Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,800 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Steelers Ravens take two

Just no turnovers. That is it as far as I"m concerned. Move the chains - that is all that matters at this point.

You better believe it is going to be a field position battle - and they always mange to find a way to pin us. God forbid we start at least at the 30-40 for once.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,986 Times in 8,012 Posts
My Mood: Dead

I see (almost) a repeat of the last meeting. I see both offenses struggling, for different reasons:

BALT's offense will struggle, because PITT's defense is clicking.

PITT's offense will struggle, due to injuries.

I'm not "out" on Batch, but I'm also not as confident as I was of him last year. I think that if the Steelers can run the ball (which they did last meeting), Batch will only have to pass "just enough" to keep BALT's defense from stacking the box. [If turnover "force" Batch to HAVE to win the game, it'll be over.]

I see Haley learning from his previous mistake (he stopped calling run plays, once PITT crossed the 50 yard-line). I see Dwyer getting a ton of carries, for about 90 yards, setting up two FGs & a TD.

PITT 13
BALT 10
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #13
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
The Ravens offense doesn't seem to be able to manhandle anyone lately. I think turnovers will be a big factor - if Pitt manages to hold on to the ball (compared to last week) then it will be a close game. Your defense is dominant, so it's definitely going to limit the Ravens offense. If Batch continues to underthrow your WRs, Reed will definitely manage to find a pick in there somewhere. Cary Williams has also vastly improved on turning his head around and making interceptions, so watch out for him as well.
I'm not worried about the Steelers defense whatsoever. If anything, they will keep us in the game and we are certainly capable of forcing turnovers against Flacco. It's the decimated Steelers offensive line that worries me senseless. Even though the Browns have a flat out BETTER defense than the Ravens, if the Steelers can't get anything going and want to put the ball on the ground, say, 4 times, then the Ravens are more than capable of blowing us out early!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,986 Times in 8,012 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
The Ravens offense doesn't seem to be able to manhandle anyone lately. I think turnovers will be a big factor - if Pitt manages to hold on to the ball (compared to last week) then it will be a close game. Your defense is dominant, so it's definitely going to limit the Ravens offense. If Batch continues to underthrow your WRs, Reed will definitely manage to find a pick in there somewhere. Cary Williams has also vastly improved on turning his head around and making interceptions, so watch out for him as well.

Completely agree. There's definitely no "invincibility" of playing at home. But if you look at the numbers, Flacco generally performs a lot better at home regardless of the opponent. Unfortunately we haven't played 2 divisional games against the same team this year, so it's hard to objectively compare his numbers against the same team (home and away.)
Good post. Rational... which is so rare these days.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

Not stoked about this game at all just like the first game. Without Ben, our chances are slim to none. In fact Charlie won't play the whole game. I got him getting hurt before the half. Just hope our running game shows up. If so, we have a chance.
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

I've always thought the whole "better at home, worse when away" deal was just based on coincidence/myth/non-mitigating factors. That goes for any team.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #17
Unkindness
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24512

I look up the lines for all of the games. Until yesterday, no one was taking action on this game at all. Now I have found one line with Ravens by 9 one with Ravens by 6.

Control matters I think whoever sets the tone wins. Honestly when Leftwich scored in the first three minutes I thought we had no chance. Probably true if he didn't get hurt.

A Ravens win will be the 13th division win in a row. Longest NFL Division streak since 2002. Ravens last AFC North loss Dec 5 2010.
Unkindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #18
objectivefan
Water Boy

Member Number: 20493

Without Ben NOT going to happen.
objectivefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #19
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Ray Rice-------Terrible Towel-------Nuff Said
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

The Steelers can do this.

if they don't commit a bunch of stupid turnovers, penalties, and special teams gaffs, they win. A tall order, based on what we have seen thus far from them though.