Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,820 Times in 914 Posts
Default Re: preparing to start

The question becomes if they put DeCastro at RG and Foster at RT. I think that puts your 5 best linemen on the field, but not sure if he has the quickness to handle edge rushers better than Beechum. Put the brace on Decastro and its good to go.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,968 Times in 8,005 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
The question becomes if they put DeCastro at RG and Foster at RT. I think that puts your 5 best linemen on the field, but not sure if he has the quickness to handle edge rushers better than Beechum. Put the brace on Decastro and its good to go.
Who & how aligned would your "top five" be?

To me, it's:

Starks - Foster - Pouncey - DD - Beachum/Adams

Are you suggesting (I am reading between the lines, but please, correct me if I got the wrong impression):

Starks - Pouncey - Legursky - DD - Foster
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
VaDave
Team President

Member Number: 479
Thanked 1,621 Times in 919 Posts

I was just joking about the 55-0 quip. As for the reality check, I'm dead serious. Most teams in this league can't even field 22 competitive players, let alone going as deep as we have been forced to in our depth chart.

My gosh man, your expectations are just a little high my friend. Look, I want them to win just as badly as you do, but we played this game with a a severly crippled OL, and secondary. Just because they are wearing black and gold, doesn't make them automatically championship players.

There is a reason starters are starters. The reason is they are better players.Then logic should tell you that each time Next Man Up happens, your team gets weaker. Eventually, you are playing in a confused state as positions and duties change each time a man goes down. When it happens during the game to 4 or more players, it's over. IMO, there was no logical reason for this team to have won this game.
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,047 Times in 418 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity4Life View Post
Losing to San Diego was almost squarely on the defense for not creating any pressure, leaving guys wide open, and ultimately allowing them to score.

Yes, Ben WAS rusty, but didn't you notice him hitting his stride towards the end? If the defense would have prevented the scoring, maybe we'd all be here celebrating one for the W category??

agreed, plus coaching.....ben certainly wasnt the reason we lost
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #15
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Quote:
Losing to San Diego was almost squarely on the defense for not creating any pressure, leaving guys wide open, and ultimately allowing them to score.

Yes, Ben WAS rusty, but didn't you notice him hitting his stride towards the end? If the defense would have prevented the scoring, maybe we'd all be here celebrating one for the W category??
I feel pretty strongly the Steelers are better than their last three opponents. Win OUT! Ben will play hard, and the D will top, it is about game management and the referees and the bounces, the refs which are known to blow calls always and determine outcome and bounces which cement referee blunders or neutralize or counter them, I strongly believe the Steelers can win out.

We need to pick a running back instead of making them all tentative

We need to blitz more and be aggressive on defense

we need to have ONE game where the referess do not screw us. That fumble pass against SD was forward

Go Steelers 2006 deja vu :hatsoff :
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
JewniorGong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17286

Why bother with the "We should bring him along slowly" stuff? He has missed 13 games. He was activated weeks ago, and has been practicing. He's not a China doll, he's a football player. If he can play and is better than what we have, let him loose
JewniorGong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #17
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

o line has to play better than last week....that was sad
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #18
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
It's a shame they have to use him, id feel better if he was brought along slow after his injury.
He was. He's been training and preparing for weeks since being reactivated.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:

Yeah but come on. What like 3 first downs the first half with one trip over the fifty?

If you want to blame the D special teams has to be mentioned because of the short filed SD had all day. And the offense basically gave up 14. The D wasn't the sharpest but the offense was terrible and except Suisham, ST's was worse. Coaching was at the bottom of the pile too.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,755 Times in 1,799 Posts
My Mood: Fine

the defense isn't going to hold every team they face to only 1 or 2 TDs - just not realistic nowadays. The injuries are pilling up again, and again, and again, and oh yea, two of our play makers don't give a shit. the best weapon on O (Brown) decides to play like garbage now too.

We need to go on a winning streak in the worst way. Can you imagine if the meltdown continues? This team has some intangibles they don't currently have - 1 being another leader on offense besides Ben. Also, need someone vocal on defense. Also - we need to see them be accountable and actually have an identity.

Every single one of these players are professionals, but they aren't playing like a Steeler is expected to play. Think Franco Harris feels that these guys have heart? Hell no.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote