Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #11
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,248 Times in 4,388 Posts
My Mood: Worried
Default Re: My wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
A woman can and will change. My wife was a Redskins fan when I married her. She never even mentions them or wants to watch them anymore. Total black and yellow. She gave me an entire Steeler room for my birthday. Painted it herself....its awesome! She loves the Steelers, watches the games, goes crazy with me, never complains about the money I spend to go to a game or two every season and a Steeler win is always a good night!
your wife is definitely a keeper...

what made her be a Redskins fan?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,248 Times in 522 Posts

Dude, you did it. AWESOME. Good for you dude, other than the day you got married or the birth of your children (if you have any) this should be one of the greatest accomplishments of your life! My girl was always a Steelers and Pittsburgh fan, but only because I was. Now, I have her texting me "HEAAAATHH" and getting mad at special teams when they make a bad play like Jacoby Jones. It's a good feeling! GO STEELERS.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #13
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Mine claimed that I made her despise football because of the way that I acted when I watched a game. 20 years later, she wears Steeler shirts and socks and just bought me a football shaped rug from the beer delivery guy from where she works. It might take time but they will come to their sences eventually.

My aunt just switched over from being an Eagles fan too, bless her heart.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #14
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I am proud to announce to everyone after 6+ years of marriage and my wife being a Ravens fan (didn't know it when we got married-lol) she text me just a few minutes ago that she's done and she wants to go out with me tomorrow to buy her Steelers gear!

Can I get a Congradulations and an AMEN!

Took 6+ years but I finally got her! Now she's perfect! LOL.

GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!
Very loyal and faithful of her. Not a red flag or anything. Hope you never get fired lol.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Sweet. I remember the first time I notice the change in her was when I got tickets the other year to the Baltimore Pittsburgh game (50yard line 3 rows back...awesome); played at Baltimore for our anniversary. I promised her I wouldn't root for the Steelers to show her how much I loved her (that didn't last very long) but I did refrain from gloating when we beat te Ravens. I saw the glimmer in her eyes while watching a real team show how footbal is to be played. The Ravens fans were jerks (I was one of the few done in my Pitts gear) screaming at me, name calling etc. but she say next to me with a twinkle in her eye wishing she was a Steelers fan. That little seed I planted started to grow. I gently watered it, gave it just the right amount of sun and spoke to it ever so gently..."I will never be seen in public with you in Ravens gear"...and then then fruit of all my labor...I recieve a text from her wanting Pitts gear! No if I can just get her to text me Heeeeaaatttthhh at the right time I can gasm with a smile.

YEAH BABY! Merry freaking Christmas to me! Next step is to let me burn her Ravens stuff. Hee hee hee.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianKustomz For This Useful Post:
SteeleReign (12-06-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I am proud to announce to everyone after 6+ years of marriage and my wife being a Ravens fan (didn't know it when we got married-lol) she text me just a few minutes ago that she's done and she wants to go out with me tomorrow to buy her Steelers gear!

Can I get a Congradulations and an AMEN!

Took 6+ years but I finally got her! Now she's perfect! LOL.

GO PITTSBURGH!!!!!
Nice!!! I dream of that day myself. My wife (and all her annoying, smack-talking family) are Ravens fans. She's brainwashed my 9 year-old daughter into a Rats fan too.

If she thinks my 1 year-old son is going over to the dark side too, well, we may have a problem.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

Not in my house. I would never let her pollute my kids that way. She used to put my one daughter in a RATBIRDS outfit just to get a rise out of me but proof of whether or not your a good parent or not comes into play when your kids are faced with a decision of right or wrong and they choose the right decision...

Well my daughter raised such a fit that she didn't want to wear no stinking Ravens gear that now all she wears are Steelers stuff. Ha ha. I'm a good parent!
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,755 Times in 1,799 Posts
My Mood: Fine

When your wife is calling you "a ***** for only checkin on the score cause you have a poor wittle headache" you got a keeper.

The first time I heard her swear like a sailor at a Steelers game: 2004/2005 AFC champ game and my reaction was "DAMN - she's the one."

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #19
jrompola
Water Boy

Member Number: 18963

My wife is not in to sports, but I have her trained to scream murderer every time she sees Ray Lewis or hears anything about the Ravens. I have her trained not to schedule anything during Steelers games. I had her trained to hate william gay. I had her trained to hate when Carter flexed his skinny muscles.
jrompola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
My Mood: Amused

My wife is a die-hard Redskins fan (as is the whole family)! I knew i had a keeper when she sounds just as bad or worse than i do watching the games!! I support her, and she supports me! She cheers for the steelers just like she will the skins, Unless we are playing each other then its game on! LOL Theres no bringing her over to the good side, Its the way her grandpa raised them, and im ok with that. My next step is going to get my son ( who will be born in february, to don the BLACK & gold, and not the BURGANDY & gold! It's going to be a tough task but i am up for the Challenge!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote