Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #21
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,380 Times in 4,015 Posts
Default Re: Bigmouth, Baltiturd fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnet View Post
Flacco was the only one to call Flacco an elite quarterback.
Oh hey Ravens fan. How's it going?

I'm kidding, I won't make it worse. Also, he wasn't. Even on the Ravens' official site guys were calling him 'underrated' and dare I say, 'elite'. I'm glad that level headed fans like yourself aren't making the same mistake.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
Ravnet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh hey Ravens fan. How's it going?

I'm kidding, I won't make it worse. Also, he wasn't. Even on the Ravens' official site guys were calling him 'underrated' and dare I say, 'elite'. I'm glad that level headed fans like yourself aren't making the same mistake.
Go check out some of the Ravens message boards right now and tell me that there are people who think Flacco is elite!

Even in the best of times, fans have regarded Flacco as a winner, although not elite as taken to mean a Brady, Manning, etc.
Ravnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,718 Times in 1,783 Posts
My Mood: Fine

glad to have you - purple camo pants and all - are you here on behalf of your other lackey-Ravens fans?

They sure had the Ravens blowing us out - where are they exactly? That's right - just like most Ravens fans I know - they are out in the parking lot taking the purple flags off the cars as we type . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

for the 1st time ever - i went over and checked out some of the posts on the Ravens' forum.

They're clearly obsessed with the play where Flacco was upright and the play was blown dead just before he got rid of the ball.
I will say this - and i'm being completely objective here - that exact same play is almost always blown dead - nearly 100% of the time - on any of the 32 teams. No reason to squabble over that call - its ALWAYS called...no matter who you are (except on Brady as he's allowed to get away with murder - seriously).

I was also a little shocked to see the viciousness and the hate being spewn about. As much as we bitch about things around here - we actually got "good people" around here for the most part.
I'm sure there's a few good guys over there too.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #25
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,104 Times in 3,421 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
for the 1st time ever - i went over and checked out some of the posts on the Ravens' forum.

They're clearly obsessed with the play where Flacco was upright and the play was blown dead just before he got rid of the ball.
I will say this - and i'm being completely objective here - that exact same play is almost always blown dead - nearly 100% of the time - on any of the 32 teams. No reason to squabble over that call - its ALWAYS called...no matter who you are (except on Brady as he's allowed to get away with murder - seriously).

I was also a little shocked to see the viciousness and the hate being spewn about. As much as we bitch about things around here - we actually got "good people" around here for the most part.
i agree, that plays almost always called dead for safety's sake. I can understand them complaining, but they've got to realize it's not going to change anything
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

sɹǝʇɐǝ ɹǝʇǝd ǝʃdɹnd
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i like the ravens fans, a little trash talk is fun sometimes!

some of them that visit this board are classy as well. if everyone liked the same team, it would be boring right?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #28
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post

If that's the call they're complaining about, it's laughable. Harrison had him dead in the flat and stopped when the whistle blew. Guy may have gained 2 or 3 yards instead of losing 4 on the sack, but it's not like he was going to run over James and then pull out his 4.4 speed and sprint to the endzone.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #29
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

I personally think it was a BS call. Flacco was in the process of throwing it and if the reason for blowing it is to "protect the QB" that wasn't done either because the only thing the whistle did was negate the reception. Flacco still got planted.

Now, that being said, that play had little to nothing to do with us losing. Taking all these insane shots down the field and not moving the ball. Plus thinking that Batch is incapable of hitting a receiver standing by himself 20 yards away also did us in. We were just lucky 88 decided to drop the ball and give us a fumble.

Bad game by the Ravens. Great plan and execution by the Steelers. We'll settle it in January.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #30
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I personally think it was a BS call. Flacco was in the process of throwing it and if the reason for blowing it is to "protect the QB" that wasn't done either because the only thing the whistle did was negate the reception. Flacco still got planted.

Now, that being said, that play had little to nothing to do with us losing. Taking all these insane shots down the field and not moving the ball. Plus thinking that Batch is incapable of hitting a receiver standing by himself 20 yards away also did us in. We were just lucky 88 decided to drop the ball and give us a fumble.

Bad game by the Ravens. Great plan and execution by the Steelers. We'll settle it in January.
I think it may be in the WC game. Looking at the Pats schedule, they have Houston and the 49ers next and then 2 division games. I'd be surprised if they finished better than 11-5.

But Denver has a cupcake schedule. They play the Ravens and 3 teams with a combined 9-27 record. I give the edge to Denver beating the Ravens and taking the 2 seed. I don't think the Ravens D could stop Manning at all, but even if they do, they have a tough schedule remaining.

I think it could easily shake out like this.

1 Texans
2 Denver
3 Ravens
4 Pats
5 Colts
6 Steelers

Uh oh.
I'd honestly rather go to Houston than Denver. Weather not an issue, in Houston, Ryan Clark can't play in Denver, and I think Denver has a better home crowd.

To me, this would be a bad draw for the Ravens having to beat the Steelers then go to Denver.

Lots of football left. We'll see what happens.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote