Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #11
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: 10 reasons to like PITT over SD

I was at Parris Island, on duty, i heard some of the game out of the DI's radio while the platoon was at chow, we were winning and i thought it was agiven..ouch!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #12
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
1995 AFC CHAMPINSHIP GAME!!!

Linebacker Kevin Greene was so upset that he greeted reporters in the locker room still dressed in full uniform from a crawl position and tearfully shouted at them: "You . . . get out of my face."

Linebacker Greg Lloyd was so shocked that he sat alone on a bench in the Steelers' weight room looking down at the ground without talking for 20 minutes before joining his teammates in the locker room.

Ohhh the pain!
That was the dumbest loss ever....it kept us from stopping the Niners from getting another SB win....ugh...thanks alot for bringing it up.
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Sure will admit, I don't miss the days of home AFC Title Game losses.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #14
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Yes played in 95, 94 season! & the bolts proved they did not belong in the SB getting blown out by the 9ers...
Let's not kid ourselves - the Steelers would have gotten blown out by the Niners, too. That team was sick.

Also, the Chargers were a much better team than the Colts, who almost beat the Steelers the next year in the AFCC Game. 11-5, 5th on offense, 9th on defense, and in a deeper division than Pittsburgh. The Steelers got to beat up on terrible Houston and Cincy teams four times that year.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,968 Times in 8,005 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Reason #14:
Philip Rivers is the antithesis of "clutch."

He has thrown an INT on the final drive, more times than I can remember. Just this past week: he was driving down, against CINCY, with 1:55 left. He marched 65 yards, into the red-zone... and then threw a game-losing INT. This happens regularly.

With Rivers' O-line now in shambles, on any given play, Harrison will either get a sack OR force Rivers to throw quickly (which, in recent history, has led to an INT).

I am guessing that PITT's defense will hurry Rivers on 85% of the passing plays, resulting in 5 sacks, 3 batted passes, 12-15 incompletes/balls thrown away, 2 INTs (with 3 more clanging off a DB's hands). Speaking of DBs, I also see 3-4 passes defended.

Doing some quick math, that makes for a stat-line for Rivers of something like this:
10/35 for 155, 1 TD, 2 INTs
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #16
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I hope Woodley is healthy enough for this game to come back and play effectively. 3 new offensive linemen, including a LT, spells a field day for Woodley and Harrison.
I'd like to see Worilds play again. He seems to be getting it and should be the answer to Harrison's departure next season.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #17
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I'd like to see Worilds play again. He seems to be getting it and should be the answer to Harrison's departure next season.
Why are you so quick to get rid of Harrison? He's starting to beast again and his style, which doesn't rely on speed, should allow him to play at a high level for a couple more years.

Worilds doesn't look nearly as good on the weak side as the strong, either.

If we let James go over money, expect to see him getting double digit sacks and strengthening NE's defense. And God forbid he gets to play us.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,968 Times in 8,005 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Let's not kid ourselves - the Steelers would have gotten blown out by the Niners, too. That team was sick.

Also, the Chargers were a much better team than the Colts, who almost beat the Steelers the next year in the AFCC Game. 11-5, 5th on offense, 9th on defense, and in a deeper division than Pittsburgh. The Steelers got to beat up on terrible Houston and Cincy teams four times that year.
Interesting fact about the 1994 AFCCG:
the Steelers & the Bolts were #1 & #2 in rushing (Barry "Bananas" Foster & Natrone "Bomb" Means)... yet, they each only had 60 yards rushing in that game (and an un-named Steelers QB threw for, what was then, an AFCCG passing yards record). It truly was a strange game.

Oh, and Eric Greene laying down on the 3 yard-line, and not rolling into the end-zone (let alone even attempting to get up) still kills me.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #19
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

don't jinx us
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
1995 AFC CHAMPINSHIP GAME!!!

Linebacker Kevin Greene was so upset that he greeted reporters in the locker room still dressed in full uniform from a crawl position and tearfully shouted at them: "You . . . get out of my face."

Linebacker Greg Lloyd was so shocked that he sat alone on a bench in the Steelers' weight room looking down at the ground without talking for 20 minutes before joining his teammates in the locker room.

Ohhh the pain!
... but the self-named 'Big Play' Ray Seals had taped the Steeler's video before what I still consider to be the most-inexcusable loss in team history