Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #31
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510
Default Re: Curse of the Terrible Towel lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
if we knock the ravens out of the playoffs, i don't care what happens after that, super bowl or no it was a good season :)
My thoughts exactly
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kent For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #32
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24505

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Nice try, Mr. Fan of Regular Season Gatorade Bath Team. But wrong as always.
I'm sure we're the only team ever to give our coach a gatorade bath during the regular season ever, right?

I'm not a fan of it, and was kind of annoyed when they did it the second time, but frankly, who cares? It's like you guys use it for fap material or something.
terpsnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #33
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
I'm sure we're the only team ever to give our coach a gatorade bath during the regular season ever, right?
In professional football? Yes...they are. Or at the very least, the only team to do it when no division or playoff berth has been clinched. I guess there's a slight chance that some bottom feeder team that has never won anything or clinched a division before has done this in some dusty recess of NFL history.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of it, and was kind of annoyed when they did it the second time, but frankly, who cares? It's like you guys use it for fap material or something.
Then don't bring up how the fans and players celebrated after beating the Ravens when you know full well that your team made giant jackasses out of themselves (twice) last season by giving Harbaugh golden gatorade showers.

But hey...no one should be surprised, they do it in preseason too apparently.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...torade_sh.html

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 12-12-2012 at 09:10 AM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #34
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
In professional football? Yes...they are. Or at the very least, the only team to do it when no division or playoff berth has been clinched. I guess there's a slight chance that some bottom feeder team that has never won anything or clinched a division before has done this in some dusty recess of NFL history.

Then don't bring up how the fans and players celebrated after beating the Ravens when you know full well that your team made giant jackasses out of themselves (twice) last season by giving Harbaugh golden gatorade showers.

But hey...no one should be surprised, they do it in preseason too apparently.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...torade_sh.html
We were discussion emotion after the game and leading into how you play the next week. Not gatorade baths.

I wasn't making any snarky comment on how the Steelers reacted to last weeks win. It was definitely a big win. Only that your team was obviously on an emotional high after the win and then came out the next week and got dominated by a team that everyone thought you were going to beat.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #35
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
We were discussion emotion after the game and leading into how you play the next week. Not gatorade baths.

I wasn't making any snarky comment on how the Steelers reacted to last weeks win. It was definitely a big win. Only that your team was obviously on an emotional high after the win and then came out the next week and got dominated by a team that everyone thought you were going to beat.
No, I understood the point you ended up making....but you had this to say first.

Quote:
To be honest, you'd think you guys had won the Super Bowl after beating us last week...
Ravens fans really have no place to talk in that regard lol.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #36
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,923 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
No, I understood the point you ended up making....but you had this to say first.

really, neither Ravens or Steelers fans have much to brag about right now. Who knows Terps, we could beat you again in the playoffs, and with the lack of discipline this team has, do the same thing all over again and not show up the following week.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Quote:

Sorry - that was regarding the reaction in this forum - I should have been more specific. And frankly, if you look at the jubilation on the boards, it was insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
really, neither Ravens or Steelers fans have much to brag about right now. Who knows Terps, we could beat you again in the playoffs, and with the lack of discipline this team has, do the same thing all over again and not show up the following week.
100% agree. I don't really think either of our teams has a chance in the playoffs currently. But you never know, it's all about who gets hot at the right time. We're both suffering from a ton of injuries (with many players that won't return at all this season), so the ability to "get hot" is diminished, but still there nonetheless.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #38
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

Quote:
Sorry - that was regarding the reaction in this forum - I should have been more specific. And frankly, if you look at the jubilation on the boards, it was insane.

100% agree. I don't really think either of our teams has a chance in the playoffs currently. But you never know, it's all about who gets hot at the right time. We're both suffering from a ton of injuries (with many players that won't return at all this season), so the ability to "get hot" is diminished, but still there nonetheless.

That came from the fact that alot of us didn't expect Batch to play that way and for us to come out with a win in Bmore. And the fact that Batch played horribly the week before and that win will go down in history as the "3rd string old geezer beat you" game.

More salt in the wound. That's what I enjoy the most
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #39
terpsnation
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
That came from the fact that alot of us didn't expect Batch to play that way and for us to come out with a win in Bmore. And the fact that Batch played horribly the week before and that win will go down in history as the "3rd string old geezer beat you" game.

More salt in the wound. That's what I enjoy the most
I think that's a very apt name for that game - lol. Alas - more to add to the rivalry I suppose. The fact that some people don't consider our rivalry the best in the NFL continues to confound me.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #40
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
I think that's a very apt name for that game - lol. Alas - more to add to the rivalry I suppose. The fact that some people don't consider our rivalry the best in the NFL continues to confound me.
I agree, it is the best rivalry in football.
Pittsburgh's gotten the better of it, but it's been more even recently. The real difference to this rivalry is the fact that the Steelers have won all of the truly big games. The Ravens haven't been able to win in the playoffs or even in a late season division clinching situation against the Steelers.

The best part of this rivalry is that both teams are 1-2 in the division almost every year and are usually in the playoff mix until the last week of the season. There's always something on the line in these games.

Packers-Bears is probably #2 IMO. I know Dallas-Skins folks say theirs is best, but both teams have been invisible in the playoffs for most of the last 15 years.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote