Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Steelers Cowboys thoughts

This is a thread for POSITIVE thoughts on the upcoming game. If you are one of the many doom and gloomers or crybabies on this forum please do your sniveling elswhere. That being said, I am hoping for a solid debut of DD to help shore up some Oline troubles and get our running game back on track.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
NyGiantz
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8211
Default Re: Steelers Cowboys thoughts

The Cowboys got their motivating after death whatever you wanna call it, win against the Bengals. They are due for a severe let down this week, especially against a good defense with an ailing Dez Bryant.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This is a thread for POSITIVE thoughts on the upcoming game.
Translation: Don't post on this thread if you want to discuss the Steelers objectively.

Quote:
That being said, I am hoping for a solid debut of DD to help shore up some Oline troubles and get our running game back on track.
A rookie with not even a single NFL game of experience is going to save our running game and team?

Yeah, I will leave this thread so you and your boyfriends can sword-fight in private..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
fer522 (12-12-2012), tanda10506 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Your a fuckin moron, learn to read
Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Your a fuckin moron, learn to read
Says the bonehead that doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

Look, dude, I am not going to sit here and argue with you-- life is too short to waste it on juvenile crap like this.

Sorry if you think my assessments are too negative-- but I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I am usually one of the few posters that doesn't jump to knee-jerk reactions after a bad game or two around here-- you would know this if you have read my posts for any length of time. I never go along with the "fire _____" threads, and don't think we are in a red alert situation.

You probably read my "disturbing trends" thread, which was an unusual one for me. It was supposed to be tongue-n-cheek, which I thought I conveyed in the first sentence when I made a quip about "venting mode".

I prefer to be realistic in my assessments though. I will always cheer for the Steelers, and not count them out until they are mathematically eliminated.

But I am being completely realistic here-- taking all the injuries into consideration, and trends we have seen from teh Steelers this year, they just aren't a very good team this season.

I can live with that.

But I'll be damned if I can't even discuss the issues as I see them, just because it hurts some more sensitive people's feelings.

Last edited by Riddle_Of_Steel; 12-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
fer522 (12-12-2012), FrancoLambert (12-12-2012), Rick5895 (12-14-2012), The_Joker (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,694 Times in 4,774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
A rookie with not even a single NFL game of experience is going to save our running game and team?
Actually, that's exactly what's going to happen. Colon is notoriously bad at pulling and David made a living at Stanford doing exactly that. He allowed what, one sack during his tenure while protecting Luck? Colon was an aggressive guard that played with passion and heart but this often lead to penalties - something DeCastro didn't do at Stanford.

But no, don't let facts get in the way of doomsday predictions.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
Rotorhead
Team President
Supporter

Sorry forgot you're the internet spelling police as well as an asshole, i said "I was hoping for" a solid debut, not expecting one. Thatis what you missed. And since i post from my cell phone i frequently shorten words and sometimes dont capitalize or use punctuation and dont correct spelling as i dontcare enough to deal with the pain in the ass of fixing it. Oh the horror of improper grammar on the interwebz!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
kent
Bench Warmer

Speed Racer Champion! Big Truck Adventures 3 Champion! Bejeweled Champion! Helicopter2 Champion! Plupon Champion! Chain Reaction - Newgrounds Champion!
Member Number: 24510

Im a realist and also look at things objectively but I think this thread is meant for the fans that aren't saying how bad we are and that we're done for the season. I think it was meant to be for the fans that realize we are still in the playoff picture and still have an opportunity to do some good things. That being said I believe the Steelers have a great chance in this game. Romo is turnover prone so hopefully we can finally get some momentum changing turnovers. Field position will be key as well as controlling to time of possession by running the ball effectively.
kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Actually, that's exactly what's going to happen.
You sound awfully self-assured, considering he has yet to play a single down of football in the NFL.

Quote:
Colon is notoriously bad at pulling and David made a living at Stanford doing exactly that.
So pulling is all that is expected out of a guard in the NFL? How is he expected to do in pass protection? Will he cause any neutral zone infractions being completely new? Will he have some trouble picking up the playbook he has not participated in all season?

Quote:
He allowed what, one sack during his tenure while protecting Luck?
Yeah and Tim Tebow was supposed to carry his Heisman-worthy play into the NFL, not complete 43% of his passes. We can only predict so much from college performances.

Not saying Decastro will suck (I hope not), but I don't see where you have anything convincing here.

Quote:
Colon was an aggressive guard that played with passion and heart but this often lead to penalties - something DeCastro didn't do at Stanford.

But no, don't let facts get in the way of doomsday predictions.
You have no facts that pertain to Decastro in the NFL. Denis Dixon was awesome in college, but was an interception waiting to happen in the NFL. Tim Tebow was supposed to be the next best thing to happen to teh QB position snce gloves and he stinks.

We can only draw so many conclusions from college ball performances. Some of that just does not translate into the NFL.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry forgot you're the internet spelling police as well as an asshole,
I am NOT the spelling police. But it takes a lot of gaul to call someone else a moron when you are blatantly murdering the English language in the same sentence. You lose some credibility...

Quote:
i said "I was hoping for" a solid debut, not expecting one. Thatis what you missed.
Fair enough.

Quote:
And since i post from my cell phone i frequently shorten words and sometimes dont capitalize or use punctuation and dont correct spelling as i dontcare enough to deal with the pain in the ass of fixing it. Oh the horror of improper grammar on the interwebz!
Again, I couldn't care less. But I am not going to call someone else a "moron" while committing blatant language errors. Go out on a limb and it might break....