Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,286 Times in 4,508 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: James Harrison starting to look like old self again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
The simple fact of the matter is this draft is littered with guys that can get to the quarterback faster than Harrison can. Keep in mind these guys are rookies and will have a learning curve, but they're still faster and more agile than James is right now.

We can thank James for the last decade of consistency, but it's time for him to head for greener pastures. I think it's a similar situation with Hines - if he's run out of time with the Steelers, I don't know if he wants to wear anything other than the Black and Gold.
Don't you mean the last decade of ass kicking consistency?

If Harrison is let go after the season, the big question will be if Worlids can step in to the spot. I don't think the FO is going to put faith in a rookie (but then again it doesn't matter what I think). Right now it looks like we have more depth at wr and safety, so if money is the big issue, we might see Wallace or Polamalu gone and not Harrison.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,714 Times in 4,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Don't you mean the last decade of ass kicking consistency?

If Harrison is let go after the season, the big question will be if Worlids can step in to the spot. I don't think the FO is going to put faith in a rookie (but then again it doesn't matter what I think). Right now it looks like we have more depth at wr and safety, so if money is the big issue, we might see Wallace or Polamalu gone and not Harrison.
The front office has changed its ideology on rookies starting and Chris Rainey and AB have shown it. Worilds hasn't shown he can do anything as a weak side 'backer and has ultimately become replaceable on this roster.

If Manny and Mike leave (I very, very much doubt Manny goes anywhere) WR is our thinnest position. We'd have to draft a Robert Woods or acquire someone like Bowe in FA. However, I consider this to be a non-issue, so moving on.

I would like to see Troy retire. I wouldn't even mind packaging Troy, Mendenhall, Keisel and Dwyer for a first round pick to a desperate team that is willing to take a chance with these guys (assuming they're resigned). But, that's just me.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 11,286 Times in 4,508 Posts
My Mood: Tired

well, only time will tell. As for now, I'm happy with the way Harrison is playing, and the defense as a whole is playing great. We're going to make a run for the SB. Can't ask for anything else as far as this season is going.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Have you forgotten Harrison had surgery in the preseason, he is just now getting healthy from that, so I think he will finish his contract at the least. Troy is finally getting healthy too, Hampden is finally getting healthy from a major Knee injury. Just cause they got injured doesnt mean their careers are over. Yeah we need to start looking for their replacements (we tried with Taamu) but these guys are not finished yet.
Rotorhead is online now   Reply With Quote