Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Eating Crow.

you guys that claim to have jump ship must be young bucks. ive seen lots of bad Steelers teams over the years. not once would I turn off the game no matter how bad. this team has nothing to be ashamed about!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
SoCalFan (12-03-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I jump ship because of all the turnovers, penalties and mistakes. The way this team competes defies logic and convention. You would think with the killer turnovers today, especially the one by Sanders, they would've folded like a tent. Without their D, they would be below .500. Somehow they still soldier on. I don't know what to expect any more. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot and grinding painfully through games. Logic says that you can't keep that up and be a winning club but thx to the D, they are.
Unfortunately that is Steelers football. When is the last time we blew someone out? I think even with Ben today with Wallace and Sanders dropping balls all over the place, we wouldn't have fared any better. Thank God for Heath Miller. He is a rock and Haley uses him a lot. I was happy that the Steelers Oline played pretty well for the most part today considering the shakeups. Pouncey seemed to do an excellent job out there and Legursky held his own at Center for the most part. Beachum did ok as far as I could tell.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,265 Times in 620 Posts

The thing Im pissed about last week still might not be corrected yet

I want to see them bring the same or near level of passion, excitement and will to win when we play teams like the raiders, titans, and browns

It drives me insane how they can go all out like this and defy the impossible but yet another week seem like football is the last thing on their minds

I didn't think we had much of a chance with this game because of our shaky O-line

How we won this game with

Starks-Pouncey-Legursky-Foster-Beachum

without Ben....is mind boggling

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #14
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Unfortunately that is Steelers football. When is the last time we blew someone out? I think even with Ben today with Wallace and Sanders dropping balls all over the place, we wouldn't have fared any better. Thank God for Heath Miller. He is a rock and Haley uses him a lot. I was happy that the Steelers Oline played pretty well for the most part today considering the shakeups. Pouncey seemed to do an excellent job out there and Legursky held his own at Center for the most part. Beachum did ok as far as I could tell.
Wallace and Sanders only dropped one ball each. What game were you watching?
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #15
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

I admit when Sanders fumbled away what would have been a TD, I thought we were so snakebit that not only the game but the whole season was over. For us to overcome 3 turnovers and Batch's horrible throw 10 feet over Wallace's head in the endzone is truly amazing.
The best part is that Joe (I'm an elite QB!) Flacco was outplayed by both Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch in both games we played them this year.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,311 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
I admit when Sanders fumbled away what would have been a TD, I thought we were so snakebit that not only the game but the whole season was over. For us to overcome 3 turnovers and Batch's horrible throw 10 feet over Wallace's head in the endzone is truly amazing.
The best part is that Joe (I'm an elite QB!) Flacco was outplayed by both Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch in both games we played them this year.
I was glad to see that they didn't bring Troy back full tilt. For first game back though, he was already flying around. Hopefully this means he wasn't rushed back and taking all this time will pay off. Hopefully we keep winning and Troy comes in and starts adding to the turnovers. We are starting to get them weekly now. Gotta keep it up!

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

yea we are better because of our D
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

If they gave an award for a team that has overcome the most obstacles we would win it hands down.

Through adversity...with perseverance...straight through to overcoming despite the obstacles.

I'm eating my wOrda with gravy and I don't mind. We squeaked one by this game but I am not going to give our offense props quite yet. They have not proven to be dependable or consistent. However our defense has been getting better and better and better. Let's not talk about our special teams either.

But we are doing better then one might expect when factoring in the fact we have been plagued with injuries since the start of the season, loss of our QB with no good replacement, worthless wide receivers (Wallace) cough. And so on. Consistancy is what wins not just a one game victory that was a last second win.

But let's admit it...it was nice to stick it back to the Ravens the same way they stuck it to us.

How's that nut soup taste now Birds of Blartimore?
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianKustomz For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (12-03-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Like I said, we can still win the division. Denver, NY and Cincy playing for the post season will be some tuff games!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Amazed

Didn't think they would win, but I did suspect an upset was very possible. I guess I was about 60-40 they would lose.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote