Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
pancake
Head Coach

Member Number: 13552
My Mood: Hungover
Default Re: The Steelers, playoff caliber?

wow, we stunk it up today...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowland2110 View Post
This isnt a one time thing. Its a pattern. Tomlins teams have lacked discipline even the year we went to the SB again GB. How we even got there still amazing me. I NEVER thought the steelers played clean enough football to get there and it is the reason why we lost..

The jury is still out but right how i can say things look good for Tomlin as a coach. The undisciplined and unprepared football started to creep into this team after SB 43 and it has only gone down hill since then.
Explain how Tomlin the dumb coach got his team to beat the Ravens with a 3rd string Qb.?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
wow, we stunk it up today...
Agree. 100%
Old 12-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
JewniorGong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17286

Of course we can win the Super Bowl.. there are only good teams in the playoffs

What I want to know is when the adjustments will be made to actually come out prepared to play bad teams. I see the teams we struggle against get slaughtered on a week to week basis and just bury my head in my hands
JewniorGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
WVABE
Team Captain

3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Member Number: 24111

Back to back neutral zone infractions don't happen to play off caliber teams.
Losing on a consistant basis to sub 500 teams instant play off caliber team.
Bragged up wide recievers constantly dropping catchable balls arnt worthy of being part of a playoff team.
WVABE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11185

There isn't a huge difference between good teams and bad teams in the NFL. A few plays here and there will change most any game unless you're an elite team. We are not an "elite" team this year. We are a good/average team. So it doesn't surprise me that we can beat the Giants but lose to the Raiders. Every game can go either way pretty much.

With that said, I like Tomlin, but I'm really bothered that TWICE he kicked the extra point when we were down by 18. Even if the possiblity of winning was remote, anyone with any football IQ knows to go for 2 in that situation to make it a two score game. It really bothers me that he missed something so basic TWICE. And, if you're going to say that he had already given up, I'd except that argument, but then why is Ben still in there risking injury after missing three weeks with injury!?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

The only way Tomlin leaves this team in the next 3-5 years is if he steps down on his own. Just not going to happen with this organization. One reason is there is a lot to be said for continuity in the NFL, Steelers FO does not make rash and knee jerk decisions. We let other teams make those kind of snap judgments. Second they have been around the league long enough to know you are not going to win every game, or make the playoffs every year. This team has some guys who are past their prime, and we have young guys that we have not even had a chance to see what they can do (DeCastro and Spence come to mind) we have guys that are just getting their chance and are looking very promising (Lewis and Cortez) Lets play out the season and see what they can do and still hope they can hot, not going to be easy, but it could happen.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

[QUOTE=FacemeIke;1061062]There isn't a huge difference between good teams and bad teams in the NFL. A few plays here and there will change most any game unless you're an elite team. We are not an "elite" team this year. We are a good/average team. So it doesn't surprise me that we can beat the Giants but lose to the Raiders. Every game can go either way pretty much.

This statement here is the most honest and fair appraisal of this and many other teams in todays NFL. As Steeler Fans we expect more and are spoiled to a certain extent.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Im not saying fire Tomlin but come on

give it up guys

Tomlin and the coaching staff deserve to get chewed out for not preparing the team in these so called Trap games

This sh** is happening way too much now.

I never count out the Steelers but something has to be done about their lack of consistency and discipline
Give us your master plan..... we're waiting....
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
JewniorGong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17286

I don't want Tomlin fired.. I want him to not get complacent and allow the team to get complacent for teams with bad records. You can just tell they have this relaxed, fat-and-happy attitude in these games.. on some "well we beat Baltimore we can take these guys" just hoping to get by because they know they're better. Well no, you're better partially because you're MENTALLY tougher, but if you concede the mental edge to the opponent, allowing them to be the hungrier, more urgent team, you're setting yourself up to fail. I feel it is on Tomlin to maintain the attitude of hunger and urgency that keeps the players at their peak performance
JewniorGong is offline   Reply With Quote