Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #41
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts
Default Re: Will we run the table?

I think we can win out forsure. Here's the more important thing, though. I think the Ravens can lose out, or win one of the next four games.

Next week, they have to head into Washington to beat RG3 - that's not happening. If they couldn't blanket Wallace, Sanders and Brown when we had Batch at quarterback, how are they supposed to cover guys like Garcon and Moss with a mobile quarterback that can make plays with his feet? On top of that, they're a truly horrendous road team. I don't see them beating Washington - nuh uh.

Then, the Manning bros. come into M&T and we know how Joey plays against elite quarterbacks - not well. I think they both pick apart that brutal secondary and expose that pretend defense and both beat the Ravens. The Giants aren't a lock for the NFC East anymore and every game matters. I'll take Eli and Cruz over Joey and Smith any day of the week when it comes to a 'must win'. The simple fact of the matter is, Eli has proven he can win those types of games and Joey has shown - with great consistency, actually - that he can't.

It comes down to the Bengals in week 17. This is a game I see them winning, but I don't think it matters. If and when we beat the Bengals in week 16, that should secure us a playoff spot and ultimately, this game won't matter to the Bengals in terms of postseason success. That being said, they're going to play for pride in their own stadium which can have huge affects on a team.

Ravens fans are cocky and arrogant to think that these last 4 games will be a breeze. It's not even completely out of the question they go 0-4 and miss the playoffs. While I doubt that happens, I think they squeak one win out in their last 4 games and go 10-6. Do you know what that means? They have to come into Heinz Field against a healthy Steelers offense and defense and beat us. In our own home. Facing Roethlisberger.

That shit ain't happening.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #42
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
My Mood: Devilish

Quite true.

Steelers, Heat, Caps, Nats, Kevin Harvick #4
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

I think with indy having 2 possible losses to houston, ravens dropping 3 heading into cincy, cincy will be playing for the last playoff spot between them and the ravens, so that last game will be a key one for several teams
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #44
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Please God let us worry about one game at a time. I want the Steelers to concentrate on the Chargers this week and only the Chargers. We can scoreboard watch later. With that said I think last nights Redskin win was big for us. Now the Redskins are in the hunt and NY feels teams on their back and since both are on the Ravens remaining games they will be tough outs. Downside is Cowboys are back in the hunt but with all the histroy between our teams I think it means little. I want the Steelers to beat Dallas and not just because they are Dallas but with a win we will "sweep" the NFC east and I have too many Cowboy, Giant, and Eagle fans down here that need some crow to eat. Back to the Ravens Cincy will give the Ravens all they want, they have in the past and I expect no less, and Peyton has a history of torching that team and plus the Broncos are playing for seeding position. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the Ravens could indeed lose 3 of 4 if not all remaining games. But first things first, we need to take care of Chargers, Raven week last week, this week Charger week.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #45
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
With four games left, our competition here is;

VS Chargers
@ Cowboys
VS Bengals
VS Browns

I say the biggest challenges are the Boys and Bengals. The Cowboys will be playing for their lives by then, and the Bengals will try and snatch the 6th seed from us.

I say we go 3-1 and end up 10-6.
Concur on 3-1 last Sunday was huge. Steelers make the playoffs and maybe emerge real healthy and kick butt and win it all
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #46
nj1923steelgirl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24521

Sounds great to me!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #47
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013