Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #41
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321
Default Re: This is a critical stretch for coach T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
This^. My contention with Ben for years has been that he used to act like he was the team, and that when he retired there would be no more Steelers. Sorry, but he is just now good enough to be Bradshaw's towel boy, and the Steelers rolled on without Bradshaw. They will continue without BR.
Oh my, where to start. Just now good enough to be Bradshaw's towel boy? Did you watch the first five years of TB's career?

And exactly how did the Steelers roll on without TB? They rolled to a bunch of bad to mediocre seasons in the 80s, followed by some good teams that were always shy a franchise QB the next fifteen years.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #42
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,128 Times in 3,910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
This^. My contention with Ben for years has been that he used to act like he was the team, and that when he retired there would be no more Steelers. Sorry, but he is just now good enough to be Bradshaw's towel boy, and the Steelers rolled on without Bradshaw. They will continue without BR.
Well, I think congratulations are in order. This might possibly be the dumbest thing ever written in English. I mean, that's a pretty impressive achievement.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #43
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

Unforunately its not the dumbest, i mesn we did have a Ravens fan state Flacco was good, just sayin
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #44
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It has nothing to do with the fact that the franchise quarterback went down. Or the fact that the second string went down as well. Oh, and before that, our defensive playmaker and best Safety in the NFL went down, as well as rotating in and out our Pro Bowl OLB's.

When this team was 6 - 3, we were absolutely rolling. You're sitting there with a straight face and telling me that the offense hasn't made drastic strides since week 1 playing in Denver? We had the number one offense on third downs until Roethlisberger went down. We had the ball for an average of 35 minutes a game - tied for second in the NFL - when he had Big Ben at the helm. After we beat the Giants, we had one of the best teams in the NFL - no question. Inexcusable losses to Tennessee and Oakland early in the season are beginning to come back and haunt us, but by midseason, we had one of the best teams in the league.

When Ben went down, things went down the tubes. Not having your franchise guy and instead, a third string quarterback, is a good way to derail any teams season. The fact that we're still in the conversation for a playoff spot shows the resilience of this team and the ability to fight through adversity.

This team has made significant strides since early in the season but shockingly, when Ben went down, it went off the rails. How about we keep the doomsday talk to a minimum until we've actually been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Maybe that's asking too much.

You make a great point; but tell me, who made the decision to keep Leftwich and Charlie Batch? Why is it that this team simply doesn't seem to be focus when they play teams of lesser talent? I'm going with the Head Coach. It is his responsibility to ensure this team is focus and ready to go. I'm curious to see if Tomlin brings back Leftwitch again next season. I've said it before, I don't think this guy has a keen eye for judging talent at all. Byron Leftwitch?

I still recall the game against Baltimore in Pittsburgh; Leftwitch takes off running, gets into the endzone, falls down, and he is injured. Give Me a (BLEEP) Break!!!! Nobody even touched this guy, he falls down, and he's injured. He's not durable at all, why is he still on the team? Somebody! Somebody please explain that to me.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote