Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516
Default Re: DeCastro back

I think that Foster has been playing well enough, there's no need to rush him. Give Beachum a little help over on his side and see what happens. Only slide Foster to RT and play DD if absolutely necessary, meaning Beachum is getting destroyed. Which could happen but I think we will be okay. I don't think they will pal DD just to get him some game experience. The best player plays.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 13,983 Times in 5,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
I think that Foster has been playing well enough, there's no need to rush him. Give Beachum a little help over on his side and see what happens. Only slide Foster to RT and play DD if absolutely necessary, meaning Beachum is getting destroyed. Which could happen but I think we will be okay. I don't think they will pal DD just to get him some game experience. The best player plays.
Beachum is a rookie making his first start.

DD would be a rookie making his first start.

(Foster plays in either scenario.)

In my mind:
DD & Foster > Beachum & Foster

In other words, DD & Beachum are BOTH rookies... but, DD has far more talent... and, DD was the starter in pre-season (whereas, Beachum is a third-string player). As you said, the best player plays... which would be DD.

[Note: Only if DD is healthy.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #23
tarasovic2
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24503

Will this all be a game-time decision? with the QB situation the way it is and the OL now in major oongaposh mode -- there is too much uncertainty for any comfort.
tarasovic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Seems to soon IMO, I wouldn't rush him back. He's a rookie and he was beginning to play well, but putting him out there in a hurry is ridiculous for this situation. I know your supposed to try to win every game as a HC, but we're not going to do it with Batch and they won't give Hoyer a chance, so we're going to lose Sunday. But we're still going to make the playoffs and we're still going to see Baltimore once more, so there's no need to rush him. Plus I'm not confident that he will be better then Foster, Foster has been playing well and in the playoffs DD will likely be up against the best of the best, as a rookie who has played 3 or 4 games (if started now) so I wouldn't bring him back.

The only way I can see it having to happen is if Beachum can't get the job done at RT, but how long is he going to have to play? Isn't Gilbert ever coming back? Seems like DD had a much worse injury and he's already back, yet Gilbert hasn't even been considered as playable for weeks. Adams was playing RT pretty well too, he struggled at first, but he started doing good. How long is he supposed to be out for? If we only have one offensive tackle on the team capable of playing at the level needed, then maybe DD comes in and Foster goes to RT, otherwise let him heal and get him into the rotation occasionally, IMO.