder coming to and from the stadium in my experience when picking up friends. If you stay north shore or just north, downtown - you really can't go wrong. I'd make a choice based on what you like in a hotel in those areas and you really can't lose. Just think - you'll get familiar this time while having fun and next time will be even that more enjoyable. I wouldn't sweat it - it's a great city with very welcoming people.

If you're ever confused while you're there - 9/10 someone will be more than willing to help you out or make a suggestion

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
jrompola
Water Boy

Member Number: 18963

I've been to 1 other Steelers game and I'm going to the Chargers game as well. Bringing my wife this time...so I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't care. I'm dragging her to the game early no matter if its cold or raining/snowing.

Bit of advice. I booked my hotel on expedia.com and did the "hidden" hotel. I got the Wyndham Grand which is like 1/2 mile from Heinz field(walkable) for $80/night. Regular price was $230/night. Just throwing that out there for anyone looking for a hotel.

Back to parking. I've heard there is cheaper parking across the bridge. My 1st game I parked near Heinz field for like $30 I think. The walk wasn't too bad.

Make sure you get there early, so you can walk around Heinz field and look at the Lombardi's and the hall of fame.

I'd suggest taking a walk at the farmers market type thing which is like South Street in Philly, but loaded with amazing food and Steelers stuff all over.

You want to go up to Mt. Washington and take some pictures and look at Heinz field/PNC Park and all the amazing views. You can take the trolly up or you can easily find parking.

My Wife who's been to Pittsburgh before, but never to an NFL game said this, "I've never seen so many people in NFL gear". This was in June or July. We live near Philly, so the fans hear are crazy, but its totally different in Pittsburgh.
jrompola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #30
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrompola View Post
I've been to 1 other Steelers game and I'm going to the Chargers game as well. Bringing my wife this time...so I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't care. I'm dragging her to the game early no matter if its cold or raining/snowing.

Bit of advice. I booked my hotel on expedia.com and did the "hidden" hotel. I got the Wyndham Grand which is like 1/2 mile from Heinz field(walkable) for $80/night. Regular price was $230/night. Just throwing that out there for anyone looking for a hotel.

Back to parking. I've heard there is cheaper parking across the bridge. My 1st game I parked near Heinz field for like $30 I think. The walk wasn't too bad.

Make sure you get there early, so you can walk around Heinz field and look at the Lombardi's and the hall of fame.

I'd suggest taking a walk at the farmers market type thing which is like South Street in Philly, but loaded with amazing food and Steelers stuff all over.

You want to go up to Mt. Washington and take some pictures and look at Heinz field/PNC Park and all the amazing views. You can take the trolly up or you can easily find parking.

My Wife who's been to Pittsburgh before, but never to an NFL game said this, "I've never seen so many people in NFL gear". This was in June or July. We live near Philly, so the fans hear are crazy, but its totally different in Pittsburgh.
yea, I have an old Schwabel's garage that I park in for $30 (I think) just a block or two near stadium (and it has Wendy's and McDonald's right there for bathroom breaks to and from stadium). They fit about 100 cars or so in there, and then close it off during game time and re-open for an hour afterwards. You really can't go wrong and yea, the Mt. Washington view is fantastic. Great skyline pictures.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters