Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #1401
Cyphon
Head Coach

Member Number: 24613
Thanked 1,480 Times in 775 Posts
Default Re: Week 15 Gameday Thread: Steelers @ Cowgirls 12/16/12

I am putting this one on the coaches.

1. We keep our best RB sidelined for the majority of the game. Yes, I talk about Redman alot. But that is because I am right.

2. We lack discipline and that is definitely on the coaches. Tomlin has shit all over our backs benching them or making them inactive or whatever but we have a bunch of arrogant receivers making just as many errors. Young Money money crew my ass. Time to bring them to account for their mistakes. Sit someone and put Plax in.

3. Playing for OT instead of going for the win. This isn't big on my list but I still want to mention it. We had time and a timeout. At least run a draw and see what we get out of it.
Cyphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #1402
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Coaching is only as good as its execution. Tomlin had some major bumps at the beginning of the year but I feel changed some things and made me confident. However, his players have shit the bad bad with these mistakes at the worst times.
Exactly. The players are just not that good right now.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #1403
Terrapin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15484

Funny how Tomlin plays hard ass with guys like Wallace and Mendenhall, yet lets Antonio Brown fuck up and/or showboat game after game. Fumbles a punt, lets another punt go 20yds by him, goes out of bounds to stop the clock. Wallace stands there playing with his tool after the INT. And someone please explain why the CBs continue to play 15yds off the ball, even when we send a full out blitz? Logic would dictate the throw will come out quick. Guess Lebeau thinks otherwise.

And here comes Tomlin with his talking points.
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #1404
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairway2-7 View Post
Thanks Wallace for standing around waiting for 39 to take off! U fucken suck! So does brown. We need a complete change on our WRs.
Stop. It's so easy to pile on Wallace but that's 100% on Ben. Horrible throw in a horrible spot.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #1405
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
Do you think it was a mistake? Is two Super Bowl appearances with one win not good enough for you?

This is an old team and needs to get younger. I think in a year or two this team will turn it around. The defense which was a bright spot for years runs the same plays and coverages and no longer dictates games with confusion and aggression. Nobody is fooled by the defense anymore.
Even Norv Turner would've won the SB with the team Cowher built and left behind. Don't forget - Ben's stupidity, immaturity, and recklessness resulting in that motorcycle accident cost the team a chance to repeat as SB champs. Those same players have gotten older - and look at the results now. Extremely poor backups, starters who don't know how to hold onto a ball, repeated mental mistakes, etc.This is a well-coached team? Hardly.
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1406
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Funny how Tomlin plays hard ass with guys like Wallace and Mendenhall, yet lets Antonio Brown fuck up and/or showboat game after game. Fumbles a punt, lets another punt go 20yds by him, goes out of bounds to stop the clock. Wallace stands there playing with his tool after the INT. And someone please explain why the CBs continue to play 15yds off the ball, even when we send a full out blitz? Logic would dictate the throw will come out quick. Guess Lebeau thinks otherwise.

And here comes Tomlin with his talking points.
That's what ticks me off completely. If you KNOW an all out blitz is coming why do you stand back so far. I really can't fault the D today they played well considering they were playing with their 4th and 5th DB's and lost another one during the game.

That game was all on Tomlin, Haley, Ben and the rest of the offense. Brown with 3 GIANT F ups running out of bounds, not fielding that one punt and basically fumbling their chance to run the clock down.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1407
Stairway2-7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17956
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
Stop. It's so easy to pile on Wallace but that's 100% on Ben. Horrible throw in a horrible spot.
Um what were you watching when Wallace was playing with himself watching 39 take off and go. He shows no effort for his team. Im tired of seeing Wallace with a bad attitude every week. Yes I agree that it was Bens fault, not to mention Browns screw ups, but Ben shows heart, Wallace doesnt care.
Stairway2-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1408
Terrapin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15484

Dallas's last punt, there were 25 seconds left. Dallas calls timeout to get the punt team on. Then we call time out for some unknown reason. 25 seconds with 2 timeouts would be tough to get into FG range, but not impossible, and certainly not impossible for 'good' teams. Instead, we burn a timeout. Can the Rooney's please higher a coach that knows how to manage a game?
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #1409
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
Do you think it was a mistake? Is two Super Bowl appearances with one win not good enough for you?

This is an old team and needs to get younger. I think in a year or two this team will turn it around. The defense which was a bright spot for years runs the same plays and coverages and no longer dictates games with confusion and aggression. Nobody is fooled by the defense anymore.
The Rooneys are NOT going to fire Tomlin, but the Super Bowl talk is getting older and older.

This team doesnt resemble anything like either of those teams. Each year we get further and further removed from the SBs. So Tomlin better get to getting things fixed.

You must remember---THE STANDARD IS THE STANDARD
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #1410
greensboro_steeler_fan
Water Boy

Member Number: 24144

Well...I know I don't post much but I do read alot of them and I am as upset about this team as everyone else.......but guess what...where we be next Sunday...right here pulling for them again cause we are fans!!!! So come on Steelers get yalls shit together and lets beat those bungles!!!!
greensboro_steeler_fan is offline   Reply With Quote