Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
steelersfan299
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24619
Default 2013 Steelers Draft Prospects

I think they should draft somebody who can play DE/OLB. I don't know if James Harrison will be with the team next year, but if he is not we have a major hole to fill at right OLB. We could also use another pass rusher since Cameron Heyward might end up being a bust, Ziggy Hood isn't that good, and Brett Keisel is aging.

A lot of people are saying we should go after a cornerback or safety, but I think another pass-rusher is more important, What do you guys think?
steelersfan299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: 2013 Steelers Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan299 View Post
I think they should draft somebody who can play DE/OLB. I don't know if James Harrison will be with the team next year, but if he is not we have a major hole to fill at right OLB. We could also use another pass rusher since Cameron Heyward might end up being a bust, Ziggy Hood isn't that good, and Brett Keisel is aging.

A lot of people are saying we should go after a cornerback or safety, but I think another pass-rusher is more important, What do you guys think?
Cameron Heyward is not a bust! He is the next Richard Seymour. Keisel has been playing lights out to keep his spot imo.

Hood is good. He is coming into his own. 42 tackles and 3 sacks is respectable. He is no Aaron Smith but who is?

Depth could definitely be added at DE later in the draft.

I think OLB gets drafted first. Clark and Polamalu have another year in them. I think 2012 was Harrison's last year. I am so thankful I got to watch him play. He was the most dominant 3-4 Steelers OLB yet. I like Mingo personally.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Since it looks like we may have to go to free agency to get a good HB, I agree; draft a pass rushing OLB. Who'se out there?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Hood is good. He is coming into his own. 42 tackles and 3 sacks is respectable. He is no Aaron Smith but who is?
exactly, I've been trying to tell people that. anyone expecting hood to be aaron smith in his prime is setting themselves up for a letdown. smith is easily one of the best 3-4 DE's of alltime.

anyway concerning the draft:

we don't need to go corner if we can keep lewis, we are set there. ike/lewis are a strong tandem, and cortez allen is money as a nickel back. he even proved he can handle the heat on the outside if needed. I still haven't lost hope in curtis brown, i think he could pan out with more experience.

safety would be good to address somewhere in the draft.

outside backer might be a position of need because of harrison's future, but i'm not sure we'll go that route. worilds has been good this year in the time he's been given, and although woodley had a down year, i think he can rebound. we might be OK at this spot.

inside backer, we have foote who is serviceable, if we can land a stud at this position then do it because I'm not sure how spence's recovery is going after literally destroying his knee. he might not ever play football again, that was a totally devastating injury for a player that relies on speed and quickness.

we have a need at running back, especially if mendenhall can't be kept in pittsburgh, but that might be better addressed through free agency because there's no backs in this draft that really stand out to me.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,775 Times in 4,299 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

I like Hood, and I think Heyward will be able to be a starter for this team. I think the pass-rush suffered this season because Harrison wasn't at full strength and Woodley wasn't showing much either.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

heyward is a beast, not a bust... he should start over hood, who is the bust. and worilds will do just fine in harrisons place
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #7
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDestroyer View Post
heyward is a beast, not a bust... he should start over hood, who is the bust. and worilds will do just fine in harrisons place
Just fine doesn't get you in the playoffs. When we lose James whenever that is we need something better then worlids. He is a great Bach Up but we need to take another look in the draft.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #8
Shady
Water Boy

Member Number: 24250

Worlids can play the OLB and Harrison is rumored to be taking a pay cut so they can split time. There are about 6 safeties that can make an impact within the first 3rds. There are also some decent corners. We need a tight end somewhere in this draft as well with there being no timetable for Millers return and he is getting up there in age. We are also going to need a half back within the first 3 rds. Rainey was cut and Mendenhall is gone. We also need a wide out if we are not gonna resign Mike. If we lose Wallace and Miller is hurt for a decent amount of time next year we are going to be losing 16 touchdowns between the two of them. If Te'o is not there when we pick at 17 I want to trade our first to the Dolphins for there two second rd picks.
Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

I don't disagree we need an OLB howver I also believe we need leadership which is why if Manti Te'o iavailabe I believe we should draft him.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

I think to some degree we can all agree that we would all love to have a 49er type defense but you have to do really bad for several seasons in a row to get that type of team. I'll stick with what we have with pride.