Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2013 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000
Default Thoughts on 2013 rb prospects

Based on our current situation at rb I believe there is a need to draft one this week. Which prospects would you like to see get drafted
I would look at four

Montee ball- a noise for the endzone good vision decent speed
Leevon bell- big back decent speed hits holes pretty good was a playmaker behide a awful line at Michigan state
John Franklin - overall good back
Or
M lattiemore- I know he coming off 2 knee injuries but he is very talented and will fall in the draft
WokeUpWithaWoodley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Thoughts on 2013 rb prospects

We don't need a RB! We need the FB that we have on the roster to actually be used!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Yeah personally I say... give Dwyer a chance, with Decastro in the lineup ... but that's not saying I couldn't see Haley getting a 3rd round RB ... on a Kenjon Barner type back ...

you got to remember Haley doesn't like the big power backs like that... He would rather have McClusters and Charles ... and I see Kenjon Barner being able to play that style of play , excellent speed and able to catch the ball
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,559 Times in 4,092 Posts

Dwyer is a truly mediocre back. He needs to be replaced.

The best RB in this draft was Lattimore until his injury. I know he's declaring for this draft, but there's no way he'll be ready for next season. He just can't be - that injury was gruesome and horrifying. That being said, a team will still use a third / fourth round pick on him despite his injury. Whether or not we should use one is up for debate.

I think we should grab either Bernard or Davis - Davis in the later rounds. I know this defensive class is absolutely stacked and taking an offensive player seems like a wasted pick, but that's our current situation. Dwyer has been a massive disappointment in his playing like and this has unfortunately lead us to taking a running back in a draft that is stacked with defensive players. Grabbing someone like Giovani from North Carolina would give us a back that runs like a Matt Forte - quick with explosive play ability and fast getting around the edges.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote