Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #51
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,131 Times in 576 Posts
Default Re: How to replace Mendenhall....

^What does his Achilles and knee have to do with him dancing and fumbling like he has his entire career? Mendenhall is not focused on football. He seems to be an intellectual. Which boggles my mind because he is built like a Greek god. His focus is an issue, when you fumble, it is like a basketball player who cant hit free throws. It is a basic fundamental issue. And worse, Mendenhall's fumbles always seem to happen at the WORST time in the game. While he isn't a bust, he has been a huge disappointment and I wish him well when he leaves in a couple months. He can take Mike Wallace with him too..
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #52
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,173 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
^What does his Achilles and knee have to do with him dancing and fumbling like he has his entire career? Mendenhall is not focused on football. He seems to be an intellectual. Which boggles my mind because he is built like a Greek god. His focus is an issue, when you fumble, it is like a basketball player who cant hit free throws. It is a basic fundamental issue. And worse, Mendenhall's fumbles always seem to happen at the WORST time in the game. While he isn't a bust, he has been a huge disappointment and I wish him well when he leaves in a couple months. He can take Mike Wallace with him too..
Who do we replace him with?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #53
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Who? You make it seem like he is irreplacable? This guy is not that good, and not a great RB by any stretch.
An intellectual? So thats what an intellectual looks and acts like these days? lo

As I stated Dwyer is just fine at this point. If the Oline doesnt block it doesn;t matter who is in the backfield.

I think Wallace is going to step it up.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #54
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,961 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Who? You make it seem like he is irreplacable? This guy is not that good, and not a great RB by any stretch.
An intellectual? So thats what an intellectual looks and acts like these days? lo

As I stated Dwyer is just fine at this point. If the Oline doesnt block it doesn;t matter who is in the backfield.

I think no matter what Wallace does - he'll still be gone - he would have to turn in an 08' playoffs and SB MVP performance for him to return - I don't think he has the guts to do it - he has already shown what he will and wont do - and that pretty much covers any type of real effort

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #55
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

I'll never forgive Mendy for his fumble in the SuperBowl.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #56
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,173 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:

I'm not saying he's irreplaceable, but we don't have another running back on the roster that's better than Mendenhall. Dwyer isn't a franchise running back - not even close. If a team decides to clog the middle of the line, he can't bounce it outside and make something-outta-nothing the way Mendenhall can. He's not fast or explosive and needs constant replacement because he's not in great shape. He's a one-dimensional back that can only run straight ahead and if it's not there, then it's a gain of 1 and start over. This became apparent in the first three games of the season and crept up again against the Ravens.

I'm not saying that Mendenhall is a franchise running back, but neither is Dwyer. We have to draft one this year to make this offense less one-dimensional. There's a reason why the kid was a 6th round pick - he's just not that great.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #57
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Im so sick of ppl comparing mendy's lifetime stats to dwyer or redman. How many seasons has redman or dwyer started? Yep all combined = zero. Compare apples to apples, we dont know if dwyer or redman couldnt have had multiple 1000 yrd seasons as they have NEVER been given the chance to start the full year like mendy has. We have seen what mendy is capable of, alot of short to no gains and bust a long run. Bam 15 carries, 13 for 3 or less, 2 for 50 = a crappy 100 yd game. At least we know redman and dwyer will make their 100yd games with mostly positive yardage. Frankly we need 3rd and shorts not longs. Dwyer/redman is the answer. And for all those on dwyers wagon, his fatass needs to get into shape. I prefer redman because he runs like dwyer and can bounce it outside plus he has shown a knack for making the big play (see our last SB run, AFC champ game agnst Balty). All that said, we need to stop this rb by numbers crap, that crap just doesnt work. Pick one and stick with him until they are broken.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #58
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Im so sick of ppl comparing mendy's lifetime stats to dwyer or redman. How many seasons has redman or dwyer started? Yep all combined = zero. Compare apples to apples, we dont know if dwyer or redman couldnt have had multiple 1000 yrd seasons as they have NEVER been given the chance to start the full year like mendy has.
Redman was given the keys to the starting RB position to start this year. He broke before the season even got underway.

Dwyer was then given the keys after a few outstanding performances, and also got hurt.

Until one of these guys can prove they are the man who can handle 300+ carries per season, you have no basis to replace the guy who has aqlready proven he can for several years now.

It IS a valid comparison.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #59
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
I'll never forgive Mendy for his fumble in the SuperBowl.
It was more David "Whiff" Johnson's fault than Mendenhall's.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #60
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,434 Times in 3,552 Posts

Quote:
Oh I see the asshole Tony has commented. thats always good for some worthless banter.

In one of your posts you comment that perhaps Mendy isn't back from the knee or achilles injuries just yet? Which of course you make a wise ass comment to another poster. What does either of those 2 injuries have to do with his fumbles? Of course as you pointed out to another posted, he may not be a Doc, and thankfully nor am I. But last I checks those bones are not connected. Perhaps Mendy should say something, unless he was worried about not getting that new contract, that he certainly is not getting anyway?

Its nice to have the the SF admin logo, but perhaps you should act like someone who isnt a total dick on every dam reply. Or does the little admin logo grant you the option to be a total dick every day of your miserable life?
muchas butthurt!

you wanna go personal, huh?

the poster said he wasnt giving effort.

THATS what the 2 injuries have to do with his supposed lack of effort, dumbass.

it seems your jawbone is connected to my groin bone. why dont you get offa my jock and quit acting like a sore little bitch.