Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Beat the Cowboys at all cost

Beat the Cowboys, SWEEP the NFC East. NFL network"s favorite division and we could and should pull off a rare sweep, Eagles here, Redskins here, Giants on the road, and now the Cowboys at Jerry's place. BTW Eagles game was really the only one we had to pull out, without the blatant home cooking at the Giants we dominated and Redskins were handled pretty easy as well as RGIII. If the team that was peaking during that stretch were we went from 2-3 to 6-3 we CAN beat anybody. Injuries and new offensive game plans got us off to a slow start, NEW multiple injuries sidetracked us, now its a matter of Ben playing like he did 4-5 weeks ago. Have faith Steeler nation.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Steelers won't win unless Ben leaves his ego at home, the offense stinks when they try to play homerun ball. Quit forcing the ball to Wallace.

And Haley is a complete idiot. Seemed like every running play was with a single RB 8 yds deep in the backfield, even on 4th and inches. Where were the multiple formations, the screens and checkdown passes? You telling me Charlie Batch can win with that plan, but Ben can't?

Huff huff huff - we're the mighty Steelers and we'll just do what we do....huff huff huff - chestbump.

To win the offense needs to get their head out of their asses and go back to ''take what they give you" kinda ball, instead of Ben trying to play hero, throw to Heath fucking Miller for chrissakes!!!
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Ben?lol I do not think he was the cause of the loss.

Tomlin and Haley blew it, the team in generalblew it. I do not see where its Ben's fault. He didnt force anything, Wallace and Brown choked.Wallaces attitude plain and simple sucks. Going in front of the fans after the first Td in the middle of a blow out? If Tomlin had any balls, both he and Brownshouldve been benched.

There is no discipline on this team, and no accountability. ST penalies continue yet to benching. BS penalties continue yet no discipline.

Im sure tomlin again, took full repsonsibility, again as always thanks Mike. Its comforting to know.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #14
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Steelers won't win unless Ben leaves his ego at home, the offense stinks when they try to play homerun ball. Quit forcing the ball to Wallace.

And Haley is a complete idiot. Seemed like every running play was with a single RB 8 yds deep in the backfield, even on 4th and inches. Where were the multiple formations, the screens and checkdown passes? You telling me Charlie Batch can win with that plan, but Ben can't?

Huff huff huff - we're the mighty Steelers and we'll just do what we do....huff huff huff - chestbump.

To win the offense needs to get their head out of their asses and go back to ''take what they give you" kinda ball, instead of Ben trying to play hero, throw to Heath fucking Miller for chrissakes!!!

Ben's not trying to play hero. If anyone is to blame for what you're saying - its more on Haley's shoulders. You can bet your a** that Haley is calling plenty of plays making Wallace the #1 target. Problem is----Wallace isn't executing at the elite level we'd like him to.
Ben had a number of perfect thows yesterday...right in the hands of Wallace, Sanders, and i think there was another i just can't recall it now. Those 3 catches are made (and should have been), there's another 100 yards to Ben's numbers and probable scores for us too.
Ben was playing as much as a "team guy" as anyone out there yesterday was.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Yep for all intents and purposes the Playoffs have started for the Steelers
This game is not really all that important, though I hope the team treats it as such. They could lose this game and win out to take a wildcard.

Obviously, I hope they smoke Dallas, but Dallas is in a playoff fight of their own and they're not going to lie down.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
nj1923steelgirl
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24521

I dont like Dallas or their fans.....I hope we kick Cowboy ass!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #17
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Ben's not trying to play hero. If anyone is to blame for what you're saying - its more on Haley's shoulders..
I called it before the game started when I told some buddies ...."You watch, the offense will come out thinking they are hot shit now with Ben out to prove he's back, the dink and dunk won't be good enough them, I predict a lot of 3 and outs....that's the only way we lose this game"
Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
Terminator
Team Captain

Member Number: 24492

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Wallace isn't executing at the elite level we'd like him to.

Most people don't want to hear this, but we did not give Wallace the contract he wanted. I don't blame him. He has no motivation to perform for Pittsburgh and does not want to risk injury. He will be one of the hottest Free Agents this season.

Bellechick alone said he was very interested in him over the summer.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #19
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Ben?lol I do not think he was the cause of the loss
I didn't say that, but it got your attention

Ben being Ben wasn't enough, was it?

yeah - I blame Haley, he still has the stink of a loser on him from KC, I fear he's cursed

just a year ago........

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has got to be getting a little but hot under the collar as the humiliating losses keep piling up..
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
I don't give a damn what has to happen this week, they better beat the Cowpukes. Life is miserable after losing to the Cowboys, because we only play them every 4 seasons.
Technically we can still make the playoffs even if we lose to the Cowboys.

However, the bad taste of such a loss would linger and may infect our chances to win the other games.