Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #21
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts
Default Re: Connecticut school shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
first reports were wrong - like so many times before - he's 24

School shooter identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, he killed his mother during massacre, officials say

The gunman who killed 26 people, 20 of them children, in Newtown, Conn., was 24-year-old Ryan Lanza and he targeted his mother, a kindergarten teacher who was among the dead, sources told NBC News.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...-targeted?lite

yeah - Now they’re saying Ryan had nothing to do with it, that Adam was the lone shooter and was autistic with a personality disorder

pretty shitty press corps if you ask me - at least name the right guy
Of course the media posted the Facebook profile of the 24 year old brother as the shooter

Reporters and producers around the country, frantically searching for information online about the alleged school shooter and found what seemed like a match. Ryan Lanza, 24, was believed responsible for the deaths of 27 people in Newtown, Conn., at the Sandy Hook elementary school.

The Facebook profile showed a Ryan Lanza from Newtown, Conn., who currently lives in Hoboken, N.J., and is a male who looks like he’s in his 20s. It fits the police description, so countless news orgs ran with it in stories and tweets.

Problem is, it seems to be the wrong guy.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/m...ng-ryan-lanza/
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #22
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,488 Times in 2,333 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

sick in the head, man
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #23
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
sick in the head, man
Here's another:

Fischer: God Didn't Stop CT School Shooting Because He's a 'Gentleman' Who Doesn't Go Where He Is Not Wanted

Bryan Fischer spent the first hour of his radio program today discussing this morning's truly horrific shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut, which he, of course, blamed on the fact that prayer, the Bible, and the Ten Commandments are not taught in public schools.

Fischer said that God could have protected the victims of this massacre, but didn't because "God is not going to go where he is not wanted" and so if school administrators really want to protect students, they will start every school day with prayer:

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

The story makes me ill. My eyes watered up watching some of the scenes unfold earlier today. It's a sickening story. One can't even fathom how even the most mentally deranged in society could inflict that sort of horror on little children. I don't think many people would have flinched were he taken alive and sentenced to death by burning.

But with that said, and prayers and condolences offered to the families and the communities, the true way to start preventing this from happening in the future is in rebuilding our families, rebuilding our communities, and rebuilding our societies. It isn't in sweeping gun control laws that trash our 2nd amendment and make victims and prey of law abiding citizens all across the country.

I blame the media, honestly. I was a teenager in the 90's and our parents had no idea just how destructive the music and the youth culture that arose from it and much of our `entertainment` created. But we were also alive in the 80's and so we could understand when we aged and got a little wiser that it was a fad and not a way to actually live or conduct ourselves. It was just a teenage fashion.

People ten years younger than I, I feel, have no such perspective. They've been born into a wildly degenerate society and that is all they know. Vile music, degenerates praised as "artists" and `entertainment` that is trashy and culturally worthless at best and destructive to society at worst.

I don't think it is a coincidence that so many of these maniacs were born after 1990.

Everyone is to blame. We have turned a blind eye to the direction the media-barons have been leading this nation and pretended our children will be forever isolated by it, even if they have responsible parents, or won't be affected by it.

And now we're soon going to have a conversation thrusted on us about fire-arms where Americans will be expected to give up more liberty in the name of security and real problems of our society will continue on as usual.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,795 Times in 2,678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post

I don't think it is a coincidence that so many of these maniacs were born after 1990.

You obviously were not around for the 1960s - Google Charles Whitman - this shit has been going on as long as I can remember, although mass murders of elementary school kids is a new twist
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #26
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,488 Times in 2,333 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

what pisses me off is whenever stuff like this happens the shooter always kills himself when the cops show up. death is too good for scumbags like that, he should spend a year getting gang raped in a federal fuck me in the ass prison and eventually getting bludgeoned to death by other degenerates like himself
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #27
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
what pisses me off is whenever stuff like this happens the shooter always kills himself when the cops show up. death is too good for scumbags like that, he should spend a year getting gang raped in a federal fuck me in the ass prison and eventually getting bludgeoned to death by other degenerates like himself
This.

I'd be personally fine with this guy getting crucified above a pile of tires that were then set ablaze. Totally evil. He isn't even a human being. He's like some sort of creature.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
You didn't piss me off. Sorry

Don't tell me that we need more gun control. Guns are not the problem, crazy, evil people are the problem.
Couldn't say it any better myself. As you took the words out of my mouth!

Thoughts and prayers are with those that lost loved ones and victims. So sad! :(
Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,085 Times in 1,969 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

What makes people do this to their fellow man?

Prayers and healing to the families and staff of Sandy Hook Elementary School.

In the area where I live, parents and teachers are being asked to consider having their children and students write letters of comfort and support to the children at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #30
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I have an eight-year-old and a four-year-old, and I couldn't help crying and hugging them all day yesterday. So sad. I read that there was only one casualty. All of the rest dead. How sick is that? One survivor. Maybe.