Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #41
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,264 Times in 3,960 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Time to focus on the Bengals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
$100 that this team doesn't make it to the SB, I'd love to lose this bet but I'm just being real. and being a critic of this years performance doesn't make one a for weather fan. I basically said if he believes then put your money where your mouth is
I would be willing to bet a helluva lot more than that, this team is not going to the Super Bowl this season and quite honestly they don't deserve to.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #42
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
Our #1 defensive ranking is a mirage. On offense we're #2 in TOP. When we don't have superstars at OLB, this defense is lost. Right now, Harrison and Woodley are a shadow of what they were in 2008. Woodley is still young and hopefully gets in shape next year, but Harrison is at the end.

Unfortunately, LeBeau is completely incapable of scheming pressure. It MUST come from stars beating their men, and they're not doing it.

it is a mirage, no question.

As far as the LB's you speak of, right now Harrison is wiping the floor with Woodley. Woodley got beat a slew of times today and has barely been a playmaker. We gave him the big multi-million dollar deal and at the time he was expected to be one of the best in the league.
Now - you NEVER hear him mentioned in the same breath as the other elite guys in the league. I'd like to see him come into camp next year 10 lbs lighter and more ripped - he definitely doesn't look in 'premium' shape and appears winded.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #43
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post

As far as the LB's you speak of, right now Harrison is wiping the floor with Woodley. Woodley got beat a slew of times today and has barely been a playmaker. We gave him the big multi-million dollar deal and at the time he was expected to be one of the best in the league.
Now - you NEVER hear him mentioned in the same breath as the other elite guys in the league. I'd like to see him come into camp next year 10 lbs lighter and more ripped - he definitely doesn't look in 'premium' shape and appears winded.
Keith Butler has been on Woodley about that, but it must go in one ear and out the other.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #44
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,099 Times in 3,895 Posts

It's not a mirage. For the love of god, I have to explain this shit again?

Taylor goes down and our secondary takes a hit. Then, Allen goes down - our starting Nickle CB - and once again, our secondary takes a hit. Then, because apparently LeBeau pissed off the football gods, Lewis goes down and, almost like clockwork, our secondary once again takes a hit. Now, who could have seen that coming? It's almost David fucking Copperfield came and in put a curse on our secondary, isn't it?

Or, using logic, our starting three CBs go down and we use guys from our practice squad and everyone is shocked when our secondary isn't playing like the top unit we've been accustomed to. This is the kind of gross overreaction that I'm tired of seeing. Why don't we criticize our quarterback numbers when Ben goes down? Why don't we take away Timmons, Foote and Adrian Robinson, sign some FAs and practice squad guys and then criticize the shit out of how badly our 'backers our playing. It's essentially the same logic, but when it's put that way it makes it seem ridiculous.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to look ridiculous either.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
fansince'76 (12-16-2012), teegre (12-17-2012), The_Joker (12-17-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #45
CanuckCurtain
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post

but he is donating it to people that need it
CanuckCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #46
dez09231
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11142

If we weren't playing divisional games the last two weeks, i'd be hoping that we lose. I remember those seasons ending to the Patriots last decade, and though they don't sting nearly as bad two rings later, I would rather not make the playoffs then lost to them again.

We aren't beating New England. We lose to shit teams because we aren't very good. Even if say we could beat the Patriots somehow..... maybe Brady gets the flu or something, we aren't then going into Houston or Denver and winning. This team doesn't win home games against shit teams, let alone road teams against elite teams.
dez09231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #47
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,496 Times in 7,393 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
It's not a mirage. For the love of god, I have to explain this shit again?

Taylor goes down and our secondary takes a hit. Then, Allen goes down - our starting Nickle CB - and once again, our secondary takes a hit. Then, because apparently LeBeau pissed off the football gods, Lewis goes down and, almost like clockwork, our secondary once again takes a hit. Now, who could have seen that coming? It's almost David fucking Copperfield came and in put a curse on our secondary, isn't it?

Or, using logic, our starting three CBs go down and we use guys from our practice squad and everyone is shocked when our secondary isn't playing like the top unit we've been accustomed to. This is the kind of gross overreaction that I'm tired of seeing. Why don't we criticize our quarterback numbers when Ben goes down? Why don't we take away Timmons, Foote and Adrian Robinson, sign some FAs and practice squad guys and then criticize the shit out of how badly our 'backers our playing. It's essentially the same logic, but when it's put that way it makes it seem ridiculous.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to look ridiculous either.
Hell yeah!!! I concur 100%.

I posted this in another thread, but it bears iteration:

At one point, Robert Golden was playing CB. Pittsburgh's third string safety was playing CB... and Dallas could only muster 300 yards passing... and they have some very good WRs. I think that that alone is a testament to how well this defense is playing.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 AM   #48
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
My Mood: Devilish

You all look like this

Steelers, Heat, Kevin Harvick #4
Steelers Fever's least popular user, formerly known as Quackjack.
The_Joker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #49
NYC_Steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
You all look like this

After that shitty performance against the Cowboys, you 'betcha!
NYC_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #50
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
You all look like this

yeah and you look like this

"The Steelers are going to the super bowl, we didn't just lose 4 out of the last 5, I don't know what games you were watching!"
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
maddog78 (12-17-2012)