Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #1411
jtbsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 18760
Default Re: Week 15 Gameday Thread: Steelers @ Cowgirls 12/16/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus View Post
i love the hidden racism about tomlin....

No racism, he's football stupid. His teams don't know game situations on top of that he sat Burress when Brown and Sanders shit the bed.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #1412
Terrapin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
That's what ticks me off completely. If you KNOW an all out blitz is coming why do you stand back so far. I really can't fault the D today they played well considering they were playing with their 4th and 5th DB's and lost another one during the game.

That game was all on Tomlin, Haley, Ben and the rest of the offense. Brown with 3 GIANT F ups running out of bounds, not fielding that one punt and basically fumbling their chance to run the clock down.
I still don't know who #35 is, but he should never step foot on a football field ever again in his life. Other than that the D was ok, but Romo picked them apart, and frankly, I think I could have too. You'd have a 3rd and 5, and the CBs would be 12 yds off the line. It just doesn't make any sense, but I've been seeing it for years.
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #1413
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_Steeler View Post
Even Norv Turner would've won the SB with the team Cowher built and left behind. Don't forget - Ben's stupidity, immaturity, and recklessness resulting in that motorcycle accident cost the team a chance to repeat as SB champs. Those same players have gotten older - and look at the results now. Extremely poor backups, starters who don't know how to hold onto a ball, repeated mental mistakes, etc.This is a well-coached team? Hardly.
Exactly. He coached decently THREE years ago but since the Green Bay Super Bowl this team and coaching has been suspect.

1. Name any impact draft picks that have stood out in 3 YEARS of Tomlin
2. Tomlin is supposedly a DB coach right? He know DB's... name one we've drafted and developed well.
3. Turnovers and Penalties << sorry idiots, that is ON THE COACH. Ask the Raiders...
4. This team is literally like watching a ROLL of the DICE.
5. In any given game HALF of the team is literally fucking asleep.

Go Steelers but this has been an absolute CRAP product for 7 weeks now. Just awful to watch... but
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #1414
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stairway2-7 View Post
Um what were you watching when Wallace was playing with himself watching 39 take off and go. He shows no effort for his team. Im tired of seeing Wallace with a bad attitude every week. Yes I agree that it was Bens fault, not to mention Browns screw ups, but Ben shows heart, Wallace doesnt care.
I love how you think football looks so easy from the TV. It took Wallace a split second to realize Carr had it then started chasing him and got blocked.

You're overlooking the obvious F up. Ben's horrible throw.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1415
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmemphis View Post
EXACTLY RIGHT. I hated that Wallace simply watched him for a sec or two before he tried to run after him, but the game was done right there. It wouldnt have mattered at that point.

Ben did that. All Ben. Hey we live with Ben and we die with Ben and that was all Ben.
At least you're calling it straight. Calling players out when they screw up is immune to some on this board. They only recognize certain players errors. Way to Man Up!
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #1416
TESS743
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19110
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Coaching is only as good as its execution. Tomlin had some major bumps at the beginning of the year but I feel changed some things and made me confident. However, his players have shit the bad bad with these mistakes at the worst times.
I totally agree. It's amazing how many people want to blame Tomlin for the players having brain farts, fumbles and not being able to tackle. I cannot beleive that he does'nt drill it into the players minds about holding on to the ball and tackling. I know that there are some fans that absolutely cannot stand Tomlin and never wanted him to be coach in the first place. However, He is the coach of the Steelers and I feel that he has done a great job. The team has had a lot of injuries this year and it's very frustrating as a fan. We should have won this game, but like all season long, we make mistakes at the wrong time. Lets hope we can win the remaining games and some others lose theirs. GO STEELERS ( I LOVE THIS TEAM)!!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #1417
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288

Let's break this down for a min. IF PIT won the game today, what seed would the Steelers most likely get in the playoffs should they make it??? 6th seed. Right?

Well, if PIT wins next week at home against CIN, we are tied record wise with CIN but have swept them this year.

Then if PIT wins against CLE at Heinz Field, doesnt PIT go as the 6th seed???

If for some wacky crazy reason we end up tied with NYJets, didnt we beat them head to head earlier this year? So we go in that case right?

I know we gave up a chance at the division today, but lets be real, provided we win both our home games, our playoff seeding wouldnt be affected by today's loss

Not excusing blowing this game, but looking for something to help console me. Somebody tell me if these scenarios are wrong
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #1418
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Let's break this down for a min. IF PIT won the game today, what seed would the Steelers most likely get in the playoffs should they make it??? 6th seed. Right?

Well, if PIT wins next week at home against CIN, we are tied record wise with CIN but have swept them this year.

If for some wacky crazy reason we end up tied with NYJets, didnt we beat them head to head earlier this year? So we go in that case right?

I know we gave up a chance at the division today, but lets be real, provided we win both our home games, our playoff seeding wouldnt be affected by today's loss

Not excusing blowing this game, but looking for something to help console me. Somebody tell me if these scenarios are wrong
The #6 seed is as high as they can get. They don't need to win out but even if they do #6 it is. Which almost certainly means another trip to Denver except this time Denver won't have Mr. Jesus running their offense. Ryan Clark won't be able to play because of the altitude and we will get toasted. At this point I know you play to get in because anything can happen in the playoffs but this team is not the 2005 team or the 2010 Packers.

The Colts are pretty much locked into the #5 seed.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #1419
sexyllama
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18213

Quote:

Not excusing blowing this game, but looking for something to help console me.
If you aren't playing focused, disciplined, and with intensity BY GAME 14 then the PLAYOFFS are just a mirage.

We are a very poorly coached team, they are playing well below what they are being paid (some exceptions like Sushi, H. Miller, maybe Timmons & Lewis) I think there a lot of people who don't like the product they are seeing ARE WORRIED because we are not only getting beat BUT THE STEELERS look like utter $hit on the field. They have looked awful for 7 weeks in a row...

Love the Steelers, just don't like anything about the direction of this team...
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #1420
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyllama View Post
If you aren't playing focused, disciplined, and with intensity BY GAME 14 then the PLAYOFFS are just a mirage.

We are a very poorly coached team, they are playing well below what they are being paid (some exceptions like Sushi, H. Miller, maybe Timmons & Lewis) I think there a lot of people who don't like the product they are seeing ARE WORRIED because we are not only getting beat BUT THE STEELERS look like utter $hit on the field. They have looked awful for 7 weeks in a row...

Love the Steelers, just don't like anything about the direction of this team...
Hey, I am with you on that. Losing to Oak, Tenn, SD and CLE killed our chances of getting a better seed.

We played a team tonight that was scrapping for its playoff life. Their QB played about as well as he can play and if not for a fumble on a great return or a horrible pass in OT, who knows we most likely should have won. But we didnt.

The team is shaky right now and it DOES scare Steeler Nation. I just dont see any improvement. We still fumble. We hardly get any turnovers. We cannot stop the pass for the most part, The team is a walking hospital ward with all the injuries we have had. We need some knew blood. The FO needs to start getting new life, younger players in the fold.

If PIT is the number 1 ranked defense then stats are liars. No way that is the best defense in the league.
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote