Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 3,957 Times in 2,035 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Terrell Suggs surrenders firearms

Terrell Suggs' longtime girlfriend claimed in a protective order filed last month that the Ravens' Pro Bowl outside linebacker punched her in the neck and drove a car containing their two children at a "high rate of speed" while she was being dragged alongside.

The reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year has since been ordered to turn over seven guns, including an AK-47, according to a temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court. Suggs does not face criminal charges related to the alleged early September incident.

Candace Williams filed the temporary protective order requesting that Suggs not abuse, threaten, harass or contact her, according to the document obtained by The Baltimore Sun on Friday.

Williams filed the order on Nov. 20, a day after Suggs filed a custody complaint alleging Williams had endangered the children on multiple occasions.

"I'm fully aware of the content of her complaint," Suggs' attorney, Warren Alperstein, said. "Terrell has fully complied with the court order. There has been absolutely no finding by any court that Mr. Suggs committed any wrongdoing. As it stands now, this is a temporary order that we are confident will favorably resolve for Mr. Suggs in the very near future."

Ravens director of team security Darren Sanders denied that Suggs' firearms included an AK-47, but he confirmed that one of the guns was a shotgun.

Under state law, a judge is authorized to order someone to surrender firearms if they find there are reasonable grounds to believe the person seeking a protective order has been abused. It is not a finding of guilt and the other party does not have to be present at the hearing.

"In this case, no allegations have been made that any weapon has ever been used," Alperstein said. "Terrell continues to deny the allegations."

Attorneys for Williams declined to comment Thursday.

Suggs issued the following statement Friday through his publicist: "My fiance and I have two beautiful children together whom we both love and care for tremendously. The personal issues that the two of us have faced recently have been addressed in a responsible and adult manner and have been resolved. I am certain that we will get through this matter and move forward as a happy family."

Ravens coach John Harbaugh had nothing to say Friday about the legal situation involving Suggs, saying: "It's a personal matter."

Baltimore County police said two calls to 911 were placed from Suggs' address on Nov. 21, though no reports were taken.
Under the protective order, Williams was granted exclusive use of a 2008 Hummer and Suggs was ordered to pay emergency family maintenance in the amount of $40,000 per month, starting Nov. 20, at the office of her lawyer, Charles E. Brooks.

In Suggs' complaint against Williams asking for immediate custody of the couple's son and daughter, he alleged that she is verbally abusive to the children, smokes marijuana while they're in the home and utilizes corporal punishment against them.

Suggs added that Williams took the children away from the home just prior to his travel for an away game, saying that to "not inform him of their whereabouts is of grave concern and further evidence of defendant's intention to deny plaintiff access to his children."

In a previous incident involving the pair, Williams alleged that on December 2009 Suggs, "held me down on the floor and poured bleach on me and our son, held me down on the floor and kicked my face and broke my nose. Throughout our relationship since early 2007, he has punched me in the face and stomach and threatened to take the children from me if I left him. He stole my ID so I could not leave."

Williams was granted a protective order, which was later rescinded roughly a month later after the couple reconciled and she dropped a $70 million lawsuit against the NFL star.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,144359.story

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383
Default Re: Suggs surrenders his guns

Thanks 5.0. I didn't realize this would belong in the general football section. I spend most of my time in this section so my bad. Maybe one of the mods could move this to the appropriate section for me.

To the other responses: yes it may be jumping the gun but this isn't a first for Suggs and looking at his personality, his aggressiveness and overall attitude it wouldn't surprise me if he did do it. There is nothing nice about him. Everything he does is with selfish motives or is about publicity or money. He even said it himself. So I have no respect for that phony. He is disrespectful and just a dbag as someone put it.

Yeah Harrison hurt but he's with us so how hard can we be on the guy. (double standard...yes)

Overall they players have a ton of money and can buy the best attorneys who can fanegal their way out of most things or plee bargain amazingly. Most players are guilty they just get off on technicalities. Look at Ray Lewis. I know many will disagree with me but I still think the man was guilty and found an OJ Simpson jury. However I could be wrong. That's why they are called opinions. I just particularly spelliminate Suggs.
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,480 Times in 774 Posts
My Mood: Breezy

In addition to "jumping the gun" as you put it, and by applying a "double standard" as you put it, you lose a bit of credibility. I hate Suggs, but don't make it sound like the Steelers only employ boy scouts and choir boys. We've had our share of "bad boys."
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #15
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

I really don't mind Suggs. But we've had our share of off the field issues. Cedric Wilson had a dom. abuse charge against him. As did Harrison. Ta'Amu embarrassed this team, Ben has had two run ins ( don't want to start another huge debate on this but it happened ). Bam Morris - MJ, Holmes - MJ, even ward got pulled over for a DUI.

We are not immune to these things.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I'm sorry if I am being out of line here, but was I the only one that read the title of the post at first glance with "Suggs surrenders his gums"? Because, when I did, I was thinking in that mil-second, wow, that's pretty noble.
I thought it meant he was having surgery on the bicep...
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Terrell Suggs' girlfriend claims he punched her in neck
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Dec. 7, 2012 at 07:01 p.m.

We now have more details about the domestic case that prompted Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs to surrender his gun collection to authorities. It's not pretty.

According to the domestic complaint obtained Friday by The Baltimore Sun, Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle. The woman said she suffered "severe road rash" as a result of the incident.

As is standard protocol in the wake of a complaint of this nature, Suggs was ordered to turn over any firearms in his possession. The Sun reported he turned over seven guns. WBAL-TV reported Suggs surrendered nine.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ed-her-in-neck

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
steveironcity
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1135

Just as long as he dosent surrender them to Ray Lewis

Steelers- 6 time Super Bowl Champions
Pirates- 5 time World Series Champions
Penguins- 3 time Stanley Cup Champions
Panthers- 9 time National Champions
steveironcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,043 Times in 1,955 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Okay, so according to the temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court, Suggs was ordered to turn over an AK-47.

But Ravens director of team security Darren Sanders denied that Suggs' firearms included an AK-47, but he confirmed that one of the guns was a shotgun.

So do I believe a legal document or someone affiliated with the Ravens organization?
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #20
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Okay, so according to the temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court, Suggs was ordered to turn over an AK-47.

But Ravens director of team security Darren Sanders denied that Suggs' firearms included an AK-47, but he confirmed that one of the guns was a shotgun.

So do I believe a legal document or someone affiliated with the Ravens organization?
Let's ask Tico what he thinks.

Honestly, does this question even need asked?

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote