Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Three Areas of Concern, and the X-Factor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24;1061323[B[B
]]Ben is going to get injured again [/B][/B]if that OL can't protect better

Cincinnati especially will eat them up

This game felt like one of those old Patriot Beatings from when they were cheating

By the time the ball got in Ben's/RB hands their D were far too much in our backfield

The use of the snap count was horrible...

And on the flipside as you say, Our Pass Rush Sucked something awful. They picked up virtually every blitz we threw at them

This has to improve if we want to do any damage in the Playoffs where we will face Elite QBs.....Not only our blitzes getting home but we have to generate more pressure with just 4

He's also going to get injured again if he doesn't stop sliding "headfirst". On 3 of his rushes yesterday, he slid feet first only once.
When he's not sliding feet first, that makes him a legitimate target and he's going to take a VIOLENT hit out there that could end it all.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

The Chargers had their best game of the year yesterday. That wasn't all due to us. Then a bunch of fluke stuff happened. Norv Turner knew more than all of you...he knew that if he punted that ball late in the 3rd quarter the Steelers were going to win that game. That fake and the subsequent drive was the six minutes that won the game for the Chargers. Norv was operating under no illusion that they were the better team. It's the NFL, really dumb, frustrating junk happens. If you gage the Steelers and their season by that game, then you don't know the Steelers (I know, I know here comes the "Raiders, Titans, Browns" mantras....save your time and energy.)

For all of you people who love the, "You are what your record says you are." Then guess what, "You are what your post season position says you are." Then as of right now, we are a playoff team. Period. End of story. If you tell me that the season is not over. Fine. But the teams trying to catch this "mediocre team" are BEHIND US! HELLO! In other words the Jets, Bungles and everyone else not seeded sixth are less than us...what makes you so sure they will become world beaters and catch us?

If you want to point out places where we need improvement...cool. But those of you who are bailing on this team before the final whistle in an elimination game...why are you even an NFL/Steelers fan?
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #13
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,823 Times in 1,837 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
The Chargers had their best game of the year yesterday. That wasn't all due to us. Then a bunch of fluke stuff happened. Norv Turner knew more than all of you...he knew that if he punted that ball late in the 3rd quarter the Steelers were going to win that game. That fake and the subsequent drive was the six minutes that won the game for the Chargers. Norv was operating under no illusion that they were the better team. It's the NFL, really dumb, frustrating junk happens. If you gage the Steelers and their season by that game, then you don't know the Steelers (I know, I know here comes the "Raiders, Titans, Browns" mantras....save your time and energy.)

For all of you people who love the, "You are what your record says you are." Then guess what, "You are what your post season position says you are." Then as of right now, we are a playoff team. Period. End of story. If you tell me that the season is not over. Fine. But the teams trying to catch this "mediocre team" are BEHIND US! HELLO! In other words the Jets, Bungles and everyone else not seeded sixth are less than us...what makes you so sure they will become world beaters and catch us?

If you want to point out places where we need improvement...cool. But those of you who are bailing on this team before the final whistle in an elimination game...why are you even an NFL/Steelers fan?
I totally get what you are saying. We are a 6th seed, and still have a good chance of making the playoffs. I think the real source of the arguments of "so what, we're a 6th seed, whoop-de-doo, this team isn't capable of doing anything with it" is that there are a lot of issues staring this team in the face, and it isn't just Xs and Os - the lack of desire and the Brett Keisel quotes cannot be understated IMO. The season comes down to the next 3 games, and basically, I just think it is frustrating as hell to have to wish and hope based off of what the XL squad did, as well as what others (Packers, Giants), and I emphasize this, have done in the past. What has happened, has no bearing on what could happen. It is really hard envisioning this version being capable of changing their hearts/mindset, thus - we have to HOPE they pull something out - and that at this rate, it really would be against all odds. There is a tall, tall mountain to climb, and for the realists (including myself) that doesn't bring us any comfort.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
JeromeBetties63
Starter

Member Number: 19049

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I totally get what you are saying. We are a 6th seed, and still have a good chance of making the playoffs. I think the real source of the arguments of "so what, we're a 6th seed, whoop-de-doo, this team isn't capable of doing anything with it" is that there are a lot of issues staring this team in the face, and it isn't just Xs and Os - the lack of desire and the Brett Keisel quotes cannot be understated IMO. The season comes down to the next 3 games, and basically, I just think it is frustrating as hell to have to wish and hope based off of what the XL squad did, as well as what others (Packers, Giants), and I emphasize this, have done in the past. What has happened, has no bearing on what could happen. It is really hard envisioning this version being capable of changing their hearts/mindset, thus - we have to HOPE they pull something out - and that at this rate, it really would be against all odds. There is a tall, tall mountain to climb, and for the realists (including myself) that doesn't bring us any comfort.
I hear you. My hope lies in the fact that there have been some flashes of what the offense could be. Lebeau can come up with a game plan for any team in an elimination game that will keep us in it. I still think we have a shot to gel and make a run. Until they tell me were out....I choose to be a Steeler Fanatic and believe!
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote