Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #31
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 6,674 Times in 2,546 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Steelers Cowboys thoughts

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #32
Cyphon
Head Coach

Member Number: 24613
Thanked 1,787 Times in 918 Posts

One thing I feel confident in is our success vs the rest of the NFC East so far this season 3-0. Some might not look at numbers like that as significant but I do. Just look at our struggles vs the AFC West. Losses to the Raiders, Chargers and Broncos as well as a near thing vs the Chiefs.

Ben should be back to game speed adjustment as well so hopefully we get the W.
Cyphon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #33
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Key to beating the Cowboys= actually play 60 minutes of NFL football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post

don't implode (ala Cleveland with turnovers), play tough & physical, keep it close

given-time, Romo will screw the pooch
Old 12-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #34
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,129 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
This is a thread for POSITIVE thoughts on the upcoming game. If you are one of the many doom and gloomers or crybabies on this forum please do your sniveling elswhere. That being said, I am hoping for a solid debut of DD to help shore up some Oline troubles and get our running game back on track.
OK here's mine:

My neighbor, Frank, is a transplanted Yinzer who still owns property in Pittsburgh and, naturally, has been a Steeler fan all his life.
He was actually AT the Immaculate Reception game and is a fountain of Steeler history (as well as a frequent source of Steeler bling which he graciously shares with me).

Anyway, a buddy of Frank's from Dallas has secured tickets to the game and has invited Frank to attend and I believe that Frank's presence in Dallas will provide a tremendous amount of good Steeler Karma that will travel from him to the team and we will prevail!

I believe in "The Power of Frank"!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #35
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

go Frank
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #36
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
The defense just needs to get off the field on 3rd downs. Now, I say that WITH the caveat that the offense needs to carry its mother effin weight for once in our lives. Can we get ANYBODY to step up. The defense can only make so many stops before they get gassed.
The defense needs to help itself. The 2nd drive of the game, SD went 14 plays. Were they gassed after one drive?

Opening the 2nd half, 17 plays by SD. Gassed after halftime and a half-ending possession by the Steeler offense?

If they want to get off the field, they should get themselves off the field and stop putting the offense inside the ten yard line.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #37
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

31 sacks allowed, 16 picks, 3 lost fumbles by Romo. Can our defense, who doesn't get to the QB or take the ball away, have an awakening? It would be nice. Even though they are holding scoring down, which is their primary job, they do allow the field to be flipped on almost every possession. All it takes is a couple first downs and then our offense is once again facing a 80+ yard field.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #38
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
31 sacks allowed, 16 picks, 3 lost fumbles by Romo. Can our defense, who doesn't get to the QB or take the ball away, have an awakening? It would be nice. Even though they are holding scoring down, which is their primary job, they do allow the field to be flipped on almost every possession. All it takes is a couple first downs and then our offense is once again facing a 80+ yard field.
the defense has done plenty to earn their keep. There's plenty of other offenses that are capable of scoring, starting at the 10-20 yard line,or at least making it to mid field to change field position. These guys need to start stepping up a lot more. I think they are capable (Cincy, Giants game) - but, damn -we just can't stay healthy - I hate saying that because it sounds like an excuse - but we really need the same guys on the field to get into any rhythm for the post season. Just my two cents.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #39
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
OK here's mine:

My neighbor, Frank, is a transplanted Yinzer who still owns property in Pittsburgh and, naturally, has been a Steeler fan all his life.
He was actually AT the Immaculate Reception game and is a fountain of Steeler history (as well as a frequent source of Steeler bling which he graciously shares with me).

Anyway, a buddy of Frank's from Dallas has secured tickets to the game and has invited Frank to attend and I believe that Frank's presence in Dallas will provide a tremendous amount of good Steeler Karma that will travel from him to the team and we will prevail!

I believe in "The Power of Frank"!
"... hmm-HAAA, dear-caller... the Terrible Frank...

... is POISED-TO-STRIKE!!!"
Old 12-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #40
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

In terms of injuries, it hasn't been a good year for Dallas. As much flack Wade Phillips got for being "soft", he actually did alot of good things here, one of them being he knew how to keep this team healthy, and consistently at that. Also, I don't remember his team blowing 4th quarter leads like Garrett has(with the exception of the game against our teams we saw in 2008, when Dallas was up 13-3 in the 4th - no pun intended).

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...-surgery.html/

NT Jay Ratliff expected to miss remainder of the season after sports hernia surgery

Jay Ratliff is the latest Cowboys starter to be lost to surgery.

The Pro Bowl nose tackle underwent surgery for a sports hernia Thursday morning in Philadelphia. He is likely out for the remainder of the regular season.

This has been one of the more frustrating seasons of Ratliff’s career. He missed the first four games of the season with a high ankle sprain and the last four with this injury.

That means Ratliff has played in only six games this season. There are 14 players on the team with more tackles. He has no sacks and has not forced a turnover.