Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Onwards and Upwards: Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Norv Turner sucks. And he is finally gone. Who knows what that will do to the team. They might try to fight for a win for Norv or just go through the motions because they really don't like him. Who knows.
When did they fire him?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,114 Times in 4,701 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
When did they fire him?
Norv Turner and AJ Smith are reportedly both going to get fired at the end of the season but it hasn't happened yet.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Norv Turner and AJ Smith are reportedly both going to get fired at the end of the season but it hasn't happened yet.
I saw the rumors, but LV was stating it as fact and that it would impact the team immediately. I thought he may have a source we didn't see yet. I don't put much stock in rumors turning a team one way or the other.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Quote:
I saw the rumors, but LV was stating it as fact and that it would impact the team immediately. I thought he may have a source we didn't see yet. I don't put much stock in rumors turning a team one way or the other.
no, just a rumor at this point still but it's probably more like a foregone conclusion. the only thing that surprises me is that those two have kept their jobs for this long.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
BlaZeQuietly
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Anyone predicting a Steeler blow out must be smoking crack.. This team does NOT blow people out. I'd love to see a 35-10 victory, but once we get up by 10 points we go into run down the clock mode. 23-16 Pit.
As far as the cowboys beating the Bengles, That will probably happy 24-20 Cowboys. Unfortunately Indy will beat Tennessee 31-13. Leaving up at 8-5 and 6th seed for now. However the Colts play the Texans twice still, and they are going to lose both of those games (21-17 and 24-17 respectively) and with us running the table down the stretch were gonna be the number 5 seed, unless the Ravens implode, which they might because they really do suck, and I'm not just saying that as a Steelers fan I'm saying that as someone with observational skills.

I can't wait until this healthy Steelers team makes a run, we've got a real shot at #7 this year folks!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #16
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

We actually want the Bungles to win so they have something to play for on their last game
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Realisticly we might be battling the Bengals for the final WC spot. Any loss by them is a win for us. Let's at least wrap up a WC before we can start rooting for the Bengals to beat the Ravens. We might actually need the Ravens to win that game just for us to get into the playoffs.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
Realisticly we might be battling the Bengals for the final WC spot. Any loss by them is a win for us. Let's at least wrap up a WC before we can start rooting for the Bengals to beat the Ravens. We might actually need the Ravens to win that game just for us to get into the playoffs.
agreed...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #19
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,945 Times in 8,704 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
When did they fire him?
I live in SD, and the local newspaper guy (Kevin Acee) wrote an article, citing an "inside" source. He stated that Dean Spanos's son would take over as the GM after the season.

Dean, obviously, denies it.

The local radio guys are saying, as we all know in SD, that Acee is not a headlines hound, nor a rumor-mill. He usually reports what he actually has heard (credibility). The radio guys are basically guessing that Dean had told his son, who told a few other people, and while they were trying to keep it "quiet", someone found out... and told Acee.

Now, if this had been Nick Canepa who wrote it, I would say that it is 100% true. Not because I like Canepa better and/or I trust him more; it is because Canepa is AJ's lapdog. Just this Monday, Canepa wrote an article about how AJ is NOT to blame... blah, blah, blah... Thus, as soon as Canepa "has" to write that AJ is being fired, then we will know it is finally no longer a rumor (because, Canepa will no longer be able to apologize for "his guy").

REGARDLESS, it is probably weighing on Norv's mind... because, the papaers, TV, and radio are all discussing it... and everyone (except Canepa) agrees: good riddance!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,945 Times in 8,704 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
Time for some positives for this weeks game.

1) Big Ben is back. This one is a no brainer. BB back is a huge lift for the offense. No doubt. Wallace should eb doing jumping jacks; Wallace will have 3 for 107 & two TDs.

2) Sloppy Pittsburgh winter weather. Not the sunny warm days San Diego losers are used to. Football weather. Warning: bad weather can be the great equalizer. Still, I see the Steelers at home fairing better than the Bolts.

3) Coming off the win over the Ravens, it's time to show that we can put together a post season run. Crushing the Chargers will be a good start, and I think we'll do just that. The loss to the Browns was the wake-up call needed.

4) O-Line should be a little healthier. Beachum was looking good in there, and we need Ben to stay healthy. Looking for them to step up their game. Indeed. Conversely, the Chargers are starting to O-linemen who were on the street last week (and a third who was low on the depth chart).

5) Harrison looks like he's getting back to his old self. IMO, he's playing to justify that big contract he has, so expect him to hit Rivers hard. I have predicted in many threads that James Harrison will either have 5 sacks or create 5 INTs. The Bolts' O-line is in shambles, and Rivers was already a turnover machine.

6) Phillip Rivers sucks. Rivers likes throwing game-losing INTs.

7) The Chargers suck. The Bolts/Rivers/Norv have had a good December record (like 21-5)... but, I just do not see them pulling it together this year. They are sliding badly, and Rivers is pressing, and their O-line is horrid.
My favorite thread of each week.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote