Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418
Default Eating Crow.

Not that i was too vocal about it on this forum or elsewhere. I had given up on this team. I decided not to watch and i didnt give the steelers a chance. I honestly did not think they would score a TD. Turned the game on with 6 minutes left to see them win it so, i just want to apologize to the steelers and especially Charlie Batch for giving up on this team this week.

That being said, that superstitious part of me felt like if i didnt watch, they would win as well. I almost didnt turn on the last part of the game because of that. So ya, a bit of confliction there.

Hopefully we can win out and DESTROY these ratbirds in the playoffs with a healthy team cause we are A LOT better than the ratbirds despite the records.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
VTsteel
Starter

Member Number: 8161
Default Re: Eating Crow.

It will be interesting to see how many of the "The Season's Over" boo hoo crowd will own up that they jumped ship too early.

Let this be a lesson - It is not over until we are truly eliminated from the playoffs.

Over reacting with negativity is never the answer - hope and belief in the greatest organization ever - is the answer
Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

i wil own up. I never gave Charlie a chance. He did well and am very proud of his performance. Sometimes I need to remind myself; this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday. Fantastic!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Thank you for not watching. Today's victory was special and miraculous. I too am eating crow. The offense shockingly rose to the occasion for the first time in weeks.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
BlaZeQuietly
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Yeah Batch did well, surprised a lot of people including my self but I'm not complaining.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

ABSOLUTELY I'll own up and say I'll eat that crow regarding Charlie Batch....Didn't start out too well, but after he missed Wallace WIDE OPEN for that TD, he seemed t really just put that behind him and played at a high level the rest of the game....Nothing better than beating the Ratbirds....And again we had WAY TOO MANY mistakes and miscues but found a way to get it done anyway despite them....AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME win for the Black and Gold in Baltimore.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
ABSOLUTELY I'll own up and say I'll eat that crow regarding Charlie Batch....Didn't start out too well, but after he missed Wallace WIDE OPEN for that TD, he seemed t really just put that behind him and played at a high level the rest of the game....Nothing better than beating the Ratbirds....And again we had WAY TOO MANY mistakes and miscues but found a way to get it done anyway despite them....AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME win for the Black and Gold in Baltimore.
Charlie still isn't Ben. Fact is, Ravens D is not very good. But I'll give Batch for having guts and doing enough to win.

Threw a bad pick in the endzone and overshot a wide open Wallace for another TD.

Happy for Charlie and the team. I'm sure he had an unbearable week after the Cleveland game.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelerchad For This Useful Post:
casteeler (12-03-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

I'm still trying to think logically on why any Steeler fan would jump ship on the season when the Steelers would be in the playoffs if the season ended even before this game? What are you jumping off for? The Steeler have had more offensive line changes then Michael Jackson faces, our MVP is out, both of them, one of them for almost the entire season. Every single player on our team has had an injury this season and still, they just put themselves to control their own destiny for the playoffs and not only are the starters getting healthy, the reserves have gotten huge experience and even they have been playing like starters.

I'm sorry, but if the Steelers get into the playoffs with all their starters healthy, teams who play them in the playoffs are gonna get a rude awakening. The Steelers defense is AWESOME in a league right now that plays no defense. That will be a huge advantage come playoff time.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
...if the Steelers get into the playoffs with all their starters healthy, teams who play them in the playoffs are gonna get a rude awakening. The Steelers defense is AWESOME in a league right now that plays no defense...
along with Frisco, playing defense makes them both odd-balls
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I'm still trying to think logically on why any Steeler fan would jump ship on the season when the Steelers would be in the playoffs if the season ended even before this game? What are you jumping off for? The Steeler have had more offensive line changes then Michael Jackson faces, our MVP is out, both of them, one of them for almost the entire season. Every single player on our team has had an injury this season and still, they just put themselves to control their own destiny for the playoffs and not only are the starters getting healthy, the reserves have gotten huge experience and even they have been playing like starters.

I'm sorry, but if the Steelers get into the playoffs with all their starters healthy, teams who play them in the playoffs are gonna get a rude awakening. The Steelers defense is AWESOME in a league right now that plays no defense. That will be a huge advantage come playoff time.
I jump ship because of all the turnovers, penalties and mistakes. The way this team competes defies logic and convention. You would think with the killer turnovers today, especially the one by Sanders, they would've folded like a tent. Without their D, they would be below .500. Somehow they still soldier on. I don't know what to expect any more. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot and grinding painfully through games. Logic says that you can't keep that up and be a winning club but thx to the D, they are.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote