Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #41
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,618 Posts
Default Re: KC Chief Shootings

I bet you anything if Costas or Whitlock lives were in danger they wouldn't hesitate to pick up a firearm and defend themselves or their families.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #42
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post

On the other hand, he murdered his child's mother, then killed himself in what is nothing other than an unbelievably selfish and unforgivable act. And putting so many people (his child, families, the coaches) through such traumatic and awful experience.

this is the part people tend to keep over looking.... reserve the sympathy for the victims, not the trigger man. this woman did nothing to belcher that justifies him being her executioner.
i doubt nobody was shedding tears for the woman that killed mcnair and herself.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #43
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
My respect for Costas dropped to zero. That was fucking bullshit to go all political there. And what the hell is he thinking anyways? You mean to tell me a 230 lb man isn't capable of killing a small woman unless he has a gun? if you are in a state of rage enough so to carry out a murder, everything around you becomes a weapon; including your own bare hands.

It's terribly tragic. A baby just became parent-less and a 22 year old had her life ended way too early. To go and blame a gun is incredibly simple minded. Look at the person, not the object.
i wonder if the idiots suggested banning knives after the juice sliced up nicole brown and ron goldman...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #44
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i wonder if the idiots suggested banning knives after the juice sliced up nicole brown and ron goldman...
I was thinking something very similar. Costas has dropped to Jim Gray status in my book. The coincidental part of this thing is I just took the lame test in CA to buy a hand gun and am trying to help my wife accept I am buying a springfield XD 9mm. Literally the day after I mentioned it to her this $hiit happens.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #45
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I was thinking something very similar. Costas has dropped to Jim Gray status in my book. The coincidental part of this thing is I just took the lame test in CA to buy a hand gun and am trying to help my wife accept I am buying a springfield XD 9mm. Literally the day after I mentioned it to her this $hiit happens.
You really giving Costas Jim Gray status? That's cold. I wouldn't give Charles Manson Jim Gray status.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #46
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
You really giving Costas Jim Gray status? That's cold. I wouldn't give Charles Manson Jim Gray status.
OK, I was being a little dramatic. I cannot stand Gray. On a side note, Costas thinks Gray is the best sports reporter in the business. Its just horrible logic to blame the gun on the incident. Costas seems smarter than that.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

It really is puzzling why he would do this, I've never understood why someone with such a successful sports career can be that unhappy to kill his wife and him self. My career has been ruined by injuries and me getting in trouble and being incarcerated, I will never go anywhere in sports although I feel I have enough talent I spent time in prison and suffered two broken legs all within a 3 year time frame and it ruined a very promising baseball career, I'll never make it big, but I still would not do something like that. I never heard of the guy until this happened but damn, with all the success, he didn't realize how lucky he was, he could have gave him self, his wife and his daughter a wonderful life, instead he destroyed all three, it is truly a tragedy.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

ironic that he graduated with a degree in child development.

selfish moron.

BTW most big ticket concerts end past midnight. he killed his GF cause she got home "late" at 1:00AM

roid rage is a terrible thing.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #49
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain5643 View Post
I cant believe what idiot Bob Costas said before halftime ended on SNF.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #50
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ironic that he graduated with a degree in child development.

selfish moron.

BTW most big ticket concerts end past midnight. he killed his GF cause she got home "late" at 1:00AM

roid rage is a terrible thing.
Don't blame this on roids. How is that different from blaming it on a gun? The fact is when people are scared or their world is unstable they want to put everything in its place so they conjure up motives and reasons for the unexplainable to make themselves feel better.

There is no GOOD reason for Belcher to do what he did. Period. The rest is determining which factors added to his instability and violence.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lloydwoodson For This Useful Post:
VTsteel (12-08-2012)