Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #31
jrompola
Water Boy

Member Number: 18963
Default Re: Need help. Questions about Chargers/Steelers game on Dec 9..

1 more thing. You probably want to walk around downtown the night before the game and see the Christmas tree and all the ginger bread houses. The gf will def like that
jrompola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #32
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,386 Posts
My Mood: Fine

jrompola - you're makin me want to revisit again soon - the holidays can't come fast enough now
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #33
jrompola
Water Boy

Member Number: 18963

You got that right. I'm pumped for my visit to the Burgh. Used to go a few times per year bc I had friends out there, but they've moved back. Last time I was there was a few years ago when Matt Spaeth dropped 2 straight passes to lose to the Jets only to turn around and destroy them in the playoffs

I'd like to actually see a win this time I go. It was sure depressing leaving the game last time with 60K ppl silent.
jrompola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #34
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,386 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrompola View Post
You got that right. I'm pumped for my visit to the Burgh. Used to go a few times per year bc I had friends out there, but they've moved back. Last time I was there was a few years ago when Matt Spaeth dropped 2 straight passes to lose to the Jets only to turn around and destroy them in the playoffs

I'd like to actually see a win this time I go. It was sure depressing leaving the game last time with 60K ppl silent.
I wasn't at the Jets game - but I knew immediately after that one that there was no way they were the better team - and we'd beat them the next time - I was never more sure of a Steelers victory than that game. (And we all know what they like to do against "bottom feeders."

The most depressing game for me was the same season, the first game at home v. Ravens where they beat us on the that pass to Housh. I really thought we were going to go 4-0 without Ben - soooo close.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #35
lektrix
Water Boy

Member Number: 24561

Ughhh the best I can find is 3 Star Hotel in Pittsburgh North Area via Hotwire for $70 a night. The hotel will be located close to Ross Park Mall, a bit south. Around 4-6 miles away from city center. Not bad. It works out great for Fri night after I'm done all the shopping cause the hotel is closeby but Sat morning I'm going to have to drive in. Sunday morning I'm going to have to drive in to see the NFL game unless I can find parking somewhere else.
lektrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #36
lektrix
Water Boy

Member Number: 24561

Hmmm, changed things up and got some pretty nice hotels for just a couple dollars more.

Fri night
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown 3.5* for $76 USD total

Sat night
Courtyard By Marriott Pittsburgh Shadyside 3* for $111 USD total

Hotwire for the poorly reviewed Holiday Inn 3* was $170USD total for both nights so what's $20 more right???
lektrix is offline   Reply With Quote